Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2005, 22:27   #1
BHPian

Pics: Viano is here!

Last edited by CLS_55_AMG : 24th March 2005 at 22:34.
Old 24th March 2005, 23:55   #2
BHPian

It looks strictly OK ..totally not worth the mulah
The MB 140 (coorect me if i'm wrong) is definetly more VFM
Old 25th March 2005, 00:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw it standing at the worli showroom today while passing by ...looks pretty nice for a van of this size.Interiors look excellent too
Old 25th March 2005, 02:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Checkout the pic from the driver's seat. How the hell is one supposed to reach the air-conditioning dials?? i don't know anyone whose left hand is 1.5 times longer than the right hand. For something costing that muh, it looks pretty bland and basic to me. Definitely not worth the price. Do you think we'll see many on the roads?
Old 25th March 2005, 08:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

all thats okay.....It might turn out to be useful for hotels and stuff, cos then only the chauffer has to stretch to reach the dials!!. And I'm sure it would look good in black with some decent alloys( i mean for commercial organizations) Otherwise, its pretty much pointless.
Old 25th March 2005, 21:02   #6
BANNED

and now they launch it. this is just great. when i went to buy the MB van i was told it was out of production. then when i buy a replacement they come up with this. i hate when that happens. none the less whats the price to one of these. looks ok really but then its just a van
Old 25th March 2005, 21:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Viano huh!! Doesn't look very Merc to me. I bet, if you replaced all the Merc logos and stick ons with Toyota ones, people wouldn't know the diff.

As for the interiors, they could have taken a few tips from Toyota. The Fortuner has arguably the most proportionate and well designed console i've ever seen. Brilliant!!

And how much is the Viano gonna cost?

Shan2nu
Old 25th March 2005, 21:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is going to cost somewhere in the region of 60 lakhs if I'm not mistaken.
Besides the MB100/140D seemed more VFM because they were rebadged Ssangyongs. So much for all those suckers who thought 3 pointed star goes cheap.
Old 25th March 2005, 22:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Vaneo Viano V-Class...I wish they'd leave these to Toyota and Ford and concentrate on making cars that don't fall apart...a la the "Indian" C-Class.

Can't we get a nice little G-Wagen instead?
Old 26th March 2005, 02:25   #10
BHPian

Well the viano will cost about 55 lakhs ex-showroom, which seems like a lot, even i felt. But once I sat in the car I was amazed. Pics dont speak anything. The interiors are extremely well built, with fine quality of ABS plastic, Leather and Wood. It is extremely comfortable, and whoever sat inside, would immediately start imagining themselves going on a long drive with friends, booze and music. At this price you get a car with the same engine as the S Class, Parking sensors, Navigation ( maybe of some use in the future ), a refridgerator, and versatile seating for upto 8 people ( yes it can be ordered in different seating configurations ) Even the ground clearance can be adjusted as per the roads. It lacs the " macho" appeal of an SUV, but makes up in comfort, space and build quality. All in all very impressive.
Old 26th March 2005, 02:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Viano huh!! Doesn't look very Merc to me. I bet, if you replaced all the Merc logos and stick ons with Toyota ones, people wouldn't know the diff.

As for the interiors, they could have taken a few tips from Toyota. The Fortuner has arguably the most proportionate and well designed console i've ever seen. Brilliant!!

And how much is the Viano gonna cost?

Shan2nu
totally agree man. the toyota fortuner is definately a great vehicle
Old 26th March 2005, 07:35   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
and now they launch it. this is just great. when i went to buy the MB van i was told it was out of production. then when i buy a replacement they come up with this. i hate when that happens. none the less whats the price to one of these. looks ok really but then its just a van

You did not mss much, having used a 140 to get tranferred to the Leela in Mumbai once - found it was tacky, A/C ineeffective. Miserable.

In the UK the Viano is a little cheaper than an Eclass
Old 26th March 2005, 10:27   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At this price you get a car with the same engine as the S Class,
S Class??? I thought it had the C Class 220 CDi engine. Thats what was reported by BSM.
Old 26th March 2005, 11:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good, and has enough space and luxury inside. Good for corporates and hotels. Other companies can hire them or take them on rent for foriegn executives or foreign personnel who'd come to India.
Old 26th March 2005, 11:57   #15
BHPian

This car has the S class engine. The 220 CDI is under homologation in Pune, so that will take a while. The 350 does not need homologation since it has a petrol engine larger than 3000 cc. Diesel engines need to be over 2500 cc to avoid homologaiton.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks