Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th September 2008, 15:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Amazing Scoop !

Amazing scoop ! The car is lookig great . I hope they launch it very soon. Recent issues around their plant is very disheartening . Just praying for everything to sort out very soon .

PS : The real car am waiting for is Electro Nano.

Last edited by maxbhp : 30th September 2008 at 15:41.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 15:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Looks stunning with body-coloured bumpers but awful without! Can't wait for it to be launched. Kudos to TATAs.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 16:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

Saw 4 Nanos being tested on the Shikarpur-Chakan road (off Pune) yesterday evening, but was driving my Scorpio solo, could not take any photos. Overtook them at 80-90 kmph, they were driving quite fast. Headlights look very feeble. Tyres skinny.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 16:20   #79
BHPian

Good scoop photos. Nice to see work testing going on inspite of the glitches at the production unit.

I had seen a lone white Nano, the one without the body coloured bumpers being tested on the ghat section in Amboli, some months back. It did pull well on the upward gradient.

Great catch byzanram and thanks for sharing the same.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 17:19   #80
BHPian

It seems that there is a bit of design change in the back of the car from the one thats displayed during the launch. Somebody please confirm.
shineshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 17:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzanram View Post
Spied these pictures of couple of Nano being tested by TATA engineers. One of them overtook me at 110Km/hr. You can see one of them actually overtaking two trucks!

Car seems cute, although the behind looks more like an auto with the rear tyres pointing outwards. Check these exclusive, first time ever road pictures of Nanos!
Were you able to hear the engine. Does it sound smooth like a car or does it have the typical 'phat-phat' motorcycle beat ???
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 18:34   #82
BHPian

Nice find Ram!!. Eagerly waiting for the Nano.
110 Km/h seems to be good speed for small Nano. Speedometer at the center looks to be the specialty of the Nano. Thanks a lot posting the Pix. Good job.
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 19:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

The average Indian's dream wheels!

TATA is going to revolutionize our little big country. And hopefully force the authorities to make better roads! Thank you for the pics Ram.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 20:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Indica Vista is the same with center console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Nice find Ram!!. Eagerly waiting for the Nano.
110 Km/h seems to be good speed for small Nano. Speedometer at the center looks to be the specialty of the Nano. Thanks a lot posting the Pix. Good job.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 21:24   #85
BHPian

hmm a good looking car to enter my garage. Hope they are able to launch its top end version as early as possible.

Well good to see it do 100+ speeds. Will be useful on highway travel

~RBI
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 22:33   #86
BANNED

WOW, WOW & WOW!!! Grrreat job, Byzaraman. Nano really looks fantastic. I don't need another car right now but what the heck, it is so cute I will def buy one. And it doesn't cost earth. When are they opening bookings? The local Tata Motors dealer is clueless. I am sure there will be looong queues. I am sure many are waiting with cheques in their hands.

Roads will be swarming with these little cuties but thats' ok. Not-so-well-off should also be able to afford a car. We must thank Ratan Tata for this. However, Educating drivers is important. I agree with the line of arguement here that a large number of two wheeler riders are reckless and they lack the basic driving, overtaking and even parking skills. Since Nano occupies more sq.ft than a bike, the problem may be compunded.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 22:47   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzanram View Post
I dont think the A/c was functioning although the yellow car had a fully functioning one. Moreover the interiors of were full of wires and test instruments - complete clutter! Even the inside of the doors did not seem to have covering.

Warm regards,
Ram
Just to add, they were using an instrument called VBOX III - See the last picture carefully - This tracks speed, velocity, heading etc using GPS. More information here and check the pdf attachment VBOX USA >> VBOX III 100hz GPS Vehicle Testing, Inertial Measurement, DriftBox Drift Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
with you @ byzanram, you are wearing a white T and a gold kada in your left hand, with one ring each in both hands and you also wear a square shaped wrist watch with black dial in your right hand, but the person talking the pic (i,e your dear wife) was wearing a Grey T and wears a golden chain type strap watch with white dial..

correct me if iam wrong on this...just giving my findings from the pictures posted by you, that you were not driving and clicking pictures at the same time..
You have AMAZING Observation capability! You are 100% right about me and my wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
did anyone notice how the thing wasn't camouflaged like the indica vista test mules?
and to add that the folks at the wheel were downright sociable, allowing these pics and even the interiors.
Most of the others who try to take pictures of cars which are being tested end up getting forced off the road by the agressive test drivers who dont want any pics taken, and get abused by them if any pics do get taken.
Kudos to the openness !
PS: do i smell cheap viral advertising
The team in the yellow car was against me taking any photos - VERY STRICT!
The team in the black bumper car was somewhat ok.. I forced myself to take these pictures - cannot call them 'downright sociable' in any case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Fantastic pics. Appriciate the effort taken to take these and share them with us.
The Nano does look cute!

How good were the interiors (seats, material, space, etc) ?
Definitely the interior quality did not look cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
Ram Sir & Madame Ram,
To all the Seniors in the forum,

Sir i have observed almost all the Pictures and Videos of Nano every made available on the interwebs. In none of the pictures or videos, the Nano had its rear seat windows rolled down.
My fear is that like the hatch the windows are bonded to the rear doors (Cannot be rolled down).

Mr Ram, did you notice crank handle to lower the rear seat windows ?

Thanking You,
Anmol
Anmol, see the last photo - the rear window is rolled down - yes there is a crank handle to lower the rear seat windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Were you able to hear the engine. Does it sound smooth like a car or does it have the typical 'phat-phat' motorcycle beat ???
Engine sounded smooth when it was accelerating from 0 onwards as I watched it speeding away. Did not notice any unusual sound.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RLVB3SPS_DATA.pdf (839.6 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by Zappo : 30th September 2008 at 23:40. Reason: Please stop making multitude of posts unnecessarily. Reply to all at one go. Do not quote full posts for your 1-liner replies.
byzanram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 23:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Ask them (thhe Maruti A.S.S.es) how they access the Omni's engine, and you have your answer.
After removing the seats in Omni, the engine is accessible from two sides, but in case of Nano, the access will be only from one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
To Goswami Ji,
Sir from what I have read, one can access the engine from inside of the car, one will have to fold the rear seats. The logic behind bonding the hatch is to make the rear rigid and at the same time cut down the cost. It is bonded with industrial strength adhesive. This would be uncomfortable arrangement, but what more can one ask for that price point. Hopefully due to its size, engine won't get heated up too much otherwise it would really be bad for car mechanics to fix this engine in Indian temperature.
Yes, one can access from inside the car and this might be the drawback. And giving a normal hatch wont cost much even at this segment, anyways, time will tell. May be tata might change this or there might be other workarounds available.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th September 2008 at 23:44.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 23:56   #89
BHPian

nice scoop boyo!

frankly, iam pleasently surprised to see the car on the road. i hated it as its conceptual drawing. but in flesh, on the road, its actually quite attractice. looks like the nano will indeed become a huge seller.
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 04:30   #90
BHPian

Thumbs up Take this on YouTube

Guys,

Watch this link ,
LongDrive is offline   Reply With Quote