Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 22:06   #1

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.

Hey,

Spied these pictures of couple of Nano being tested by TATA engineers. One of them overtook me at 110Km/hr. You can see one of them actually overtaking two trucks!

Car seems cute, although the behind looks more like an auto with the rear tyres pointing outwards. Check these exclusive, first time ever road pictures of Nanos!

Its me in the second last picture with the french beard and beaming with a large smile! The last picture is a closeup of the dashboard. The engineers had all kind of wires and instruments rigged up in the car to study the parameters.

Regards,
Byzanram
Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0479.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0480.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0481.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0482.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0483.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0484.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0485.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0486.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0489.jpg

Exclusive!! FIRST TIME ROAD PICTURES OF NANOs being tested on GQ near Pune.-100_0491.jpg

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th September 2008 at 14:05.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

WATERMARK WATERMARK WATERMARK WATERMARK WATERMARK!!

Seriously, very nice pics.

110 kph? I thought the nano was engineered to age much quickly if driven at speeds >70 - what with the news reports on cheaper suspension or such?
Old 29th September 2008, 23:55   #3
BHPian

the Nano, looks very cute from the front..as if smiling, like this ->
Old 29th September 2008, 23:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pics Ram!! Somebody please watermark the pics!
Old 29th September 2008, 23:59   #5

Thanks! Can somebody guide me how to watermark!!!?! After posting?! Or can the admins do it for me?!

Regards,
Ram
Old 30th September 2008, 00:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Cool Pics!

Surprisingly, no camouflage?
Old 30th September 2008, 00:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great find dude! I don't know whether to be happy at seeing these pics or live in dread of the day in the not too distant future where these things will be swarming all over our roads with biker mentality drivers at the wheel!
Old 30th September 2008, 00:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Excellent! Means that if the present row was not there, we would be actually having this car in around October as planned.

110 kmph ? Looks like they were testing the top speed of the car. Yes, from the front it looks cute and good, but from the rear, not good looking ? But looks are subjective.

My overall observations are:

1) Engine has sufficient grunt.
2) Although physical stance is not the correct parameter to decide/comment on ground clearence by any stretch of imagination, this car seems to have good ground clearence.
3) Looks good from front ( as good as Swift for me ). Only Matiz looked better. ( This is limited to me as looks are quite subjective ).
4) Although I appreciate the effort, taking shots while driving in not safe and not advisable.

EDIT : @ Byzanram : Which car you were in ? We can get a better idea about speed after considering the speedo error.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th September 2008 at 00:19.
Old 30th September 2008, 00:18   #9
BHPian

brilliant pics.
the nano looks great. even the steering wheel looks good. better than they have going in the Indica. the car looks cute.
and pls dont forget to WATERMARK. mods pls do the needful.
Old 30th September 2008, 00:50   #10
BHPian

What is that flat strip below the bumper? It looks crude! Why is it there. I don't remember seeing it when Ratan Tata's launched Nano on TV. The one with the body colored bumpers looks really good. byzanram, did this car with the snap of the cabin and dash, sport an A/c?

Last edited by abhi1309 : 30th September 2008 at 00:52.
Old 30th September 2008, 00:54   #11
abk
BHPian

I have now seen quite comprehensively my new office car, cheers! cheers:

Tonnes of thanks dear Ram
Old 30th September 2008, 01:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Excellent! Means that if the present row was not there, we would be actually having this car in around October as planned.

110 kmph ? Looks like they were testing the top speed of the car. Yes, from the front it looks cute and good, but from the rear, not good looking ? But looks are subjective.

My overall observations are:

1) Engine has sufficient grunt.
2) Although physical stance is not the correct parameter to decide/comment on ground clearence by any stretch of imagination, this car seems to have good ground clearence.
3) Looks good from front ( as good as Swift for me ). Only Matiz looked better. ( This is limited to me as looks are quite subjective ).
4) Although I appreciate the effort, taking shots while driving in not safe and not advisable.

EDIT : @ Byzanram : Which car you were in ? We can get a better idea about speed after considering the speedo error.

Thanks aaggoswami!
Well, none of these pictures are taken by me. They have been clicked by my dear wife, who was sitting beside me in my Honda City! BTW I am extremely careful about safety and road sense. Would never in life drive and take photos or for that matter even use my mobile phone while driving!!

regards,
Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
What is that flat strip below the bumper? It looks crude! Why is it there. I don't remember seeing it when Ratan Tata's launched Nano on TV. The one with the body colored bumpers looks really good. byzanram, did this car with the snap of the cabin and dash, sport an A/c?
I dont think the A/c was functioning although the yellow car had a fully functioning one. Moreover the interiors of were full of wires and test instruments - complete clutter! Even the inside of the doors did not seem to have covering.

Warm regards,
Ram

Last edited by Zappo : 30th September 2008 at 23:46. Reason: Try to reply every one in one go. Posts merged.
Old 30th September 2008, 02:21   #13
BHPian

Are you sure about the 110 ? It had the petrol engine with manual transmission right ? I see a horn like button in place of clutch in the very first picture !! or it look s more like a dead pedal but you can only tell us what is it? Great find byzanram
Regards
sAjAAn
Old 30th September 2008, 02:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Any reason why the car is so tall? It's not like you're going to stack people on top of each other inside the car. Absolutely loathe the front, especially the one without body-colored bumpers. They could've taken a few cues from the Smart and worked accordingly. Looks quite good from the side, and alright from the back.

Nice pics btw
Old 30th September 2008, 03:22   #15
HKP
BHPian

New age Auto

Looks like a good replacement for the ubiquitous Autorickshaw.

\\\HKP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks