Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 11:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

The car Nano finally sees the roads. Nice pictures Ram and thanks for sharing them with us. Whatever one may say but this is a dream come true for millions of Indians who aspire to own a car of their own. This is perfect for urban city commute and easy to park as well. Well done Tata.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Those who complain about this car being a traffic nuisance are very selfish in my opinion. If we can buy/have a car, why not let my neighbour have one too? If not for this dream car, many will spend their whole life lugging around their family of 5 in a 100cc 2wheeler.
Now, this has been argued many times on different threads. Ain't it?
It has nothing to do with selfishness or wanting to deprive others from a better life-style at all. It has to do with the perception that two-wheeler riders in general pay less heed to the rules of the road, and make more erratic, unexpected manoeuvres simply because they are capable of it. Their mind-set and habits won't change as quick as they will be able to buy a car. That's all. Don't read more into things than you ought to.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:50   #48
BHPian

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing.

Nano looks great in yellow color
Old 30th September 2008, 11:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Good pics. Nano looks good in the h/way. S/wheel is similar to Ford Ikon. The bumper in white car looks a little ackward. But we can't expect more, can we? for this 1Lac car....
Old 30th September 2008, 11:56   #50
BHPian

I'd seen couple of black Nanos without any camouflage..guess what one Nano (which had 3 guys in it) was toeing a SAFARI This was in Chinchwad, near Pune
Guess that tells something about NANO power
Old 30th September 2008, 12:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

A Nano with three men in it towing a Safari?! Why didn't you take pics on the spot?!! :O
Old 30th September 2008, 12:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

great pics. So we can expect to see them flocking the road soon.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:29   #53
BHPian

The side and front profile is cute, but the back looks like an rickshaw. However, a great job by TATAs. Good alternative for many, money saved from rikshaw fare is enough to buy a nano. This car once released will lead from front in its segment for sure.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:32   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good pics. Nano looks good in the h/way. S/wheel is similar to Ford Ikon. The bumper in white car looks a little ackward. But we can't expect more, can we? for this 1Lac car....
For 1 Lac what more can you ask for. Great and brilliant effort from TATA's.

What do you say for the 5 lac i10 for that looks matter.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:45   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
It has nothing to do with selfishness or wanting to deprive others from a better life-style at all. It has to do with the perception that two-wheeler riders in general pay less heed to the rules of the road, and make more erratic, unexpected manoeuvres simply because they are capable of it. Their mind-set and habits won't change as quick as they will be able to buy a car. That's all.
I know what you mean. However, if you observe, most chaps with their family of 4 on a two wheeler, are a bit more careful than other bikers while riding. It's these guys who Tata is targetting as customers. Ofcourse, a bike carrying 4 is a hazard. It's likely to go out of control with all that weight. But, if my car had to hit something, I'd rather hit the Nano with 4 people and give the occupants a better chance of escaping with few or no injuries than a bike with 4 on board and almost surely injuring someone seriously. So, even if the driver of a Nano is stupid, atleast his innocent children are relatively safe.
The maniacs who race through traffic and cut lanes without warning and reason at mad speeds and make life miserable for other road users will not change. They'll still buy bikes. A Pulsar or CBZ is much quicker, more agile, more fuel efficient than a Nano and still costs half as much.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I agree with that.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

nice catch there..

one of the first hi-quality pictures of the Nano on the road.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:01   #58

Nice pictures...........cute car ......definitely 3 cheers for TATA engineers for coming up with this low cost car.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2008 at 13:17.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:04   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yellow's an awesome colour to sell the Nano in. Not too many cars can claim to look good in bright clothes.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:06   #60
BHPian

Great pictures.
Great effort from Tata .
one for the office travel for me.

saw these pics on forum in the morning and in afternoon saw this car called honda Life on road. looked a lot like Nano.
attacing the pics - to me this car and Nano 'looked' very simillar at first looks.

the car in real looked much smaller than it looks in these pics that i took

Last edited by METISWHG : 30th September 2008 at 13:25.

Most Viewed