Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 09:54   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
The worst thing with the bolero is the way it will swings when you cross a speedbraker at an angle (say 45 deg). It will swing your upper body like a pendulum. I had hurt my neck a couple of times. It happens in all SUVs to some extent but i am not sure why its so bad in bolero.
Bulls eye !! All the spare parts in your own body are dismantled, feels it does not have the thing which almost all cars come with, the wonderful "shock absorbers" !!
Old 16th March 2009, 15:32   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Euro II? Isnt that the same as BS II? I thought only BS III are allowed registration in Bangalore. Which is why the M2DI BSII is not sold in Bangalore. You can buy this outside Bangalore, register it there, and then drive it around here.
Euro II, BS II - all same, diff names for the same sucker. The dealership guys said they had some issues with BS/Euro III, so they stopped ordering it, or perhaps the company stopped marketing it, whatever the actual reason, but they did not have the III version only II, God only knows the real reason, and if really true, whats the prob. in BS II, anyway i went 4the BSII only as it was cheaper by atleast 20, 000.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Bolero's door screws are exposed. And one need not connect any power tools for opening it. Normal star screwdriver is enough to loosen the screws and one can slid hand to unlock the door from inside. I had done so thrice as I forgot my keys in ignition.

The new Turbo DI Bolero screws are covered by plastic cladding. But I do believe it is not matter to remove that decorative cladding.
When u actually intend o steal, u dont need many things, it can be a sophisticated Honda/ Toyota or any other car, no1 will go around carrying a screw driver unless he has a definite plan only to steal a bolero, opening a normal car is pretty simple, its not just the Bolero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
I wish - but personally I don't like the Scorpio - now now - Scorpio lovers don;t jump on me. Moreover I feel the Scorpio driver seat is crampy compared to Bolero.

This was my dream for long - Bolero ka stability - Scorpio ka power. I know its only 97 bhp compared to Scopio's 115 bhp so don't take it literally. Mebbe the power to weight ratio is now better in Bolero.
Scorpio is a **** vehicle, pre owners dont jump plz, its just a vehicle n tats my personal opinion, its not the vehicle, its the engine. Had tried the earlier engine which was pretty decent and gave ample power n torque at the begining itself, but this crde ......there seems a power loss n a lot of turbine sound. Then there is a lot of body roll, cramped feeling inside the cabin...over all not worth the price,......

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th March 2009 at 16:12. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th March 2009, 16:22   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Euro II, BS II - all same, diff names for the same sucker.
Euro - II and BS-II are not same but slightly different with BS-II being stricter than the Euro-II norms especially on SOXX and particulate matter.
Old 17th March 2009, 09:04   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Euro - II and BS-II are not same but slightly different with BS-II being stricter than the Euro-II norms especially on SOXX and particulate matter.
Oh OK, didn't know that1 4sure, i had a notion set in my mind that the European's would be more stringent than Indian emission laws, hence Euro norms would be either = or More strict than Bharat stage. Anyway, strictness apart, they both signify the same thing, pollution norms, right??
maheep007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th March 2009, 10:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Oh OK, didn't know that1 4sure, i had a notion set in my mind that the European's would be more stringent than Indian emission laws, hence Euro norms would be either = or More strict than Bharat stage. Anyway, strictness apart, they both signify the same thing, pollution norms, right??
Please read the guidelines for posting on the forum as SMS language is prohibited here.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:00   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Please read the guidelines for posting on the forum as SMS language is prohibited here.
Haha sorry kilometer oops mile cruncher, but then in a lighter mood even you too should be using full language instead of short hand like "SMS ", am i right buddy?

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2009 at 19:44. Reason: Please dont question Mod actions in public forum, use report or contact form. Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 20:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted a Bolero with a Sportier Diesel for Private Use!

The Bolero (4X4) with the old Peugeot XD3P (2498 cc) engine was a gem in the pre Scorpio days.I have used this SUV (2001 model) or whatever one may call it, for very long distance runs and the reliability of this engine is top class. It can run all day long at 80-90 kmph without any problems. The NVH levels were also quite acceptable for what it was. And the non-CRDi engine would deliver about 12kmpl on highways.The maintenance costs were the bare minimum. Its road presence was awesome.The SUV came with radials as OE.The chassis is derived from the vintage CJ series but is still the most suitable under our traffic conditions.The plastic claddings around the mudguards bore the brunt of damage from hits many a time.
Sadly , the engine has not been available in the newer Boleros, ever since the BS II norms were enforced, I believe. Now a days the noisy and crude DI diesels are fitted to the Boleros and they do very well as taxis.
Mean to say that the old Bolero was really a poor man's SUV.It has sadly acquired the taxi image.
I think Mahindra should tap this segment low end SUV segment making the Bolero available with a sporty CRDi engine for private users.The interiors can be given a modern touch and the dash done up from its present very basic nature.The exteriors can also be given some mod touches to suit private ownership.
If priced at around Rs 7 -7.5 lakh I am sure it would give many lower C segment cars a run for their money.Nothing can beat the tough build and the no nonsense kind of SUV the Bolero is.
The Mahindra Thar soft top has a totally different clientèle who may love off roading or moving in town on a MUV with macho looks.
Till nearly a year back the Bolero had entered into the list of top ten best selling cars in India. But that was mainly due to its sales as a taxi and as a pick-up truck.
M&M should relaunch the Bolero for private ownership.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Bolero already comes with a CRDe Diesel option. Threads merged. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th January 2011 at 11:22. Reason: See note in the post.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:20   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Wanted a Bolero with a Sportier Diesel for Private Use!

Your dreams came true a year back:
Mahindra Bolero
Old 13th January 2011, 20:42   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Your dreams came true a year back:
Mahindra Bolero
True, 4x4 addict,the Bolero VLX CRDe was launched sometime during early 2009. The same 2498 cc XD3P engine has been tweaked up with the Bosch CRDe fuel injection.I tests drove this one before zeroing in on the Scorpio. Its a bit peppier than my old 2001 non CRDe version, but has nothing very special to offer for its 7.6 L price tag (in 2009).The interiors are still bland.The dealer then did not talk of any discount saying "its newly launched."
I don't think this VLX version is selling very well or has any appeal.
Now in 2011, I would expect a very modern engine (M Hawk or M Eagle kind of) thats different and appeals to me an other buyers for private use.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:46   #131

The VLX CRDe is very similar to the M-Eagle engine. Believe me, it shocks you with the amount of power it develops. As you know, I have one. Just wish it had independent suspension in the back as it does get frisky during high speed cornering.
Old 14th January 2011, 00:30   #132
BHPian

I have test Driven the VLX Crde and yes it is a powerful vehicle. I was really interested but had to bow down to family sentiments as the ladies wanted a sedan which offers better ride quality specially at the back.
Old 14th January 2011, 01:06   #133
Team-BHP Support

Does the Bolero VLX have 4x4 option?
Old 14th January 2011, 02:32   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
I have test Driven the VLX Crde and yes it is a powerful vehicle. I was really interested but had to bow down to family sentiments as the ladies wanted a sedan which offers better ride quality specially at the back.
For family use, the Bolero might not be the best solution as the ride in the back is choppy and there is honestly no space to sit if you are tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Does the Bolero VLX have 4x4 option?
Not yet
Old 14th January 2011, 08:41   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
The same thing happened to me too. About 4 years back, I had almost finalized on a SLX when the ladies made me get the Diesel Logan. Not that I am unhappy with the Logan; it's a VFM car as far as I am concerned, and very reliable too. But, the Bolero, I guess would have been more to my tastes.
Now, it's time for me to buy another vehicle, and since I am not a sucker for Electronics or Gargets, I'd like to go for a Thar or a Bolero myself. But, it is a pity that Thar doesn't (yet) come with an AC and Hard Top, and the Bolero has NO 4x4 Model that you can buy. Although the website does show a SLX 4WD, you cannot register it anywhere since it is BS2.

Most Viewed