Team-BHP - Now Santro Eco (LPG version) from Hyundai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Now Santro Eco (LPG version) from Hyundai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/46660-now-santro-eco-lpg-version-hyundai.html)

Source: Economic Times

Quote:

Hyundai Motor India Ltd, as part of its initiative to promote eco-friendly and non-polluting means of transport, on Tuesday launched th
e much-awaited LPG version of its flagship brand Santro. The LPG variant will be priced Rs 21,500 more than the existing petrol model.

The new LPG version of Santro, christened Santro eco, comes with a factory-fitted LPG kit and boasts of features that meet global standards of performance and safety, informed a company press release here.

The ex-showroom Delhi price for Santro eco (GL) is Rs 354,294 and Santro eco (GLS) is Rs 373,357.

Powered by the 1.1 litre, eRLX engine, Santro eco offers its customers a unique combination of reliable performance and unmatched fuel economy. With separate petrol (35 litre) and LPG (27.2 litre) tanks, the customers have an option to choose from both LPG and petrol mode. The LPG tank in the Santro eco has a special ‘Toroidal’ design that allows intelligent use of space and makes larger luggage room available to the customer, the release said.

Announcing the launch, HMIL managing director H S Lheem, said, “We have taken a conscious decision at Hyundai to make environment-friendly car and we are furthering our initiative of launching alternate fuel vehicle which take this theme forward. We had earlier introduced the CNG Santro and today we are launching the LPG version of our flagship brand Santro.”

The LPG kit in Santro eco is impact-resistant and the entire fitment is approved by DOE (Department of Explosives) and certified and tested by ARAI (Automotive research Association of India), the country’s premier automobile testing and certifying authority. The factory-fitted LPG system in Santro eco enjoys full two-year manufacturer warranty benefits, thus ensuring enhanced safety and peace of mind for the customers.

Santro eco also boasts of the lowest greenhouse gas emission as it emits lower CO2, as compared to the petrol or the diesel version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpeshc (Post 997323)

Thats good move but i think LPG is not available in delhi. It is limited to few cities.Bangalore is one of them.
It will give competition to Wagon R and Indica in LPG segment

What aka boy!!

Auto LPG is available NATIONWIDE :)

this news was long in the coming!!

"boasts of features that meet global standards of performance and safety"

Are they saying ABS and Airbag here?

Some more details here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-edition.html

Too late for LPG model..this is diesel era Hyundai ...wake up and launch Santro Diesel

Isint there already a CNG Santro for Delhi people?

I am not sure what kits are going in the Santros. I met a person 7 months back who was involved in testing the BRC kits on the car. They converted about 5 cars and tested them for 40K+ kms. Sadly, LPG is not attractive anymore...

Is this the sequential injection kit? Or the venturi type one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 997747)

Delhi people can compare whcih one to use CNG or LPG clap:.
There could be a new thread which one is better petrol/LPG/CNG.
Still not sure LPG is available in delhi but phamilyman says may be Not sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 997785)
Is this the sequential injection kit? Or the venturi type one?

Sequential will be too expensive to offer for 20-25K more than petrol model. Must be a regular open type. The guy who converted my car did a Hyundai Accent sequential conversion for about 40K. Very neat installation, I must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 997747)

Yes, there is. But the queueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueueue outside any CNG bunk is seen to be believed.

Bad time to launch an LPG variant; the retail price doesn't make LPG any more attractive than a diesel! Quite unusual for Hyundai to miss the boat on market trends.

I agree. I think they should offer a 3 cyl-800 cc engine and go after that Alto, but that is not happening. Diesel is another solution that they have in their pockets but not executing.

I have heard of people using domestic cylinders in their cars which is illegal and if the cylinders are ever stolen from the car, the owner cannot file either a police report or an insurance claim.

Diesel seems to be a better choice.