Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:07   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
last time they had given the facelifted Octavia with a name resembling the male anatomy -- so will the new one have a name resembling a female anatomy stupid
The Laura is NOT a facelifted Octavia; it is an entirely new platform. The car being discussed in this thread is a facelift.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:54   #32
BHPian

Will it receive bi-xenon or maybe LED headlights?
Old 15th October 2008, 15:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

any news on the new octavia? is it getting a facelift?
Old 18th October 2008, 13:12   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Diwali Launch ?

Spotted this today in Madivala (near Bosch). The logo on the bonnet was masked. Tail lights are different.

Sorry - no pics. Went past me in the opp direction.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure it was a Laura? There is supposed to be a face lifted Octy in the works as well for India.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:53   #36
BHPian

If those pics are really of the new Laura, i would definitely like to talk to their designers for spoiling the look of my favourite car, really
Old 19th October 2008, 00:08   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mpower : Are you sure it was a Laura? There is supposed to be a face lifted Octy in the works as well for India.
A Skoda it was. It was a fleeting glance as she went past in the opp direction - Couldn't notice which one of the bigger siblings it was. Blue color .. no masking of the lights.
Old 20th October 2008, 09:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Are you sure it was a Laura? There is supposed to be a face lifted Octy in the works as well for India.
THe new octy for india is coming with a smaller engine. thats it, there will be little cosmetic change. They might put the 1.4 tsi in it which is wonderfull

Cheers
AC
Old 27th October 2008, 16:08   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda fans : suggest you check out the showrooms. Another Skoda passed by me today, and there was absolutely no masking on the car. The grille & the logo mirrored that of the Fabia, and the tail lights were of the new type.

Spotted between India Garage and the Patton tank, at the eastern end of Richmond rd (just before that road joins the (old) airport road.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:02   #40
BHPian

So finially what is coming? Facelifted laura or octi?
Old 16th November 2008, 19:22   #41
BHPian

Want someone to answer this if anyone can.

I went to the Skoda showroom today, was checking the Laura out. Everything went good, i asked the dealer about the Facelifts of Superb and Laura. He told me that Superb's would be facelifted in Jan and will only come in the Petrol version, whereas he said that Laura wont have a facelift until 2011.

Now is that true ? As the facelift is one of the things that is stopping me from buying a Laura, so can anyone confirm it, if possible?
Old 17th November 2008, 10:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post

I went to the Skoda showroom today, was checking the Laura out. Everything went good, i asked the dealer about the Facelifts of Superb and Laura. He told me that Superb's would be facelifted in Jan and will only come in the Petrol version, whereas he said that Laura wont have a facelift until 2011.

Now is that true ? As the facelift is one of the things that is stopping me from buying a Laura, so can anyone confirm it, if possible?
He could be wrong!. There are pictures already released for face lifted Laura. But I suspect it would not be launched at least for next 6 months
Old 17th November 2008, 10:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
So finially what is coming? Facelifted laura or octi?
It could be Fabia Sedan! :-)
Old 17th November 2008, 22:59   #44
BHPian

Doesn't look like a Fabia SEDAN (mostly due to the size and proportion of the car). But may be due to the rate at which Skoda launches new versions, it is quite possible that we see the new facelifted Octavia (or Laura) in 2011.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post

I would suggest, if you like Laura, please, dont wait for a facelift or anything like that- straight away go ahead and take her home. A bird in hand is better than the two in the bush. A facelift, may happen , may come with riders, higher cost, cut down features or any combination and more importantly may come soon may come later. It really doesnt make much difference as the so called facelifted version will also be replaced sooner or later by another one and I am sure this is not going to be your last car - so why wait.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks