Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 19:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

The lights are ok. Its that chrome lining for the logo and that plastic mesh that spoils it.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Be prepared for countless mod-jobs with the double kidney grille. Looks good.
Old 1st October 2008, 20:59   #18
BHPian

damn those headlights looks so bmwish!!
i quite like the rear touchup though and interiors seem to be fine...wish they were complete black
its about time that skoda brings laura vRS in india.
Old 1st October 2008, 22:54   #19
BHPian

The only thing i liked is the interiors ,espically the new steering wheel . Excellent design . The headlights really spoil the overall look of the car ... quite cheap looking headlights , looks totally out of place .

I guess, this facelifted model should be in India within 4-5 months of its International launch .
Old 1st October 2008, 23:25   #20
BANNED

what will this car be named as ? a new name, replace the octi or laura. this is confusing now. i hope they dont sell 3 octavias head to head leaving 1 lak difference in all models will be plain stupid might as well shut down octavia no one even buys them anymore
Old 2nd October 2008, 03:20   #21
BHPian

The current head lamps (even the octavia ones) make it look out of the crowd, sad too see the these ones.

Last edited by gendarmee : 2nd October 2008 at 03:21.
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia Facelifted

Skoda Octavia Facelift: debut at Paris

Making it's public world debut in Paris tomorrow, Skoda Auto has revealed its facelifted Octavia model. As Skoda's bestseller, the new Octavia features a more distinguishing look with newly shaped headlamps, grille and a one-piece bumper fascia in the front. For the rear, new tail lamp lens and bumper fascia with integrated reflectors are added.

The interior offers minor decorative trim updates, redesigned center console, steering wheel and new fabrics. New equipment includes adaptive xenon headlamps and WOKS rear-impact optimized head restraints. Also added is the new 1.4 TSI/90 kW (120 hp) engine. Turbocharged 1.4 and 1.8 litre petrol engines can now be combined with a seven-speed twin-clutch automatic DSG transmission.

We can expect it shortly in India a Laura facelifted as the present Laura is facing a tight competition in the segment.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081002.001/skoda-octavia-facelift-graces-the-paris-stage
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-1.jpg  

Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-2.jpg  

Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-3.jpg  

Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-4.jpg  

Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-5.jpg  

Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI-octavia-6.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2008, 11:49   #23
BHPian

the headlamps are so bmwish but still i like the looks...a decent makeover from the current model especially the interior....lets see how much dearer it gets....
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

The Front lights dont excite me much though they are good. ( The ones on the superb are better)

Wonder will this replace the Laura or the octavia here back in India!
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:23   #25
BHPian

The pics looks like from a a Top end version, not sure Skoda will launch the same in india, Which means the interiors may not be the same as in this picture. Current Octavia's interior (sold in europe)
The differences are only Wood trim and a new steering wheel..

Last edited by rajtheindian : 2nd October 2008 at 12:24.
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:38   #26
BHPian

I think the front looked good as it is, more than a face lift they should have done a rear lift.
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
what will this car be named as ? a new name, replace the octi or laura. this is confusing now. i hope they dont sell 3 octavias head to head leaving 1 lak difference in all models will be plain stupid might as well shut down octavia no one even buys them anymore
but Exactly my thoughts -- last time they had given the facelifted Octavia with a name resembling the male anatomy -- so will the new one have a name resembling a female anatomy -- if so hats off to Skoda Marketing team and Ad agency for doing so -- there will be three versions of Octavia selling as 3 different models in India and that would be a first in the world
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:10   #28
Tan1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Holy crap, it's official. The new Skoda Superb look extends to the entire family! I hate it, the headlamps in particular are such a blatant copy of Chris Bangle's style. First Skoda wants to be a VW. Now they want to be a BMW?

I much prefer the understated mature look of the current Laura.
Whats happening to all the good looking cars. That includes the current laura. Whoever thought Chris Bangle would go inspiring the designers to 'bungle'...

The nicer touches on the new Octy II include SD card on ICE, ipod plugin, folding ORVMs hopefully electric..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
but Exactly my thoughts -- last time they had given the facelifted Octavia with a name resembling the male anatomy -- so will the new one have a name resembling a female anatomy -- if so hats off to Skoda Marketing team and Ad agency for doing so -- there will be three versions of Octavia selling as 3 different models in India and that would be a first in the world
The Octy II was not a facelift to Octy I hence co existed with Octy I. Expect the Octy I to survive along New Octy II. So welcome Octy II to the family of parrot smiles!

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd October 2008 at 00:24. Reason: Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks.

Old 3rd October 2008, 12:07   #29
BHPian

Somehow like my RS better. The new skoda looks expensive to maintain. The new Skoda looks a lot more refined than the current one. People over 35 will like it.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Somehow like my RS better.
People over 35 will like it.
wait till the Laura RS comes out, i'm sure many people will change their opinion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks