Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 09:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
He could be wrong!. There are pictures already released for face lifted Laura. But I suspect it would not be launched at least for next 6 months
I think it is official now that Superb will be launched in Feb 09 -

Double Celebrations in the Skoda Family | CarTradeIndia.com likely Petrol and Diesel (1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI) . The Petrol option looks damn exciting for those with stuffed wallets (stuffed with cash not credit cards!)

There is no official word about the facelifted Laura.

Cheers,
Old 18th November 2008, 09:28   #47
BHPian

Knowing skoda, they might just launch a new model. They did it before with Laura and they might just do it again, you never know. Its confusing me, if i should buy the Laura or not, any suggestions by anyone ?
Old 18th November 2008, 10:19   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI would be a bit underpowered for the Superb's hulk of a body.
I believe the current Superb has a 2.6 or 2.8 TDi engine, so why would skoda downgrade to just a 2000cc?
Even the 1.8 petrol engine that powered the Octi RS worked well due to the size of the car, i doubt that engine will develop any exciting figures with the superbs body to lug around.
Old 29th November 2008, 13:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Lots of details on new Octavia on this link at vicky

As per them the new international Octavia will replace Indian Octavia and will be priced around Rs 10 Lakhs. Don't know what to do laugh or cry..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 29th November 2008 at 14:00.
Old 29th November 2008, 14:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Lots of details on new Octavia on this link at vicky

As per them the new international Octavia will replace Indian Octavia and will be priced around Rs 10 Lakhs. Don't know what to do laugh or cry..
The Skoda Octavia in India is based on A4 and Skoda Laura is based on A5. So the Octavia in you link is A5 Laura with facelift.
The new Octavia based on Mark VI Golf is some time away. Recently an image surfaced on one site and that image is reported to be of new Jetta based on Mark VI golf.

So its not " New Octavia ". And I think that the facelift will be given to Octavia ( Octavia in India ) first and then will come to Laura. But I am not sure on this. May be they can bring in facelift on Laura.
Old 29th November 2008, 15:31   #51
BHPian

The Octavia would be be replaced by Laura and the new international model would be there where currently Laura is placed. 10 lacs for new version seems Skoda's gone nuts .....Well here comes the car which is cheaper then its spare parts LOL !!!!
Old 30th November 2008, 12:24   #52
BHPian

Well, with so much speculation right here on this thread, given Skoda Indias track record of introducing worldwide replacement models as "new" models e.g. Octavia-Laura , I think it'll be best to wait for the actual launch for confirmed news.

Unless of course, SidIndica (or someone else) manages to get another official scoop!
Old 1st December 2008, 15:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
The Octavia would be be replaced by Laura and the new international model would be there where currently Laura is placed. 10 lacs for new version seems Skoda's gone nuts .....Well here comes the car which is cheaper then its spare parts LOL !!!!
I am not sure about 10L, as the Fabia being a hatchback itself costing around 9L.
Old 6th December 2008, 20:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

New European Skoda Octavia

Just saw this on the skoda site, thought i'll share it with all.

?koda Auto - The new ?koda Octavia - Look

Quote:
The technology featured in the new Octavia is amongst the most advanced found in modern cars. The new Octavia is available with five petrol and three diesel engines, and a range of manual and automatic gearboxes.

This includes a revolutionary DSG 7° automatic transmission system, specially developed for the 1.4 TSI/90 kW (122 bhp) and 1.8 TSI/118 kW (160 bhp) engines.

The new Octavia’s engine displacements and outputs cover a wide range, meeting the needs of every customer. Petrol engines range from the 1.4 MPI/59 kW (80 bhp) to the top class 2.0 TFSI with an output of 147 kW (200 bhp). The Octavia’s diesel offering includes the choice of two turbo engines with an output of 77 (105 bhp) or 103 kW (140 bhp), or a common rail fuel injected two-litre turbo-diesel with an output of 125 kW (170 bhp)
Attached Images

Last edited by aah78 : 12th December 2008 at 03:11. Reason: Thread merged with existing.
Old 6th December 2008, 22:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Tejas- Europeon octavia is called Laura in India as Skoda is selling two generations of Octavia in India.You have also mentioned it in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1081916
Old 7th December 2008, 00:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@ Tejas- Europeon octavia is called Laura in India as Skoda is selling two generations of Octavia in India.You have also mentioned it in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1081916
This may be the newest new.

And why are all car makers going the koreanish look way. They spoilt the Fabia and now the Octavia/Laura. Its a shame.

Even the Maruti has made the new Astar very koreanish. Very sad!
Old 7th December 2008, 01:55   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
This may be the newest new.
Yes,this is the facelifted version the New Octavia(Laura in India).
Old 7th December 2008, 02:08   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@ anshuman

You are mistaken. This is not the laura! The second gen octavia is called laura in india. This is the third gen octavia. Get your facts right.
See the site for more details which mentions octavia (laura in india) and new octavia. And i know what i have mentioned in the other thread. That was for his info if he wants to wait for this car to be sold in india.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 7th December 2008 at 02:10.
Old 7th December 2008, 09:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

This will be the new laura in India ( Unless they don't change the name again.)

Love the detailing. The iPod placement looks amazing , the name on the head lights looks fantastic too .

Hope skoda does something about the spare parts and servicing before they launch this.

All the best Skoda
Old 7th December 2008, 09:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

This is A5 Laura based on Golf V platform. This is not an all new car based on the recently launched Mark VI golf platform.
This is just a face lift of Laura i.e. Skoda Octavia of international market.
We have a thread on this in " Indian Car Scene ".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks