Team-BHP - Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Laura (Octavia internationally) gets a major front facelift and a new 1.4 TSI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/46708-skoda-laura-octavia-internationally-gets-major-front-facelift-new-1-4-tsi.html)

source:Skoda Octavia Facelift: Official Photos, New 1.4 TSI - Carscoop

The first official images of the facelifted Octavia made an unexpected appearance on the web today ahead of the mid-size model’s world premier at the Paris Motor Show later this week.

For the 2009 model the Czech carmaker redesigned the Octavia’s front end bringing it in line with the new Fabia and Superb models while changes at the rear are narrowed to the restyled tail lamps and the tweaked bumper. The revised Octavia liftback and station-wagon models also feature door mirrors with integrated turn indicators and new alloy wheel designs.

Inside, the 2009 Octavia benefits from a new generation of three and four-spoke steering wheels, air-conditioning, radio and navigation system controls as well as new materials and colours for the seats and the lining of the door panels.

Despite the fact that we’re still waiting for the official press release, Carscoop sources report that the new Octavia will be available with five petrol and three diesel engines, including for the first time, VW Group’s turbocharged 1.4-liter TSI gasoline engine with 122 HP.

Aha,I am awaiting for my car Skoda Laura L&K Cappichino Biege to be delivered on or before 10 Oct if every things go smoothly.
When will it hit india ?
Whether in early 2009 ?
any idea?

these front lights remind me of the previous generation S class.

not bad though. but lets see when it hits India and at what price differnece?

I think I prefer how the current front end looks... let's wait and see how it looks in the flesh though

I am not sure how well this 'bringing the Octavia/Laura front end in line with the new Superb' is going to work in India. Remember, the last time, one of the reasons for the Superb not doing too well in India was because the front end was too similar to the much cheaper Octavia. To compound to that, this current Octavia face lift has a lot of interior bits from the new Superb too. The steering and a lot of the dash looks like the new Superb.

No doubt the face lift makes the Octavia look more plush and luxurious but I am not sure how this will affect the upcoming Superb here. I am sure Skoda don't want history to repeat itself.

Everything seems perfect, but those headlights ruin the damn show ! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 998530)
these front lights remind me of the previous generation S class.

Yup. Somewhere between the last generation S-class and the present 3-series.

I quite like the shape, even the headlights. But isn't this going to be the new Laura for us? Does anyone know when the facelifted Octavia going to be launched?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid_04 (Post 998814)
I quite like the shape, even the headlights. But isn't this going to be the new Laura for us? Does anyone know when the facelifted Octavia going to be launched?

It doesnt have a Skoda feel from the front IMO . I prefer present Laura looks from front any day. Yeah this should mostly be the new Laura for our market.
As per info i have Fabia Sedan will be christened the Octavia and will cater the 9+ lacs segment. But not too sure on the launch period.

More of a nosejob than a facelift!!

Why cant skoda think of better ideas with the exterior ? all their cars look the same to me.

Their cars are good but not their strategies. Knowing Skoda so far.. my guess would be that they will put new Superb in Passat territory around 28L, keep the old Laura and Octavia as it is for another 10 years and introduce this newer one as their latest model in upper segment then Laura between price 19 to 25 and name it something like Marry or Sabina.

Yucky head lights. Garish wood inserts. Stoopid beige interiors. Give me black/grey interiors anyday..
But, the 2.0 FSI vRS would make things just right.

Darn!! those head lamps. What were they thinking?? I prefer current Laura anyday

Holy crap, it's official. The new Skoda Superb look extends to the entire family! I hate it, the headlamps in particular are such a blatant copy of Chris Bangle's style. First Skoda wants to be a VW. Now they want to be a BMW?

I much prefer the understated mature look of the current Laura.

The octavia facelift means a the new laura. Looks good. Looks grown up. The interiors are to die for.

Love this. I think the 'poor jetta' is going to have a real tough time now.

And if am not wrong this is the TSI engine, which is also being used by Audi.

Does it mean a petrol Laura too ? does it mean a RS version too:D.

Only if now Skoda manages its 'after sales debacle' all will be perfect.

Cheers,
AC