Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:15   #31
BHPian

The reviews of the 1.1 Crdi Kia Picanto are pretty good. Seems like this engine will be a hit in the i10.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:12   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You guys missed a crucial point : it's a 3 cylinder engine! I think we can expect the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine to beat it on refinement. However, I agree with the rest of you that this is the engine that can propel the i10's (& Santros?) sales overnight. To unheard of levels.

The small common-rail is a success story waiting to happen.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:43   #33
BHPian

Good job Hundai, But how long we have to wait to drive it?
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You guys missed a crucial point : it's a 3 cylinder engine! I think we can expect the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine to beat it on refinement. However, I agree with the rest of you that this is the engine that can propel the i10's (& Santros?) sales overnight. To unheard of levels.

The small common-rail is a success story waiting to happen.
This link below has a short write-up on the diesel. It says - "Petrol power comes from the same engine range as the old car. There’s a choice of 58bhp 1.0-litre or 64bhp 1.1-litre motors – although we would go for the torquey new 1.1-litre CRDi diesel. This three-cylinder is surprisingly refined, and provides the model with strong mid-range acceleration."

Kia Picanto | First Drives | Car Reviews | Auto Express
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:06   #35
BHPian

Maruti is eating on laziness of other auto mfg. companies. Practically Swift does not have any competition as a whole package (including After-S-S). hyundai is the only company who can crack a whip on Maruti in A/A+ segment
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

I an in love with the Hyundai CRDis just cant wait to see the youngest one in the stable.

I am only worried about the pricing as HMIL usually has a tendency goof up in this department ....
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

This must be their new engine. They used to have a 1.1 liter 4 cylinder a few years ago in Europe.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:01   #38
BHPian

another $400 mn stuff ?

They spent 400 million $ on developing the Kappa engine. How much they spent here ? This looks much better than Kappa atleast on paper.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
They spent 400 million $ on developing the Kappa engine. How much they spent here ? This looks much better than Kappa atleast on paper.
Probably nothing - except for how much it takes to knock off a cylinder from their 1.5 CRDi mill
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You guys missed a crucial point : it's a 3 cylinder engine! I think we can expect the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine to beat it on refinement.
As an owner of an Accent with a 1.5 ltr three cylinder engine, I agree with you.

Three cylinders mean more vibrations.

Unfortunately, in case of the accent's engine, it also means faster wear and tear, which a lot of T Bhpians are facing.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
As an owner of an Accent with a 1.5 ltr three cylinder engine, I agree with you.

Three cylinders mean more vibrations.

Unfortunately, in case of the accent's engine, it also means faster wear and tear, which a lot of T Bhpians are facing.
What are the symptoms of this wear and tear?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:12   #42
MAS
Senior - BHPian

i10 - with 1.1 CRDi

Guys, was reading through pending mails and found this piece of information on Feedblitz. Could be very interesting for both Hyundai and us.

Source : Feedblitz

Hyundai India is planning to launch the diesel variant of its hotselling i10 in the Indian market. According to the media reports, the diesel variant of the i10 could hit the market with in the next 8-12 months.

Hyundai already sells the i10 diesel in the European market where it comes with a 1.1 Litre Common Rail Turbodiesel engine with 75 Ps of power and 153 nm of maximum torque. The new diesel engine in i10 will enable Hyundai to better compete with the likes of Maruti Suzuki’s Swift and Tata’s Indica Vista.

According to sources Hyundai is also looking for land to set up diesel engine manufacturing plant in India on the lines of Ford which will manufacture its diesel engines in India shortly. The 1.4 Litre diesel under the hood of i20 is currently imported resulting in a higher price tag for the car.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys, was reading through pending mails and found this piece of information on Feedblitz. Could be very interesting for both Hyundai and us.

Source : Feedblitz

Hyundai India is planning to launch the diesel variant of its hotselling i10 in the Indian market. According to the media reports, the diesel variant of the i10 could hit the market with in the next 8-12 months.

Hyundai already sells the i10 diesel in the European market where it comes with a 1.1 Litre Common Rail Turbodiesel engine with 75 Ps of power and 153 nm of maximum torque. The new diesel engine in i10 will enable Hyundai to better compete with the likes of Maruti Suzuki’s Swift and Tata’s Indica Vista.

According to sources Hyundai is also looking for land to set up diesel engine manufacturing plant in India on the lines of Ford which will manufacture its diesel engines in India shortly. The 1.4 Litre diesel under the hood of i20 is currently imported resulting in a higher price tag for the car.
thats a good piece of information, but what hyundai really needs is to setup manufacturing plant in india itself to make it affordable, if i10 costs around 4.5L for petrol then its crdi surely would bearound 1L more to that around range of swifts to compete.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Expect hyundai to price it at a mouth watering price.
+1. I'm guessing they'll stop the 1.1 petrol engine and reduce the kappa's price a notch. They will then place the new diesel engine at the current kappa prices making it a really mouthwatering deal.

bring it, hyundai, bring it!
Old 19th September 2011, 14:37   #45
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's All new 1.1 CRDi Unit

Guys,

Called chennai DSC Hyundai and they confirmed me that they going to launch the Hyundai i10 1.1 CRDI diesel engine on 15th Oct 2011.

Also checked their official site and they already released the diesel specification.

Hyundai i10

Do anyone aware of this release date earlier. Please do comment.

Thanks,
Rajesh
camon is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks