Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 13:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what spec engine is the Micra going to come?

I liked the old Micra, but don't have that same feeling towards the new model.

Cheers
Old 17th February 2010, 16:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I spotted it 3 times and they were going in the opposite direction quite fast.
They were going in the same direction as I was going, but squeezing in through all impossible gaps for my car . So I gave up soon. How much ever they mask, the Nissan logo was distinctively recognizable when light falls on the black covering.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:12   #18
BHPian

check out this pic to gt a clear view.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Spotted-2010_nissan_micra.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 18:47   #19
BHPian

Hey guys small query here. Is it confirmed that the car will be called Micra? Because wikipedia states that the car is called Micra outside Asia. In Asia its called Nissan March. What do you think the car will be called in India?
Old 17th February 2010, 20:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey guys small query here. Is it confirmed that the car will be called Micra? Because wikipedia states that the car is called Micra outside Asia. In Asia its called Nissan March. What do you think the car will be called in India?
as per Autocar India it will be named as Nissan Micra here too.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

I doubt the Micra will have a good sales run in India and my main reason is that it has very low ground clearance. Anyone else thought about this?.Otherwise, it is a sound economy hatch with a proven provenance.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the car at Gole Market today with March insignia and MH Registration.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Spotted-220220102513.jpg  

Nissan Micra Spotted-220220102514.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 22:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

That is the old Micra. Looks like it belongs to someone and not a Nissan testing mule.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info TRB, anyhow the colour looks yuck. When I saw it from a longer distance I thought it to be Fiat 500 and such a colour wasn't very shocking as all 500's I've seen till date had a uncommon shades.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:12   #25
BHPian

Again,Yesterday i spotted 4 Mirca and two with black and white stickers and another two with black clothes.They were standing in an dark place of the road.
I am sorry that I was not able to take pic this time also ,because I was in opposite direction in an bus.
I have my car today and I will try to take pics today.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:51   #26
BHPian

Hey guys any idea whether the Micra is going to be built in India or offered as a CBU/CKD? Also where exactly is the Nissan factory in India?
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey guys any idea whether the Micra is going to be built in India or offered as a CBU/CKD? Also where exactly is the Nissan factory in India?
It is going to be manufactured locally in Nissans Chennai plant. I think May-June is expected launch for this car.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:54   #28
BHPian

I think I saw one in banshankri , Bangalore today . It was red . Couldnt see it properly because of heavy traffic .
Old 3rd March 2010, 03:35   #29
BHPian

Nissan Mirca in Geneva Auto show

I am posting here since the car is going to be launched in India soon.

Quote:
The Nissan Micra/March line of microcars has never been sold in the U.S., but it has been a cornerstone of Nissan's global product strategy since the early 1980s. Now, Nissan is launching the fourth generation of its microcar at this year’s Geneva auto show.
The new Micra, which is known as the March in Japan, will be an even more important product than the previous model, and this explains why the styling looks more conservative than the chic if somewhat effeminate third-gen model. Slightly longer and lower than before, with a mildly stretched wheelbase, the new Micra’s wheels appear to be pushed out to its corners. This feature allows for a slightly roomier interior, which Nissan describes as a “connected cocoon” design, with a “twin-bubble” theme that incorporates a circular instrument binnacle and similarly round-ish glovebox compartment.
While the Micra was developed primarily with Europe and Japan in mind, the new model will mostly target developing countries and the fast-growing Chinese market. In fact, it is launching in Thailand this month. Europe gets the car in the fall of 2010.
The new model rides on the company’s completely new V platform, which has been developed for a family of cars that is expected to deliver at least one million sales annually. The 2011 Micra, the first model on the architecture, will be powered by a naturally aspirated 1.2-liter three-cylinder gas engine as standard in Europe. Output is rated at 79 hp and 80 lb-ft of torque, with carbon-dioxide emissions claimed to be 115 grams per kilometer. Both a five-speed manual gearbox and Nissan’s latest continuously variable transmission will be offered.
While an eventual turbo-diesel version is likely, especially for Europe, the only optional powertrain currently cited is a supercharged and direct-injected variant of the 1.2-liter. Rated at 97 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque, with a start/stop system that can be deactivated by a dash-mounted button, the boosted engine is said to be cleaner and more efficient than the base mill with only 95 grams of CO2 emitted per kilometer.
Lending to the upscale feel that is becoming ever-more common in the small-car segment, the Micra is well equipped with safety technologies and modern electronics. In addition to a reinforced body shell, European-market cars will feature six airbags, ABS, stability control, and seatbelt pretensioners as standard equipment. Backup sensors and a system for measuring the size of parking spaces—with Amateur, Normal, and Expert settings—are optional, as are keyless access and ignition, a touch-screen infotainment/navigation system, rain-sensing wipers, and a panoramic roof.
The Micra/March was never the most exciting of minicars, but there was the occasional interesting variation, including a quirky coupe-convertible. With the new model, the focus clearly is on practicality instead of fun. Do we want it here? That depends on how expensive gas gets again in the near future.
some pics
Nissan Micra Spotted-2011_nissan_micra_12_3_cd_gallery.jpg
Nissan Micra Spotted-2011_nissan_micra_15_3_cd_gallery.jpg

Source:2011 Nissan Micra / March - Car News - Car and Driver
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

surely the interior wont as good as this. We have seen this happening with Punto and Polo. International version interiors are way above Indian versions!

Extensive cost cutting for Indian market means some cheap plastic/ no auto / de-tuned engine for better FE etc. But surely if they price Micra in priced par with Beat, Nissan can make some impact on hatch market

Note from Mod : The new Micra has been unveiled. Please continue the discussion over on this link.

Thread closed.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2010 at 09:30. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks