Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 13:39   #16
BHPian

It's final I guess as Tata Motors Chairman Ratan Tata and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will jointly address a media conference at 5:30 p.m., the spokesman said in a text message that did not give further details.

For details, read - Tata Motors to hold news conference in Gujarat | Business News | Reuters.

Hope this ends all the woes for Tata's and NANO production would be put in overdrive.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:45   #17
BANNED

And the land is currently used as some animal breeding farm (Really? 1000 acres for animal breeding??); so no question of displacing agriculture.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good news. At last we have the confirmed news that Nano is from GJ. Off late GJ has become an investor friendly state. Thanks to their CM....

They also need couple of other plants to manufacture Nano and are also considering other states. Maybe KA will also get one of them. We need to wait and watch.
Old 7th October 2008, 14:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the 1000 acres of land already available (with the Govt institute) and GJ gov's readiness to transfer the land immediately, TATA have gone to Guj.

No problem of buying land, riots, etc!

Good for Nano!
Old 7th October 2008, 14:57   #20
BHPian

i think the tax system is also very flexible in gujrat making it a favourable state to invest.
i think TATA`s should take steps imm.so that atleast they can have atleast 1 batch of tata nano in 2008
Old 7th October 2008, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Unfortunately, every state has someone like MB...
Yes Snaronikar! its so true. The login ID for someone like that is 'UglyFaceOfPolitics' or even 'CallMeTheOpposition' Hope this time around Tata's wont have issues. "Nano seems to have some Mega troubles" anyways!
Old 7th October 2008, 15:24   #22
BHPian

finally it seems nano has found the right place. That also shows how efficient politicians can be I wonder what will happen to pant nagar plant? will they still roll out some nanos from there?
Old 7th October 2008, 16:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

I'm very disappointed that Tata did not consider talking to the Marxists in Kerala to set up plant there, thereby denying the Indian population of some more masala and this site one more thread.

C'mon Tata - you still have time to reconsider ! We have no farmland in Kerala - all of it has been converted into townships and nobody cares enough about the middle class to fight for them.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
And the land is currently used as some animal breeding farm (Really? 1000 acres for animal breeding??);
Anand Agricultural University - since the Anand Dairy is probably the single largest producer of milk in the world, I guess they would need 1000 acres for animal breeding.

And cows cant protest! (Wait - PETA may strike!)

This makes an interesting post-script:

For Tatas, I could give my land free, says farmer-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th October 2008 at 17:22.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:22   #25
BHPian

Actually I think they tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I'm very disappointed that Tata did not consider talking to the Marxists in Kerala to set up plant there, thereby denying the Indian population of some more masala and this site one more thread.

C'mon Tata - you still have time to reconsider ! We have no farmland in Kerala - all of it has been converted into townships and nobody cares enough about the middle class to fight for them.
I was waiting to see which mallu would put this post down.I'm sorry Invitation would be more appropriate.. Actually Steer they tried, but were stopped at the check post by some blue clad lungi men with Red flags and with Police protection they managed to spot some hills near munnar where the Govt said they could build a low cost setup jus in case they needed to shift to the valley (which incidentally is a reserve forest) no sweat on that either. As they were working it out is when CM from GJ called and said "DUDE, MB has a unit in kerala too (thirumula con-grass)" the chopper engine revved and the 3 member team flew to GJ

Mods: hope i haven't crossed the politics line here
Old 7th October 2008, 17:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Talk about an attitude difference!
Old 7th October 2008, 17:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hope this does not result in another gujrat riots ( After the protests in singur)
Old 7th October 2008, 23:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Hope this does not result in another gujrat riots ( After the protests in singur)
Mr. Ratan Tata has mentioned that corporate rivals also fuelled the Singur problem. So going to Gujarat may not really mean peace of mind for the Tatas.
Old 8th October 2008, 00:14   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaprasad View Post
I believe Tata is considering Karnataka also.
Better not, Karnataka is the most corrupt state after UP, Bihar, etc. If I wasn't a native, I would have moved the company out long back.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend working in Calcutta was very disappointed with the Nano going away.... it took away 4-5 holidays every month due to it

Most Viewed