Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance; I'm under the impression that, if I book a Nano & later decide not to buy, I'm reimbursed the booking amount along with 8%. Is this right?

Now, are you saying that, if this booking is being transferred to someone or someone who hasn't booked wishes to buy a Nano, needn't pay any additional (8% or whatever percent) amount. Is this what you're trying to convey?
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:55   #107
BHPian

Any news about diesel?
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
It is available freely indeed.
we are looking forward to a Sunshine yellow Nano LX.
though Lunar Silver LX is readily available.
we have to wait for the yellow.
Infact lots of people are selling their nano's on allotment letters.
Good to know Nano is freely available. Akshay, can you give us some details about the wait time etc.

I think Nano numbers will get a big boost once the diesel version is launched. It has to be seen how Alto will be impacted.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:43   #109
BHPian

earlier if you wanted to buy a nano you would need to be either alottee or to get it transfered from the original allotee and you will become 2nd owner

but now if you do not have a booking you can directly buy a nano and be the first owner not like paying a premium and then getting it transferred to your name.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:09   #110
BHPian

The TATA nano production capacity may be 2.5 lacs and later up to 5 lacs, but to start with, they are producing 150 cars per day at their Ahmedabad plant. This translates to less then 5000 cars per month. The car may not be available that easily if the figures from local newspapers are to be believed. I guess they will have to keep rolling Nanos from panthnagar and pune to meet demand.

Source:: Nano Plant opening by Narendra Modi

For those who can read Gujarati, see last statement (others, it roughly translates to - current capacity 150 a day, 1 lac per anum within a year and 3.5 lacs from second year onwards)

Last edited by SunilM : 3rd June 2010 at 00:13.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:58   #111
BHPian

FINALLY!

I really want a Nano for our company (in yellow). Such a cute little thing with a great brand (I so would show her off at any 5star Hotel!)...

Lets hope there will be a better chance in the near future to get my hands on one.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:23   #112
BHPian

Good move. I heard that BS-4 Nanos will be made at Sanand and launched in a short while. So can the Nano hit 20,000/month units right away?
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:51   #113
Senior - BHPian

I'm scared & happy to hear this news. Happy that things are getting better in terms of economic conditions to uplift people's life style; scared due to increase in car population & especially with morons driving like crazy. Anyway, thanks for providing the clarification.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:39   #114
Senior - BHPian

This is related to the commencement of production from the Sanand - and is being discussed here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gujarat-7.html
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:20   #115
BHPian

Nano Superdrive

Recieved this email from TATA Motors :

Dear Tata Nano Fans,

The epic Tata Nano Superdrive will flag off from the Tata Motors plant at Sanand on the 2nd of June. Nine Tata Nanos will circumambulate India on three different routes on an enchanting 26 day long voyage and will visit 36 cities, covering an incredible distance of more than 15,000 Kilometers!

Each route has been named after a colour namely The Saffron Route, The White Route and the Green Route keeping with the theme of the trans-national adventure.

Along each route the Nanos will transverse through diverse terrains in extreme conditions be it mountains or plains, in dry or rain, in the most harsh terrains that can be the most grueling test for robustness, durability and reliability for any car. The peoples car of India will touch upon people and places by visiting prominent landmarks, historic places, Malls, etc at each city it visits. Everyone will get a chance to get a first hand experience of the Nano its exciting features and its exceptional capabilities.

The Nanos will be driven by winning customers and media personnel on pre-defined routes to experience the Nano in real-world driving conditions. On each route, accompanying the cars will be bloggers and photographers.

The Tata Nano has been a triumph of Indian ingenuity and the Superdrive commemorates a successful first year of sales of the Tata Nano which has already made its place in history books.
Attached Thumbnails
NANO to roll out from Gujarat. EDIT : Rolling now. Expect quick deliveries-nano_newsletter.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 11:31   #116
Senior - BHPian

I cant see the Nano replacing a conventional hatch like an i10 or a Spark or a Wagon-R for most practical purposes. If it does reach that magical 20k figure I would really be surprised.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
In November 2008 itself, simultaneously with the construction of the plant, Tata Motors also began its community development activities in the area. These initiatives, encompassing 20 villages in a 20-km radius, are on health, education, employability and environment enhancement. The initiatives have already led to provision of drinking water for about 10,000 residents, sanitation for about 600 households, competency upgradation of about 140 primary school teachers, employability enhancement for about 500 men and women. The company is committed to developing the area, converting it into a beehive of inclusive growth.

The plant has already directly employed 2,400 individuals. The recruitment exercise covered about 156 ITIs in Gujarat. As the capacity is increased, the project, along with the vendor park, is expected to generate about 10,000 direct and indirect jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Couldnt help but wonder this could have been singur!
What a loss to West Bengal! And this is just the tip of the iceberg! The benefit that this plant is going to bring to the region is immense! Makes me wonder why in our country short term politics supercedes long term benefit of the region?
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:44   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Any news about diesel?
Tata Motors will begin work on Nano’s diesel variant.

Sources close to the development said the diesel engine will be close to 750cc and production is likely to begin by the third or fourth quarter of the next financial year.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

This is primarily because of the new plant at Sanand. So, you can get it OTC now

It had a windy inauguration as well, saw the pics in the paper today
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:18   #120
BHPian

I read this as "Nano to be available free".
Have they sorted out the defects which caused the cars to catch fire.

Most Viewed