Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 07:23   #136
Senior - BHPian

those of us who own trouble free indicas and enjoy the benefit of having a competent TASC find it the best deal you can find in india. Most people who hate tata cars are
1. too fussy - want snob value/high quality interiors etc
2. probably got a lemon tata vehicle
3. have a good tata product , but the TASC sucks.

others - like bouncer and ctrlAltDel here continue to be repeat tata customers because no other car in the market have the same combination of tata virtues. If the TASC in my city was not such a pain ,i too would certainly buy a tata car again, and again
Old 7th July 2009, 08:32   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
those of us who own trouble free indicas and enjoy the benefit of having a competent TASC find it the best deal you can find in india. Most people who hate tata cars are

others - like bouncer and ctrlAltDel here continue to be repeat tata customers because no other car in the market have the same combination of tata virtues. If the TASC in my city was not such a pain ,i too would certainly buy a tata car again, and again
+1 Greenhorn, very aptly said. My immediate family has a number of Tata haters and have accordingly parked their money in other brands.
But this has been my progression from year 200O --> Tata Indica, Tata Indigo, Tata Safari TCIC and now Tata Safari 2.2

And this inspite of your point 3 holding good sometimes.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:

I fully agree with greenhorn. Tata's vehicle are mostly VFM. Having a good TASC nearby is a boon. It all depends on the TASC.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:37   #139
BHPian

My neighbour was one among the first Tata Indica customers. Got a lemon. But appreciated the company's open attitude in owing up their mistakes. Decided to stick with it. Bought an Indigo and is happy ever since.

I find it funny when people compared an old Indica (even the Vista) with the smoothness of a Swift completely neglecting the price difference.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:13   #140
BHPian

Just to add on to some of the posts, I too own a 4 year old indica and am quite satisfied with it. Always get it serviced from Concorde and never really had any issues with them or the car for that matter (touchwood!). Today, if I were to put my money on a hatch, it would certainly be the Vista. What I'm waiting for is Tata to come up with a renewed model some time soon, which should take care of the issues found post-launch.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:35   #141
BHPian

Another satisfied customer.

Tata Cars,despite all their shortcomings deliver most bang for bucks. It is Tata Motor's USP, one thing we need to remember is that they launched Indica only a decade back and since then they have been working hard on costumer satisfaction. Toyota in its early days shared all the shortcomings of yesteryears Tata.

Why would one buy "Tata Indica" ?

Because this car is very proudly Indian and does not shy away to take on India's unforgiving terrain, traffic and the driver while delivering most legroom for ones money.

It could have very successfully been crammed tin can selling for premium, but that niche is already filled. (For those whose sarcasm meter is not working today, this was meant to be a sarcastic joke .)
Old 7th July 2009, 19:42   #142
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
choosing because it is ' TATA Indica'. You sounds immensly satisfied cutomer. Ain't you? please elaborate.
Frankly, it is easier to explain why you don't like a car than explaining why you like one.

1996 to 1999 Sumo, 1999 to 2005 Safari, 2001 to 2005 Indica, 2005 to present Marina is my stint with Tata. have not regretted a moment of any of these vehicles. My Sumo is with my friend and is having some engine work now close to 150000kms.

As Greenhorn said, having a reasonable TASC to look after your cars does enhance the experience.

The Safari I owned was an August 1998 model bought new by me and registered in Nov 1999. It absolutely did not trouble me.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:38   #143
Senior - BHPian

One more happy Tata guy

Sierra (127000 kms)> Sumo (165000 kms)> Indica Turbo DLG (118000kms and counting).

Never a moment where I have had cause to complain. Looking at the Vista for the moment, but waiting for the sedan. Also my signature specifies the other need.

A Sierra with a 4x4 and the Dicor engine - Settled for life (wishful thinking, though)
Old 14th July 2009, 07:47   #144
BHPian

IMHO Vista QJD outsells TDI. Can I expect some confirmation from informed Bhpian?
thanks in advance
cheers
Old 31st August 2009, 12:53   #145

Does anybody have any idea when is TATA going to launch VISTA QUADRAJET with ABS & AIRBAGS?

Cheers,

Anup
Old 31st August 2009, 14:49   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If the TASC in my city was not such a pain ,i too would certainly buy a tata car again, and again
absolutely greenhorn, i two own indica dls for more then 4 years now and would say its worth the price paid, what missed was BETTER TASC which always lacks, hope they improve coming days and indigo vista is surely on cards to replace indica.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:27   #147
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupminda View Post
Does anybody have any idea when is TATA going to launch VISTA QUADRAJET with ABS & AIRBAGS?

Cheers,

Anup
The car is ready as such, but Tata thinks the market segment willing to pay for ABS + Airbags is too small. That's why they haven't hurried with the launch.

Good news is : The rumour mills insist launch is within the next quarter or two.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:34   #148
BHPian

If it's ready Tata should launch it ASAP. Why to lose potential customers to Suzuki, Fiat and Hyundai when you a really VFM Package. Moreover quarter or two is really a long time. I am planning to buy one and I wished they already had the ABS Version, even optional strategy would have been great.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Did TATA err by continuing with the INDICA & INDIGO tags for the VISTA & MANZA rptly.

BHPians
We have come across ‘n’ number of threads where BHPians feel that TATA should have left out the indica tag for the vista and the indigo tag for the manza. The most common argument is that the indica name is immediately connected to the taxi market and everyone seems to remember the problems the initial indica had. These seem to be the reasons why a lot of private buyers are shying away from it (atleast on t-bhp).
I’m sure TATA themselves would have had a number of discussions on this very topic.

I feel that for a lot of people the indica name actually means a lot, especially outside the cities. In these areas the cars are continuously running, where owners don’t believe in regular maintenance and the indica has built a name for itself as being a rugged car that can take quite a lot of abuse. Case in point will be a thread running on this very forum http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...heir-cars.html

Looking at it from TATA’s point of view, I would say the indica holds lot of emotional value to them as it was the first proper car they built. If the vista had been named just TATA Vista, the Indica name would have died a slow death, which I’m sure TATA is not ready for. The same applies to the indigo. BHPians please share your views on this

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 5th March 2010 at 15:51.
Old 5th March 2010, 16:16   #150
BHPian

For me, they did a mistake. There are both positive and negative sentiments attached with the name 'indica', what if prospective buyers ditched the car because "oh, another Indica variant!" I think they ahd correct catch-phrase in the ad "changes everything", why not the name then. Same goes for Manza. If Tata has same fascination with starting car name with "i" (like Ford seems to have with "F"), then fins out another name. There is whole (marketing) dept for that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks