Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 10:02   #166
BHPian

Vista drivetech4: Any thing new ?

Today's TOI carries a full page advt. of the Indica Vista drivetech4.
It claims that there is something new in the Vista.I did check out the website www.surpriseyourself.in , but didn't find any thing new in the vista, except perhaps for the 'all new' dual tone interiors ( Iam not sure whether this is new or not)
The advt. urges the readers to TD the vehicle and find out whats new.
Are there any changes / modifications carried out in the Vista?

Last edited by auto-one : 13th April 2010 at 10:08.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New 2009 Fiat eco Drive Technology - (Global)
Fiat has just launched a new device that could change the way motorists drive their cars forever. The Managing Director of Fiat Automobiles, Lorenzo Sistino, presented ecodrive to the international press last week at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. This innovative system gives drivers an accurate insight into how their driving style influences their fuel consumption, and actively helps them to drive more efficiently, saving money and reducing their CO2 emissions.
ecodrive is a free software application that can be downloaded and installed on your computer. It is available now at http://www.fiat.com/ecodrive (where you will also find a video with more information about ecodrive).
ecodrive works using Fiat’s acclaimed Blue&Me entertainment and communications system. Plugging any USB key into the Blue&Me port allows ecodrive to record detailed information about the vehicle’s efficiency and your driving style during a journey. The information can be ‘read’ by plugging the USB key into your computer when you’ve finished driving.
Users can analyse fuel consumption and emissions for each journey made, and receive advice on how to drive more efficiently, reducing their impact on the environment. ecodrive will give you a score out of 100 - your eco:Index - to show how efficiently you have driven, based on your acceleration, deceleration, gear changes and speed. A series of tutorials will help you to improve your score, showing you how to perfect your driving using detailed information from your own journeys.
Drivers who start ecodriving can expect to improve their driving efficiency by up to 15 per cent. That means a 15 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions and in fuel costs. Fiat has also created ecoVille, a unique online community populated by all ecodrivers from around the world. Users will be able to share tips, watch the community grow, and see just how much CO2 they are all saving together.
Fiat 500 and Grande Punto are the first Fiat Group vehicles to use ecodrive, and the system is available to download and install now, free of charge. In 2009, ecodrive will be extended to the rest of the Fiat range equipped with Blue&Me. ecodrive will be open to feedback from users, which will help Fiat to update the application and make it even more useful in future.
ecoDrive is an evolution of the Blue&Me platform, developed by Fiat Group Automobiles in conjunction with Microsoft, that has already earned considerable recognition. Over 500,000 systems have been installed in the Group’s models over the last two years
Source:New 2009 Fiat ecodrive Technology - (Global)

I'm guessing it could be the same thing

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th April 2010 at 10:37.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:39   #168
BHPian

Nothing Much

Nothing Much.

They have just put in a game, asking people to click on many places in the car and guess if there is any thing new over here. You get 7 attempts for it. When you click, it tells you (most of time its new) something about the part - eg. steering, music system, etc.

You have to register for the same on the site.

I found it quite boring, did not see anything remarkably new except cosmetics.

Yet if any bhpian manages to find out something remarkably improved, please post.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:17   #169
BHPian

Hmm. Looks the same to me! The spot the similarity contest is up too. The whole car is same except for the 'new' interiors.

I think that the drivetech4 has got something to do with the BS-IV engine.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:53   #170
BHPian

I dont think they have anything new in the inside, as no where in the contest do they highlight any improvements in that area or ask customers to spot that.

Never know though!!
Old 13th April 2010, 12:03   #171
BHPian

What i feel is it is having 15" wheel. and in one angle the rear right wheel seems to have disc brake.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:14   #172

I agree with Cartman...It has something to do with the BS-IV engine.
Checked the url...nice looking game. Looks like the Tatas are distancing the Vista from the Indica family.

Or trying to ;-)
Old 13th April 2010, 12:52   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post
What i feel is it is having 15" wheel. and in one angle the rear right wheel seems to have disc brake.
Yup the image does give an impression of a disc brake on rear tyre.

However the spec sheet mentions durm brakes for rear also its 14" (13" for terra)
Old 13th April 2010, 14:04   #174
BHPian

I guess, you guys did no pay heed to the very first line in the Ad. It says, new things in Vista from Indica, so they are asking people to find differences between Indica(old) and Vista and in the process trying to distance from Indica tag.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:48   #175
BHPian

Indica Vista Drive4tech

Did anyone catch the full page ad for Indica Vista drive4tech? they have also launched a new website. Wonder what's the gimmick?
Old 13th April 2010, 16:27   #176
BHPian

The dealer confirms that it is nothing but notification for BSIV engine.

-MUKE
Old 13th April 2010, 16:54   #177
BHPian

had visited concorde motors this afternoon and I asked the representative about the Drive4tech indica mentioned in TOI and he wasnt even aware of that . One thing he did mention is that the linea was coming with the 1.6 multijet during the end of this year.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 13th April 2010 at 16:55.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:27   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
The dealer confirms that it is nothing but notification for BSIV engine.

-MUKE
The new brochure claims its mating internationally awarded BS4 engines with advanced eurotech gearboxes delivering higher torque and driveability to the quadrajet and better fuel efficiency and refinement to the saffire. Can anyone give more details?
Old 14th April 2010, 16:36   #179
BHPian

the new website shows two options for quadrajet engine. one is BS-III other one is BS-IV complaint.

so probably drivetech4 is just a notification for this new quadrajet BS-IV engine

and there is one boring game whose whole purpose is to emphasize the point that everything in vista is different from the previous generation indica.

but the point is why keep the name same then. was indica such a huge brand name?

hey! i just won the most stupid flash game ever
the only thing common is above the rear view mirror on the interior 360 deg. view

the brochure advertises the new BSIV engine a new eurotech gearbox.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 14th April 2010 at 16:55.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:42   #180
BHPian

Is it some Drive-By-Wire technology they have put in the car ?

--Vikrant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks