Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 18:47   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Difference:

1. Has VW sold two generations of the Golf side by side in it's home market?

2. The Vista is targetting a slightly higher price point than its previous generation. However, potential customers from the new price point do not want to buy a car with the image of the lower entry-level price point.

Yup, even the Altis looks so much like the older Corolla, especially from the rear / side profiles. Again the new Altis was a replacement model.
In India, Santro & i10, Ikon & Fiesta, Accent & Verna are sold side by side, so why not Indica Variants?

Also the below interesting news says that "The company, meanwhile, has clarified that production of the old Indica has been halted."

Tata Motors, M&M Oct sales skid
Old 12th November 2008, 20:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Also the below interesting news says that "The company, meanwhile, has clarified that production of the old Indica has been halted."
Halting production isn't the same thing as phasing out the model. The company probably thinks Indica is taking away prospective Vista buyers.
Old 12th November 2008, 21:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

what will the taxiwallahs do ?
I think it may be a temporary halt
Old 12th November 2008, 21:31   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what will the taxiwallahs do ?
I think it may be a temporary halt
I think we should start a thread on that. If not Indica, what else, for Taxi ops?

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by DCEite : 12th November 2008 at 21:36.
Old 13th November 2008, 11:34   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
In India, Santro & i10, Ikon & Fiesta, Accent & Verna are sold side by side, so why not Indica Variants?
The point of this thread is NOT about selling two generations of the same car together. It is about selling two SIMILAR looking generations at the same time.

The Ikon & Fiesta and the Accent & Verna are easily distinguishable from each other. Not so with the Indica Vista (to the casual observer).
Old 27th January 2009, 21:32   #81
BHPian

TATA may come up with a fresh exterior after seeing the sales of this one vista
Old 27th January 2009, 22:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

well i think the vista is the best lookin tata ever made...its sharp features and those bold headlights look really great and very european...the vista looks like a true genesis of the indica...its grown up matured version...
Old 4th April 2009, 02:34   #83
BHPian

The Vista's look

Glifford is so right.

-1. From the front, the Vista bonnet looks leaner than the Old indica. The lights take up nearly all the breadth.

-2 The grill lacks the chrome strips. the plain black are area The smile that is characteristic of all indicas is upside down making it more of a frown.

-3 There is no spoiler. the lack of a spoiler takes away that "ready to charge" look that the xetas have.

-4 The mirrors are smaller and also not body colored(higher versions?)

-5 The wheel arches are missing. Anyone who owns an Indica knows this. No other car on the road has them and the fiber arches are such a blessing in minor 'scrapes' on the road.

-6 Swift like plastic looking metal body sheet. The earlier indicas are either moulded in a lower gauge or it is the metallic paints on them that make the body look more 'taut'.

-7 Non 'red-banded' reverse and side indicators. The reverse and side are indicators are cut into a small semi-circle within the red 'Qutub Minar' of lights so much like the up to 2006 models.

If I know anything about Tata Motors design plans then the 'New Vista' which will very likely be launched in about two-three years from now will have all these features including the That is when I will trade my Xeta for it.

But the interiors are amazing and the central tunnel hump is low making it far more comfortable for the rear middle seat passenger. On the whole, the car is lovely - but I wud rather wait for all the things I so like about the old indica to be on the Vista.

Time may prove my surmises absolutely wrong but I hope it turns out otherwise.
Old 5th April 2009, 15:59   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Okay, I am beaten on this one. WHY did Tata give the Vista a near identical profile to the older Indica? Heck, last week, my sister didn't even realise that the bright red car next to us was the new Vista. I am sure this is the case with many a casual observer. It's not like Tata have the brand identity of a Merc / BMW / VW that they need to maintain a common family look. Period. Even Honda & Toyota refresh their designs with each new generation. If the new platform is a giant leap ahead (which it is), doesn't it make more sense to give it a fresh identity? Would the ANHC be so well-received if it looked like the NHC? Would the Swift be such a hotseller if it looked like an evolved Zen?
Tatas are proud to continue the Indica tag, they dont have any reason to be ashamed of Indica. It may not be a BMW or a Merc, but for India it is quite ok, rather than cramped Japanese cars. I dont know why any drawbacks in Tatas are amplified wheras any problems in Japanese or Korean cars are glossed over? By the way the Zen Estillo is almost a Wagon R, the A-Star is an extension of Alto (anybody who is a good observer can easily see that). Suzuki did not discard those cars looks completely. (Alto & Wagon R sales are still continuing in India whereas in anopther countries they are stopped).
Old 6th April 2009, 09:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Vista!

I agree that it looks quite similar to the OTI (Old Tata Indica). However, lets look at the car again with some pictures. It has the charm to make you fall in love with her.

Image courtesy - Google/flicker.

Copy right - Respective owners.

The rear looks like the fusion and I love it! Its broader than the OTI and looks really nice/hot in red. I believe it is also available in white now as I saw one "completely white" at Wasan TATA (Borivali) on saturday.

Share your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-2828213108_d99b14490e.jpg  

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-2828213112_854b9253ac.jpg  

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-2828213124_2ee36319ac.jpg  

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-2828213126_5e5656ff3c.jpg  

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-indicavista.jpg  

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-indicavista015.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 20:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

I have a query here. I have noted that the Aura model has its badging on the right side of the car and not on the left. Why is that so? Cost cutting? may be TATA should have pasted it at the rear of the car so that it doesn't look odd.

I find it odd and think that the Aura badging fell from the left side!
Old 7th April 2009, 21:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Amit you might have seen the anniversary white color as i have not seen an all white in Vista till date. Not even heard of tata launching a white color.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:54   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Amit you might have seen the anniversary white color as i have not seen an all white in Vista till date.

Harry, these pictures are for you. Both are shot while driving.

This white one I caught near NAL, Old Airport Road, Bangalore. I simply love that stance

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-dsc00979.jpg

This is a Kerala (Calicut) registered Vista, caught off Lavelle Road, Bangalore

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-dsc00982.jpg
Old 7th April 2009, 22:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

That is the anniversary edition Vista. The car has a black rooftop and it so looks beautiful.

But, it seems, Tata has also introduced the all white Vista! I remember seeing the pics on the forum. Probably the main Indica Vista Thread has it.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danindica View Post
Glifford is so right.

Time may prove my surmises absolutely wrong but I hope it turns out otherwise.
quite a detailed analysis dan. You certainly know your indicas

and if i might add, the headlamp is a dual reflector unit, unlike the indica which has a single reflector for both Hi and lo beams

the rear end of the rear quarter glass is sharp, unlike in the original indica, which has it curved.

the side indicators under the ORVM's ,

door handles,

all the vistas seem to have the outlines of the window blackened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks