Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 19:22   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
+1 to this.

I think the Vista was more evolutionary than revolutionary.

TATA has missed a huge chance I feel.They could have made the design much more appealing.

Although must admit my friend owns one and I really like the car and the red color.Its really BIG on the inside.

And its not an Indica by a long shot.Should have been branded afresh.
Nope! The Vista was revolutionary in design but evolutionary in looks.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Revitalising the thread -

I for one have never mistaken a Vista for the older generation Indica - even from a glance. It has similarities but not enough to be mistaken for the older Vista (atleast for me). Infact, from the rear, it looks more like a fusion to me than Indica. Overall, it looks good and sharp but definitely needs a tyre upgrade. Grille is one area where they should look to improve.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

vita is growing on me! I drive indica turbo to work. My initial impressiions were vista looks too similar to Indica. Especially the profile. But try seeing a vista in your rear view mirror. The front styling is distinctive. Rear is just about ok with few noticing the actual difference in width and styling differences.
But the fact is vista makes you to think..to check if it is indica or vista atleast once at some point of time. This is sad. Small wheels are also a turn off for such a massive car. Tata corrected this stance issue on Turbo, god knows when will this hapen on Vista

p.s- The 10th anniversary edition is simply mindblowing!
Old 1st July 2009, 16:40   #124
gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Okay, I am beaten on this one. WHY did Tata give the Vista a near identical profile to the older Indica?
Gues they just love the older designs and decided not to take a risk

Old 1st July 2009, 17:43   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Revitalising the thread -

I for one have never mistaken a Vista for the older generation Indica - even from a glance. It has similarities but not enough to be mistaken for the older Vista (atleast for me). Infact, from the rear, it looks more like a fusion to me than Indica. Overall, it looks good and sharp but definitely needs a tyre upgrade. Grille is one area where they should look to improve.
Well, even my 3-year old daughter has not mistaken Vista for a V2!!
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:07   #126
BHPian

I feel they sould have named without the "Indica" batch. IMHO even Tata Vista is more appealing than Indica Vista.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

It is good that the Vista is not an overwhelming success. It will give Tata Motors the message that they need to do more.The expectations of the customers are much higher today, than what they were, 10 years back when the 1st generation Indica was launched.

I hope Tata Motors keeps its ears and eyes open and continues to improve the Vista further.

Please do remember, that the biggest selling car in India, the Maruti Alto had a very slow start. The Indica Vista may well turn out to be an "acquired taste" with more customers appreciating it over a period of time.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:02   #128
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely hope that they do something to improve their service. Being third worst is not something to be proud about. It actually hinders their sales, and with good reason
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:06   #129
BHPian

If you have noticed, the print ads have quietly dropped the Indica name, in fact in the photos, the name Vista alone features in the number plate area.

Vista would simply have been sufficient to start with in my view
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:23   #130
BHPian

Well actually from back the vista more looks like a ford fusion then any other car and beyond that it has its own identity..infact the new cars which are coming now do look a bit like the old indica with cosmatic changes...to name one well the i 20..(oops)
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:48   #131
BHPian

Any cosmetic change in Vista?

Any cosmetic change in Vista? especially in the Front Grill or some defect fixes based on the service center feedback?

I guess not until the Visto oops! Indigo Vista launch.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:59   #132
BHPian

Indica vista shall be successful in the market and that is for sure.
The engine performance in Indica is very inconsistant with every service
and yet it has been very very reliable with low repairs,cheap spare parts, reasonable performance ,good leg room in front and back and very good fuel economy.

The important advantage over others is its space.

If situation so demands, four people can sit in the back seat itself and all in all six persons can travel in Indica Vista. Such an advantage is possible even in Indica.

Indica Vista is somewhat similar to Indica because it is Indica Vista.
Cetain colours give a very different looks to Indica Vista.
Like for example Black Indica Vista. Taxi image will not come to mind immediately.

There is no enough leg room in Swift either in the front or in the back. If you move the front seat(jerk it back) then back seat person's legs would be crushed.

But there is no such problem in Vista nor even in Indica.
As the time goes by people perference for Vista shall only see higher sales for it.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
when the original indica was born, a lot of people accused Tata/I.De.A of copying the palio design.
Now you cant blame them for copying the older indica

[FONT=Verdana]The exterior of Tata Indica was designed by an Italian design house named I.DE.A Institute under contract , with an heavy interaction of Tata’s own designing team.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]French car Peugot ,Palio and Indica were all designed (external body)
by the same Italian company and that is why they all look like twins,though there is a defference.
[/FONT]
Old 6th July 2009, 22:21   #134
BHPian

If I am to buy another hatchback today, my first choice would be Indica Vista. And I would be buying it mainly because it is 'Tata Indica' Vista

My seven year old Indica V2 DLS along with the big brother

That's an Indica. Nope, Vista...Nah Indica!! SIGHHHH!-dsc01725.jpg
Old 7th July 2009, 06:23   #135
BHPian

[quote=sudheeshnairs;1373201]If I am to buy another hatchback today, my first choice would be Indica Vista. And I would be buying it mainly because it is 'Tata Indica' Vista

If you can spare some moments more with us please share your reasons for choosing because it is ' TATA Indica'. You sounds immensly satisfied cutomer. Ain't you? please elaborate.
thanks

Most Viewed