Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2014, 16:11   #211
BHPian

Re: Driving "Typos"

Yup. You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
I know this is ancient, but I couldn't resist !

Technically, they are right. As long as they are not the ones driving, they did, infact, go for a ride in the car.

You take a ride in the bus or train. You don't drive or pilot em.

Oh and for my typo, I've been riding bike since I was 18 and sometime when I'm walking on the street and hear a honk or engine noise from behind, I instinctively look at where my mirrors would usually be!
Old 31st October 2014, 16:54   #212
BHPian

Ok, here are some incidents that have happened or keeps happening:

1. My uncle and aunt once travelled 75 kms on their M800 with the handbrake on! Arriving at the destination (our house), there was a burning smell, with the plastic hubcaps warped!

2. I remember my dad going for the wiper stalks on the M800 to change gear, since he was accustomed to the column shift of the padmini.

3. When the next upgrade came (a santro) it was the power assisted brakes that casued havoc - initial days were filled with sudden inadvertent stops - nobody tailgated us thankfully during that time.

4. Then another change - the polo with the inverted stalk positions. So me and my dad always switched on the wiper! We would get the car out on the driveway and put the wipers on! This is a never ending thing, as I would drive my friend's Amaze and having gotten used to the polo, would do the same thing all over again.

5. I would often press the engine start button on my friends bike while searching for the horn.

Last edited by wantarangerover : 31st October 2014 at 16:56.
Old 19th September 2018, 12:04   #213
BHPian

After spending long hours behind the wheels, I keep looking at right and left side even while walking to see if there something behind - only to realize I am not driving and walking and I will need to turn my neck around
yogesh.8984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 13:26   #214
BHPian

Here is an incident of mine:

We were returning from Ooty towards Coimbatore on our Honda City GXI CVT. On the way, we had to stop at a railway crossing. My dad, on noticing that it was taking too long, wanted to put the lever in P mode and engage the handbrake. It so happened that he placed it in reverse mode and engaged the Handbrake. None of us had noticed this for a while.

It was only when my bro (who was around 4 years old at the time) pointed it out that he realised his mistake! Had he not noticed that, we would have surely bumped into the vehicle behind, as there was neck to neck traffic at the signal!

My dad still laughs over it at times even today!

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 15:54   #215
BHPian

1. In the initial days(2010) when R15 was not a common sight in small towns, I got mine and was enjoying the headturner that it is. I used to go on one day solo rides within the state of Kerala(was posted there) in my off days. One such day, I went into a restaurant in an unknown town to have lunch. Had awesome Malabar Biryani, paid the bill, put on the jacket and was about to take out my key when I realised it is not there, in any of the pockets. Went to the table I was eating, wasn't there too. My heart skipped a few beats. Ran towards the parking lot to find the bike on in ignition mode(with engine off) and few guys looking at her hungrily. Many thoughts ran simultaneously during my run to the parking lot. Can't explain.

2. Around the same time, when mine was the only R15 in town, went to the regular market place. Halted the bike to make a call. Many were looking at the bright yellow bike. While taking out the mobile, got a good jerk from the bike. The bike stalled and I realised to my embarrassment that she was still in gear when I released the clutch.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 21:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

I would have adjusted the seat back for a long drive...at the toll booth, I would quickly lower the window...and ...damn...it was not going down...then I realise sheepishly that I had opened the rear window...due to the changed seat position !
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks