BHPian

Quote:
Reasons are -
A.S.S
But I thought Hyundai has good A S S!!
Spares are fairly cheap too....
Old 29th March 2005, 19:57   #17
BHPian

rtech: you're spot on about the 12 lakh price point....i dont see the point of hyundai risking sales...however i'll tend to believe that that would merely be the entry level sonata....they would possibly try to take the entry level accord on with the top end sonata for advertising reasons....as in...the published head to head comparison etc...

Shantanu: so far hyundai have almost always launched the same engines in india as they have internationally, except for the elantra with the 2l engine vs the 1.8(?) they've launched here...this is possibly due to them retaining the 2.0 elantra engine (offered in europe) top be launched alongside the the 2.4 Theta and possibly the 2.7V6 when they launch the sonata in india....like i mentioned earlier ...they'd possibly use the 2.7V6 to advertise the sonata being better than the 2.4 Accord...there is no other way they'd be able to bring out the hyundai advantage on paper....

about the design i think it's average at best and hyundai need to work on this...havent yet picked up ACI...will comment further after ive read the article...

Could we have a poll for cars available in price band of 12-15 lakh. Would be interesting to know the outcome of that one...

Rock on,
Gautham.

Last edited by maedi : 29th March 2005 at 19:57. Reason: typo
Old 29th March 2005, 20:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
But I thought Hyundai has good A S S!!
Spares are fairly cheap too....
Thats exactly what i thopught when i read the post.

The sonata yet again is not an original design. But its a whole lot better looking than the C-class looking Sonata. as many have pointed out, it looks very much similar to the accord but so does the Mazda6. I would go for the current Octavia or current accord rather than this new Sonata.

PS: Any news on the introduction of the 'new' Octavia?
Old 30th March 2005, 23:13   #19
BHPian

Seriously ive never liked the old sonatas looks.... it just didnt have originality.... here we are with the new one...... i thought the old ones rear looked like a jaguar....now the new one looks like an accord...what a shame!....I really agree with you SHAN2NU........this does look like a grown up elantra.....

Hyundai has always got its pricing right....it will sell welll in the begining and about the later............. lets see!!
Old 31st March 2005, 00:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

when the old sonata had come out every one used to say it looks a bit like the jag.and in the times drive when they wrote a review on the new sonata they them selves said the rear is the copy of an acocord. as Mr. rage right fully said there is nothing original about the desings.
Old 31st March 2005, 01:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

the price of hyundai cars is very reasonable and thats one of the most important factors that attracts the buyers.its got good service and value for money in the begginnig the sonata will sell well but as time goes people will get bored of the looks and sales will go down.
Old 31st March 2005, 01:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

hey n.c. ,

forget about the sonata , tell me more about the elantra man , you serious about the 7 lakh thing after discounts and all ?

manson .
Old 31st March 2005, 01:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

what do i jus hear elantra at 7 lakhs impossible dude.i dont think its that cheap what discounts are you ll talking about??
Old 31st March 2005, 12:00   #24
BANNED

i like this car but i just dont know if its worth the price tag. price around 9.99 laks it will sell much better than the accord i guess. under 13 laks and the fight is on.
Old 31st March 2005, 12:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey X,
the reason the mondeo didnt sell was not because of its FE but because of price, ikon looks, expensive spares.
Oh and the reason people buy the skoda 1.9TD over the 2.0 is that it combines performance, smoothness with FE but as mentioned before, a person buying a 10L + car will not care about FE.
Also the elantra is a C++ segment car while the new sonata is a D segment car.
Oh and the current sonatas S20s are going for under 10L right now while the elantras are around 9L.
Oh and i have just realised something.
Why do hyundais and DC like that blackened headlamp thing?
Old 31st March 2005, 13:46   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the reason the mondeo didnt sell was not because of its FE but because of price, ikon looks, expensive spares.
Oh and you forgot the "Ford" badge. It isnt exactly premium.

GTO
Old 31st March 2005, 15:24   #27
BHPian

oh Mondeo.
my my next car.
Form and function fulfilled.
what a car!!
Old 31st March 2005, 16:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

This car has taken the previous Accord's position as far as looks go......its terribly anonymous, but something tells me its gonna be a really good platform for the customisers........

If this car is priced anywhere above 13 lakhs, its defenitely not worth it.
Old 21st August 2005, 02:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Spotted !!!!!!!!!!

i saw the New Sonata halting at the oncoming traffic light...
white color..looked like an elantra from the front at first..but then it was much wider..me likey!

spotting was near Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium..

Last edited by turbo_lover : 21st August 2005 at 02:08.
Old 21st August 2005, 04:00   #30
BHPian

Hmm and the pricing is not as low as expected....will it sel? what is Hyundai thinking???

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 21st August 2005 at 04:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks