Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 07:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
it's cheap because it has parts that can fall of anytime, engine that can break down anytime, and is even unsafe than a maruti omni.
May I request the Mods to remove the word "Nano" from the thread's title??!
Old 15th October 2008, 08:07   #17
BHPian

Steer that was wacko! I found it hard to believe it at first, but man where are planing to take this? it sure is the heights. I hope no indian company gets lured into bringing these into the country.
BTW I saw a shop with Chinese bi-cycles, there again every possible duplicate. Anyways!
You probably have a taste of it with the DragonMart there right?
Old 15th October 2008, 15:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

The oreva wont last for more than 6 months on Indian Roads...Orpat should stick to manufacturing Calculators.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:26   #19
BHPian

I dont know how many compnies are trying their hands on cheap electric cars with chinies collabrators. First it was TARA Tiny, now Oreva.

Lets wait and see how many of them really come on the road and if they do then how long they can last.

I hope with their aquisition of Miljo of Norway, TATA motors bring the electric version of Nano in the near future.

Last edited by Car-Agey : 15th October 2008 at 17:29.
Old 15th October 2008, 19:00   #20
BHPian

Oreva Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Saw it on the News on TV. Looks very much like the Merc Smart from the rear. But still looks bit ugly and hastily put together (like the e-bikes we see). Plastic panels and the car waddling like a duck on the road.
Here's the Video of it.

Video: New Nano challenger is ... a Flybo? - AutoblogGreen

You'll need to scroll down a bit!
Old 15th October 2008, 19:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajanta group has tried to venture into diversified business lines - will they be successful this time, esp in what is unchartered terrain for them ?

p.s: if Ajanta did / does supply clocks for car-dashboards, I wouldnt consider that as valid experience.
Old 11th November 2008, 20:51   #22
BHPian

Spotted one Oreva doing rounds on Surat roads..
It was in a same color combo as in post # 4.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:29   #23
BHPian

Ajanta shelves Rs 1-lakh electric car plan!!!

According to rediff, Ajanta has shelved its plan to introduce this electric car.

Read the article from here : Ajanta shelves Rs 1-lakh electric car plan

"Ajanta Group's plan to foray into Rs 100,000 small car segment in line with Tata Motors' Nano has come a cropper. The group had planned to produce electric cars, but thanks to rising input costs, the project has been put on the backburner and has decided to concentrate on its e-bikes models.

Ajanta manufactures electric two-wheelers under the brand name of 'Oreva'. The company had been conducting some research on a possible rollout of an electric four-wheeler, but has now dropped the plans fully.
"We had conducted some research on a possible electric car, but we have no plans to launch it. We would now fully concentrate on manufacturing electric two-wheelers and marketing it across the country," said Jaysukhbhai Patel, director of Ajanta Group.
After Tata's announcement of the Rs 100,000 car, automobile players from Rajkot such as the Ajanta Group and Field Marshal Group had also declared similar projects in the electric vehicle segment. Both companies had planned for electric car in the Rs 100,000 price range.
Ajanta's electric two-wheeler segment is believed to be doing well in Gujarat. Apart from Gujarat, the company plans to market its electric two-wheelers in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
Ajanta manufactures around 300 Oreva electric bikes a day. It has set up a plant at Samkhiyari in Kutch and is likely to raise the capacity to 1,000 bikes per day in the near future.

"We had imported the electric car from China and modified it to suit Indian conditions before showcasing it in the road show. We do have the technology that can produce such electric cars but we have no such plans. Our target is to do what we are best at and not to give any competition to Tata," he added.

Ajanta is a well-known name in clock manufacturing. With its base in Morbi, the group has diversified into auto, compact fluoroscent lamps and vitrified tiles.
"

Last edited by sgmuser : 12th November 2008 at 09:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks