Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 10:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

The value for money SX4 now even more value for money-I map navigator free

The SX4 comes with the gps i-map now for this month.The value for money sx4 is now even more value for money.I feel now as far as features are concerned now competition for SX4.Sales were down for this model but now a staedy increase is been showing for the last couple of months.
Your views guys on this-I-map for SX4.
ram
Old 16th October 2008, 11:12   #2
BHPian

Can u tell me exactly when SX4 Diesel is going to be launched i hope it will be moooooooooore value for money
Old 16th October 2008, 11:13   #3
BANNED

Hmmm.... Nice move.
MSIL had to do something urgently to boost SX4 after the 3GHC launch. Good accessories and attractive finance options are the easiest methods.

But the real boost will be when it gets a diesel option. Ain't it? Then there won't be no looking back.

Does this Map thingy require any subscription? Is it provided by MSIL, if any?

And nice to see you back on the forum, Ram!
Old 16th October 2008, 11:19   #4
JRD
BHPian

yep thats definitely going to help the sales. gps is very useful especially on long trips but i agree with speedzak that the diesel will be a segment killer.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

SX4 has been value for money from day 1. This is surely a step in right direction. The usefulness of GPS cannot be considered small. Again the first in the segment ( If I am not wrong ). Appreciate this.
And its good news that again the sales are increasing.

But I dont that this only feature can draw many customers. If customers are coming, its not because of this GPS feature, but its the car.

To summarize:
1) Good step to offer this feature.
2) What is needed is diesel.
3) Nice to see sales increasing and more VFM packed into this already VFM king car.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Can you give more details on this i-map thingy. Hope it isn't as bad as the Ford Endeavor gimmick.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

I feel more than a navigator is required to achieve better numbers. Most people look at a flat cash discount. SX4 is still VFM no doubt.

I was recently called by a dealership saying that the interiors of SX4 have been updated and now comes with reverse sensors. These were the 2 things I had mentioned in the feedback form when I test drove almost a year ago.

When I saw the car, it turned out to be a dealer option at an additional cost. Some type of stickers were used on the plastics to make it look better. Seat covers, steering covers, gear knobs were all leather wrapped. Dealers are doing everything to sell the car.

Do dealers make more margins on the SX4 compared to the small cars? I learned from a dealer that margin on a Alto is about 8K. Is it true?
Old 16th October 2008, 12:17   #8
BHPian

Details please?

To my knowledge, IMap has only Navigation software. I would appreciate the following details.

1) Would Maruti suppy maps?
2) What is the hardware provided? Which Brand and model?

Thank you
Old 16th October 2008, 13:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Why only the SX-4, can't it be retrofitted into the other cars too if MUL is providing it ?

OT : Ram whats with the long lull on the forum. Where have thy been for so long ?
Old 16th October 2008, 14:50   #10
BHPian

Instead of giving freebies Maruti should improve the interiors and do that slight upgrade on Plastics & build quality and may be VVT i engine also
Old 20th October 2008, 10:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey riju to answer you a line out of topic.What do you do if team-bhp is blocked by the proxy in office? ans-Go on a loong hartal in office ,lure all for getting it off the blocked sites etc etc ,and it takes time buddie.
The i-map navigator will be in office in a couple of days,will see it myself and give more details and remember its for only those vehicles taken from MSIL this month.

ram
Old 20th October 2008, 10:22   #12
BHPian

I've been using the I-map software on my Treo 750 for a month now. The navigator is the same thing - except that it bundles the hardware also (the GPS device + software).

It's excellent! I've gone to Rishikesh without any hiccups, and been to numerous places in Delhi and the navigator was pretty good in getting me to the destination without much fuss.

Even restaurants, hotels etc are listed on the software. Once I just searched for "Stone" - a popular restaurant in Defence Colony. It was listed in the software - and it took me there from the middle of Gurgaon.

Good stuff for sure.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is this factory fitted or retrofitted by the dealers ? Definitely an attractive option. Would be great if Maruti can bring this to all their models.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

The offer is brought to customers from MSIL.huge enquiries and results would be reflecting by next month.Feedback from MSIL is that lifting has increased too for the sx4 since this offer.

ram
Old 20th October 2008, 11:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I've been using the I-map software on my Treo 750 for a month now. The navigator is the same thing - except that it bundles the hardware also (the GPS device + software).

It's excellent! I've gone to Rishikesh without any hiccups, and been to numerous places in Delhi and the navigator was pretty good in getting me to the destination without much fuss.

Even restaurants, hotels etc are listed on the software. Once I just searched for "Stone" - a popular restaurant in Defence Colony. It was listed in the software - and it took me there from the middle of Gurgaon.

Good stuff for sure.
Hi reppy how much this cost

Most Viewed