Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Well thank god that they have decided to announce the month atleast. Now the prices which were quoted here were very good but i doubt fiat would do that. They will again launch this vehicle in a price band which is pretty shaky and once they do that then its like Aaya fiat Gaya Fiat.
So all you guys are waiting for it dont you think the experience of people have with the service are you also willing tro experience the same??
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
So all you guys are waiting for it dont you think the experience of people have with the service are you also willing tro experience the same??
Can you please share 'the experience of people have with the service'?
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:24   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Well thank god that they have decided to announce the month atleast. Now the prices which were quoted here were very good but i doubt fiat would do that. They will again launch this vehicle in a price band which is pretty shaky and once they do that then its like Aaya fiat Gaya Fiat.
I have two cars from fiat one 1.2 palio nv sports and another one 1.3 SDX multijet. My first car is more than three years old and till today i had no problems with the service or with the car. I still am surprised why people keep talking about the bad services of Fiat.

Regards,

Sridhar
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
At last, FIAT has announced a date , in fact a month for Linea launch.The Fiat India website now has a note mentioning "FIAT Linea coming to you in Dec 2008"

Come on FIAT, thanks for giving us a month, now waiting for a final date.

Hey buddz,

I have checked the website all around and still not able to see the month , could you please suggest the link or location of the post.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dont you think the experience of people have with the service are you also willing tro experience the same??
Do you have any firsthand experience with the FIAT Service? I have been using a Palio from Aug 2002, and in Bangalore i never had any major complaints. In fact i am pretty happy that Palio is a very low maintenance car!

FIAT has done a lousy job of Linea introduction & marketing - but i don't think its as bad as it is perceived to be when it comes to service.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Hey buddz,

I have checked the website all around and still not able to see the month , could you please suggest the link or location of the post.
Hey it's there on the homepage, a small gif picture in the center of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
New Fiat Linea(indian version) DIESEL-versions and details (INDICATIVE)-linealaunch.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2008, 19:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Hey buddz,

When you go to Fiat India site its on the front page at the bottom. A small caption stating Linea is coming in Dec 08.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:15   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
At last, FIAT has announced a date , in fact a month for Linea launch.The Fiat India website now has a note mentioning "FIAT Linea coming to you in Dec 2008"

Come on FIAT, thanks for giving us a month, now waiting for a final date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
When you go to Fiat India site its on the front page at the bottom. A small caption stating Linea is coming in Dec 08.

, I am checking Fiat India but still can't see it anywhere on the home page, might be they have removed it now !!
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:22   #99
BHPian

At last FIAT has come up with a month and year - Dec 2008
If the localization of the car has taken time (1 YR), I bet the car has to be priced in 7 - 9 lac. The price determines the sales volume of the car, hope FIAT has learned the lesson from Palio.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Hey it's there on the homepage, a small gif picture in the center of the screen.

Thanks buddy !! some problem with my explorer i think, it only shows the grill but not the text .... :( anyways this is fantastic news......
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:39   #101
BANNED

Car Launch Date...

Thank god FIAT woke up! I think that CEO corner thingy helped people vent their anger on Fiat leading them to tell us the launch month! As far as the date is concerned Fiat showrooms are saying an early December launch before 10th. So keep fingers crossed and yes they are stressing that price will limit to below 9.5 lacs on road sa I mentioned slight variations are expected but prices will not cross over 10 lac let alone Civic/Altis territory. Maybe the accesories added may cross 10l but the showroom piece Emotion + will be around 9.5 lacs with top diesel/ petrol engine as I had mentioned in my post Page 4 (before logging on). Come soon Linea I'm losing my interest slowly! But the fire inside will keep me on till December.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2008 at 13:24.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:03   #102

To have an idea of prices: the Fiat Linea in Turkey starts from Turkish Lira 31000, ie app.930000/- Rs. for the Dynamic 120bhp petrol, and Turkish lira 34000/- ie app.10,20.000/- Rs. for the Dynamic 90bhp Diesel MJ.
In Brazil the only Diesel version sold is the 150bhp, 1.9 tdi. and it starts from 60,000/- Brazilian Reais ie. app 13,20,000/- Indian rs.
So if the pricing range being bandied about in this thread are true, This is going to be the first Mid/large segment car that is seriously cheaper in India than in the rest of the world!! That alone should make it worth the wait!!
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:00   #103
BHPian

Linea discussions are again buzzing with lots of anticipation. When was the last time you saw this prolonged desperate anticipation for a car in india?
FIAT come on now, bowl us all over with your killer price tag
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:24   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat India is lousy at marketing their cars and some of their dealers can be quite painful to deal with during buying and service. And there is a parts problem at times.

In that case, i don't understand why the Linea thread has run so long? If the company is so bad, what is the point in this endless speculation and wait? I would advise people to go ahead and book their ANHC, Altis, XYZ option and go ahead if they think the Linea is taking too long.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
FIAT has done a lousy job of Linea introduction & marketing - but i don't think its as bad as it is perceived to be when it comes to service.
To be honest and fair, I find my Palio service experience at Fiat (Samyak Delhi) as good as my Alto service experience at Maruti (Motorcraft Noida). Mind you, I try and make it a point to go to the best Service Centre possible and create a relationship with them, hence these two. In fact, Fiat is better because its less crowded and things move faster as well as the fact that I am allowed in the workshop area. Of course, I agree Maruti parts supply is much better. And further, I have personally spoken to atleast 20-30 Palio owners in Delhi-NCR (most of whom are typically running 4-7 year old Sienas/Petra/Palios over 1 lakh+ kms) and by and large they are a satisfied lot of people!

@ Maddy42, I think perception of the service is much worse than the actual service experience itself. And I have seen Skoda Lauras standing in a workshop for 30 days for an AC compressor!
Old 24th October 2008, 08:45   #105
BHPian

Hmm! So now is this true???
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks