Team-BHP - New Fiat Linea(indian version) DIESEL-versions and details (INDICATIVE)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Fiat Linea(indian version) DIESEL-versions and details (INDICATIVE) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/47644-new-fiat-linea-indian-version-diesel-versions-details-indicative.html)

note: before reading further:
the information which I am posting is colected from a talk which I held with jugad with a company person (I cannot give any details about it)

He disclosed only a bit of some of info about diesel models coming by the year-end, he declined to give any info on petrol.

HE, DESPITE MY REPEATED QUESTIONING AS A "POTENTIAL BUYER", DID NOT GIVE ANY INFO ON PRICE AND LAUNCH DATE.

whatever talk I had, here's the info:

(REMEMBER, FEATURES AND VARIANT MIX MAY CHANGE AT THE TIME OF LAUNCH, THATS WHAT ALSO HE TOLD ME)

colours:7

champagne gold
black
medium grey metallic
white pearl
light blue
royal red(maroon)
silver

varients:

active
dynamic
emotion
emotion+ (accurate as mentioned in other thread with pic)

technical specifications:

1248 cc multijet with variable geometry turbocharger

power: 90ps@4000 rpm
torque: 20.2 kg-m@1750 rpm
max-speed: 170 kmph (claimed)
acceleration (0-100 kmph)-13.2 secs(claimed)
valve gear: DOHC, 16V, 4-per cylinder

gearbox: 5-speed manual with overdrive on 4th and 5th gear.

steering: electro-hydraulic power asissted rack and pinion

dimensions:

wheelbase: 2603 mm

length: 4560 mm

width: 1730 mm

height: 1494 mm

track: 1471 mm(front), 1483 mm(rear)

boot space: 500 litres

ground clearance: 160 mm

kerb weight: 1185 kg (active, dynamic), 1205 kg (emotion/emotion +)

fuel tank capacity-45 litres

tyre size:(INDICATIVE ONLY, SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

active: 195/60 R15
dynamic: 195/60 R15
emotion/emotion+ : 205/55 R16 (17-inch wheels may be optional)

brakes front-ventilated disc
rear-drum (active, dynamic), solid disk (emotion, emotion+)
ABS standard on emotion/emotion+

FEATURES:

active:-entry level model with manual AC/heater

power steering
all round power windows
manual central locking
full wheel covers
black door handles and OSRVM (manually-internally adjustible)
driver and passenger vanity mirror with light
2-tone beige/black interiors
tachometer etc
front and rear fog laps
halogen lights

dynamic-active +

dual airbags
integrated Mp3 stereo with seperate remote playing mp3/cd/wma/i-pod aux-in

body coloured handles, mirrors and moulding on doors
driver's seat height adjustment
rear seat arm rest
3-adjustible rear seat head rests

instrument cluster with white dials

emotion-dynamic +

16-inch alloy wheels
ABS with rear discs and EBD with brake assist
"follow-me-home" headlights with auto-off
crome lining on door handles, front and rear bumpers, window sills
silver metal finish central console including stereo
audio controls on steering wheel
trip computer-(instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, distance to empty etc)
driver and front passenger lumber support
6-way powered driver's seat
manually height adjustible front passenger seat

emotion + adds features to emotion like:

17-inch wheels may be standard or optional

side airbags
CURTAIN AIRBAGS MAY COME NOT FINALISED

automatic climate control-dual zone
automatic rain sensing wipers with speed sensitivity, as mentioned by one member "autocarcr" (special thanks to him) in that thread
front and rear PARKTRONIC

blue and me-using a series of commands, without taking hands off steering wheel, we can place a call, listen to incoming SMS messages, consult our phonebook, listen to MP3s, supports mostmobile phones with bluetooth

auto headlamps-on sensor
HID lamps with washers (not finalised, may-come in any varient)

this is all i can get. I almost irritated him to get this info and he may never talk to me again.
only chance if some other member gets some info it would be helpful to all of us. Let's hope it gets launched ASAP.

Great findings Sid.

OT: I feel jealous of you. You are always the first to have rocking info. Hats off to you.cheers:

Thank you so much for all this information , he gave you so much of data , and was not wanting to tell you about the PETROL variant ? Wierd !

Wow!clap: you rock! :thumbs up

C-segment sedan with D-like features at expected high C/entry D prices? Fiat's on a roll!

Did he talk to you about the price, or did he get irritated before that discussion? :)

Sounds good. The only thing that worries is that ABS and air bags are not standard across all the variants aka the third gen Honda City.

I also have a strong feeling that Fiat is going for 1.4 Turbo Petrol variant.

Wow! Another great scoop from Sid. Great stuff. You surely deserve a 'distinguished xbhpian' award.:)

i forgot to add:

engine immobilizer is standard on all varients

dynamic, emotion/emotion + adds remote keyless entry

emotion/emotion+ MAY come with a key-fob operated remote boot opener (like the top end fiesta 1.6 S has.)

no, he did not give any info on petrol but was tom-toming-sir, base models may get 1.4 FIRE and emotion/emotion+ models MAY get 1.4 T-jet.

I am surprised to know that this car weighs in less that what I expected. I thought that torque should me more , but then its 1248cc and for that capacity the power and torque figures are good.

1) Power to weight raito: 73.5 bhp/ton
2) Torque to weight ratio : 16.7 kg-m/ton. Now this means the performance will be lively in city.
3) Fuel tank capacity should be more.
4) Ground Clearence is on the lower side.
5) 17 inch wheels are too big IMHO.
6) HID are just HID bulbs in place of normal halogen ( like Toyota Corolla Altis ) or Projector lights. Washer a nice feature, but I am afraid in Indian traffic they will get damaged quickly.
7) Front suspension is as usual Strut, but what about rear ? Any idea ?
8) Things now boil down to
a) Price
b) How Tata responds in case of A.S & S.
9) Tough time ahead for G3HC.
10) If SX4 manages to come with the same spec motor, it will lead to good healthy competition, which in any case will be beneficial to customers.

Thats a lot of info Sid. Is this the ONLY diesel engine we will get or we will get a more powerful engine in Diesel? Looks like Linea is going to rock in the c segment finally. Thanks a lot again for all the information.

Thanks sid for the information.I think the top end version will be more than 10lacs.
When i TD the 1.3 diesel with 90bhp i could find the power is not enough for the solid Linea.But 1.3 diesel is the only diesel engine we can get it for Linea when they launch and dont dream about 1.9diesel.

wow.! thats a heck of a spec list.

Thats going to be one loaded car thats going to really push the envelope in the C segment.

Since steering mounted audio controls are avaliable from Emotion, I am assuming the Emotion and Emotion+ will get Blue&Me.

What I find weird is that only the top end Emotion+ gets dual zone ACC. Don't tell me Fiat is going to force people to buy the top end if they want ACC. Sure dual zone ACC is great but I feel they could have single zone ACC as standard in Dynamic and Emotion with dual zone in the Emotion+.

Model range and specs show that Fiat is aiming to straddle two segments. Looks like they plan to cover the G3HC, SX4, Verna and Fiesta on one hand and also reach into Civic, Corolla Altis, Octavia and Optra Magnum segment with their Emotion+ variant.

Why no leather in the loaded Emotion+?

Thats like a fully loaded car.
Now what we have to wait for is the pricing.
if they can price this properly , i'm sure they will have a winner at hands.

They will have to match the price with Dezire if its gonna be 75bhp.

Sid; you rule!

jkdas - Linea is coming with a higher tuned MJD engine with 90 BHP as max power and 20.2 kgm of torque. it would be really fast. great specs. Yet to see how the FASS will be or should I say TASS would be on service angle. First few customer be warned you would be ginnea pigs.