Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 09:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet

When Punto was launched, I booked the car even before the TD vehicle was launched. I most certainly will repeat the same with Panda as well.

And as hotpursuit said, the hype for GP was miserably handled by Fiat. Hope they perfectly plan and execute this product launch.

Listen Fiat, we can compromise a bit on performance but we expect only absolutely top notch quality in your cars, your Linea and Punto were way offgaurd in this front and hope you learnt a lesson. So set your Quality Control department right before you think about anything else.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Please don't type in BOLD; it results in an eyesore for the rest of us
Old 18th September 2011, 10:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
When Punto was launched, I booked the car even before the TD vehicle was launched. I most certainly will repeat the same with Panda as well.

And as hotpursuit said, the hype for GP was miserably handled by Fiat. Hope they perfectly plan and execute this product launch.

Listen Fiat, we can compromise a bit on performance but we expect only absolutely top notch quality in your cars, your Linea and Punto were way offgaurd in this front and hope you learnt a lesson. So set your Quality Control department right before you think about anything else.
If you feel that the Linea and the Punto lacked a certain degree of quality, then i'm sure you'll be disappointed with the Panda. Fiat will not improve on the quality of a car that will be priced considerably cheaper than the more expensive Punto and their flagship product, the Linea.

But you will be happy with the Panda, as a whole package. Because, it is such a great little car, that you'd be surprised as to why Fiat took so long to consider this super-mini for our Indian market.

So, expect the Panda to be a solid, sturdy, frugal and an exciting car to drive. It may have the fun-quotient that the Brio boasts of, but it would be a good fun car to drive, should come with a decent list of features, and hopefully, should be priced correctly.

It should go right up against the Brio and the Micra, not to mention the Beat and the i10.
Old 18th September 2011, 18:42   #18
BHPian

I have seen quite a few Panda's in finland, i personally do not like the tallboy wagon design it has. I have also seen a lot of Uno's which look so much better, unlike the one's launched in India. However, let's see, this could be a small car spin off for Fiat.
Old 18th September 2011, 23:25   #19
BHPian

Panda was quite a sensation in Europe a few years back. Their ads for the 4X4 were real hilarious.

I hope Fiat gets this to India soon. They need to get their entire lineup here and start competing.

Cheers
Old 19th September 2011, 05:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Instead of pplonking money in a new launch - they should invest 1000cr in opening company owned showrooms n service centers and assure and deliver quality!
+1. Its better they launch it through company owned showrooms. Association with Tata will make sure that Panda is completely overshadowed by Indica.

An entry level Diesel hatch is surely the need of the hour.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:43   #21
BHPian

FIAT does lot of Flip Flops.
Sometimes refreshed Palio-Novo, Sometimes Uno, sometimes Bravo, sometimes Linea 1.6MJD, sometimes small car Mio and so on........
Again in yesterdays latest news from CEO that they will not launch any new model till 2013-14. Only brand building.
So why is this Panda again?????????
Old 20th September 2011, 22:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
FIAT does lot of Flip Flops.
Sometimes refreshed Palio-Novo, Sometimes Uno, sometimes Bravo, sometimes Linea 1.6MJD, sometimes small car Mio and so on........
Again in yesterdays latest news from CEO that they will not launch any new model till 2013-14. Only brand building.
So why is this Panda again?????????
All this talks about various launches were speculated only by us and the company never gave any hint on any launches. Our expectation from Fiat is very high and this is what causing the frustration after knowing that there are no new launches till 2013-14.
Old 20th September 2011, 23:16   #23
BHPian

Yup too much indecision in Fiat. They have a decent factory which can handle multiple lines. They have more than enough localization. Still they keep on dithering.

They need to understand that without new launches and refreshes to existing models they are not gonna get any traction at all.

Cheers
Old 21st September 2011, 08:17   #24
BHPian

If Fiat can't sell the Linea and Punto -- two excellent cars -- then they will not be able to sell anything. We Fiat fans hope things will change after the arrival of a new engine/variant/brand. What Fiat has to do is change perception. Easier said than done. But unless they delink from the Tatas, that is surely not going to happen.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:59   #25
BHPian

Expecting anything good from fiat is like wasting your effort in .
My signature and tagline tells what I feel for fiat.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:16   #26
BHPian

The Fiat panda from the Frankfurt Auto show 2011.This was not the 4X4 version.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-251.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-252.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-253.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-254.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-256.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-257.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-258.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-iaa-frankfurt-2011-259.jpg  

Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 19:36   #27
BHPian

Pictures of Panda are tempting and futuristic. Colours are cool. Hope Indians will like the car. But everything depends upon strategy of FIAT for Advtz, proper/ vibrant launching, handling customers and A.S.S.
Old 25th September 2011, 21:19   #28
BHPian

I think, FIAT cannot do good in India unless it solves all the service related issues. FIAT cars are good quality cars and price is also reasonable. But, I know many who decided against it just because of the poor after sales service and poor resale value.
Some suggestions for fiat :
1) Like Chevrolet, offer I lakh kms or 3 years 'ZERO MAINTENANCE' plans.
2) Offer AMC packages to existing owners at attractive rates.
3) Ensure spares availability without any delay.
4) Provide excellent training in customer relations to the sales and service staff.

Without any serious effort to improve the image, however good the panda may be, it will not make any impact in india.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:18   #29
BHPian

Guess the Italian Panda is scheduled for a visit after all....

2012 Fiat Panda - Bear with us

But FIA, please don't axe the Panda too with the T
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Fiat should launch the 2012 Panda if it is still interested in the Indian market. The new Panda reviews in almost all European automotive magazines are very favourable.
Attractive styling, stylish interiors with "squircle" shaped dials in the instument panel (Fiat-speak for "square + circle") lends a fresh new look and a break from the hum-drum interiors that we nowadays see in our hatchbacks.
Engine options available are the famed Twin-Air (which may be too costly for India). A 1.2 Litre/69bhp petrol, and our national diesel engine, the 1.3 MJD is also available.
Attaching a few pictures for Fiat lovers

Pics courtesy: Autocar UK website (http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...Lounge/261439/)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda1.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda2.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda3.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda4.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda5.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda6.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda7.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-fiatpanda8.jpg  

Fiat Panda Hatchback 1.3 Multijet-dimensions.jpg  

Last edited by arjab : 23rd February 2012 at 12:03.
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed