Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 21:00   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Hey guys, need some help here, today I got a call from my local (Gurgaon) Tata dealership, was informed that arranging for a test drive on 4X4 would take atleast 25-30 days! Is it right? Does it actually takes this much time to arrange for a TD on 4X4.
Check with other dealer and TD.

But its better to link up with someone from TBHP or otherwise who owns a 4x4 Safari and take a TD, if you wait for the dealer....
Old 14th March 2009, 11:16   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I guess the dealer does not have demo 4x4. They seem to be waiting for a customer vehicle to come down and they give you the demo!

In Bangalore, the dealer had a 4x4 demo vehicle, which were properly stickering done.
I would hate to TD vehicle of a customer who is not aware that his bull is being used for commercial purpose, I really am stuck here as I want to see and experience a 4X4 bull before leaping to buying procedures.

Regards
Old 14th March 2009, 18:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
I would hate to TD vehicle of a customer who is not aware that his bull is being used for commercial purpose, I really am stuck here as I want to see and experience a 4X4 bull before leaping to buying procedures...
Jimmy,

Would advice you to follow what Dadu has mentioned above. Try to get in touch with one of the T-BHPians around your place and see if you can TD their vehicle.

But then, there is all possibility that they might get an actual TD vehicle. Just make sure that the decals are there (DEMO decals) and the speedo is not disconnected. To make extra sure, also ask for the registration papers before starting the TD to check to whom it has been registered to.
Old 8th April 2009, 04:39   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am sometimes amazed at how little some of the Auto journalists in India know the automobile scene. Check out this article from the from Autocar India that claim that the *New* GX variant has dual airbags and ABS. If they had spend 30 seconds on the Safari website or a brochure they would have known that this is not true and it has only ABS.. unless Tata has had a last minute change of heart and included Airbags in the GX which would be a nice touch but profits obviously trump customer safety. Either way the'd better do something to compete with the revised Scorpio.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 8th April 2009, 05:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

Check the TATA site and I am now confused with the 4x4 offering!

Is there 4x4 offered from the EX variant from the start? I though 4x4 starts with GX (previously only in VX)?

mmm.... seems to be. Do not know how I missed that earlier. Even the alloy wheels are mentioned as only available in the 4WD in the EX variant.
Old 8th April 2009, 07:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Is there 4x4 offered from the EX variant from the start? I though 4x4 starts with GX (previously only in VX)?
No. They had 4x4 in EX. Our own Hrishi has a EX which is a 4x4.
Old 8th April 2009, 07:30   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
No. They had 4x4 in EX. Our own Hrishi has a EX which is a 4x4.
Yup; realized that when on the road!

Guess posting query at 6.30am is not the smartest thing to do... brain did not even boot up properly!!!

Most Viewed