Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 18:01   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Will definitely keep you updated. Will wait for a few more days tho, before I make the decision. the heart keeps saying safari, and the head-Innova, and now is also begging to take a look at the scorpio with its reduced pricing!!
I have been to Mahindra Dealership at Gurgaon, frankly I dont know if the salesman was not up-to-date enough or was it just me, but I could not see the huge benefit of new Scorpio Mhawk Hybrid over current Mhawks, that was launched recently. Could anybody please guide this newbie!
My basic intention is find out whether HYBRID by Mahindra was Launched in response to GX variant by TATA for safari.

Regards
JJ
Old 12th March 2009, 18:30   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
I have been to Mahindra Dealership at Gurgaon, frankly I dont know if the salesman was not up-to-date enough or was it just me, but I could not see the huge benefit of new Scorpio Mhawk Hybrid over current Mhawks, that was launched recently. Could anybody please guide this newbie!
My basic intention is find out whether HYBRID by Mahindra was Launched in response to GX variant by TATA for safari.

Regards
JJ
The new scorpio is with an micro hybrid. It cuts of the engine into standby mode when its stopped at signals etc. saving precious fuel.

Incase you are talking regarding HYBRID with an electrical motor directly connected to the engine than its different. Here you have additional batteries which get charged & discharged while you drive and help save fuel.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:52   #153
BHPian

that is right Kiran,
I understad hybrids and have driven few my self when I was in US, but I don't seem to follow use of micro hybrid in standby mode.
As explained to me by the salesman at Mahindra, it is used when the vechicle is standing at signal waiting for "green light", then as soon as you press clutch to shift gears the engine gets connected back.
Can it be seen as Plus factor when choosing between Safari and Scorpio, or is it "more to the customer" at same/competative pricing?
Old 12th March 2009, 21:21   #154
BHPian

It really depends on how much saving this system can give.
Old 13th March 2009, 07:12   #155
Senior - BHPian

JimmyJagga & Kiren,

Please do not go OT in this thread.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:25   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
JimmyJagga & Kiren,

Please do not go OT in this thread.
You are right HappyWheels, Idid go
Let me rephrase my question, Safari GX Variant is better buy in terms of money or buying EX and then putting add-ons is more sensible?
Regards
Old 13th March 2009, 13:09   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right HappyWheels, Idid go
Let me rephrase my question, Safari GX Variant is better buy in terms of money or buying EX and then putting add-ons is more sensible?
Regards
If you look in terms of cost difference between the two variants and what it will take to spice one up, you will find that you will spend less. But then, a factory finish might be much better unless you get a really superb aftermarket shop. Especially when it comes to the center A/c.

But (this is a bigger "But") - what will you for the ABS? This cannot, rather, should not be put in as an aftermarket accessory and do not even try it if someone offer! This is where the deal is.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:16   #158
BHPian

Quote:
If you look in terms of cost difference between the two variants and what it will take to spice one up, you will find that you will spend less. But then, a factory finish might be much better unless you get a really superb aftermarket shop. Especially when it comes to the center A/c.

But (this is a bigger "But") - what will you for the ABS? This cannot, rather, should not be put in as an aftermarket accessory and do not even try it if someone offer! This is where the deal is.
Thanks Happy Wheels, really appreciate the feedback.
ABS with EBD is more important to me than Stero with Amplifier and/or DVD Players. BTW does it also come with Airbags?
Regards
Old 13th March 2009, 13:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happywheels rightly said ABS after market idea is the worst idea a people can get, the GX variant is rightly placed and we see many people going for it.

The Red with the Real Earth combination is very good.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:50   #160
Senior - BHPian

Yes, ABS is the only factor that makes sense if going for the GX. Rest of features can be add-on, with varying results, but never risk a safety feature.

As for AirBags - they come only in the top end variant. Pay another 90k (approx.) for that.

And yes Gowda, if I had to pick the features that I would say 'must have' then GX fits the bill. But then, now when I look at the price difference between GX & VX and the extra safety feature which I pray I will never use - I would rather buy the whole package.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:56   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, ABS is the only factor that makes sense if going for the GX. Rest of features can be add-on, with varying results, but never risk a safety feature.

As for AirBags - they come only in the top end variant. Pay another 90k (approx.) for that.

And yes Gowda, if I had to pick the features that I would say 'must have' then GX fits the bill. But then, now when I look at the price difference between GX & VX and the extra safety feature which I pray I will never use - I would rather buy the whole package.
Happywheels as far as my buy was concerned i needed the ABS/EBD/Airbags and i did not want to take any sort of chance on the safety side and we went for the VX version by that extra money.

The safety is the main thing which we have to take it in consideration and respect the god's gift our precious life.

For the 90K you pay extra you will be getting the Airbags, LCD Displays, Camera, Leather Seats.

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th March 2009 at 13:59.
Old 13th March 2009, 16:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
...The safety is the main thing which we have to take it in consideration and respect the god's gift our precious life...
+1 to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
...For the 90K you pay extra you will be getting the Airbags, LCD Displays, Camera, Leather Seats.
Yes, you also get these nice-to-have features. But for me to justify if I spend 90k extra, it will be only and only for the ABS (but will not crib if I get these extras! ).
Old 13th March 2009, 17:19   #163
BHPian

Hey guys, need some help here, today I got a call from my local (Gurgaon) Tata dealership, was informed that arranging for a test drive on 4X4 would take atleast 25-30 days! Is it right? Does it actually takes this much time to arrange for a TD on 4X4.
Old 13th March 2009, 18:06   #164
Senior - BHPian

Can someone pls post a real life picture of the new leather-fabric combination seat covers. Havent been able to get a glimpse of those yet.

and who is the OEM for the reverse guiding system ??, looks better than the after-market ones.

Last edited by dadu : 13th March 2009 at 18:11.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, need some help here, today I got a call from my local (Gurgaon) Tata dealership, was informed that arranging for a test drive on 4X4 would take atleast 25-30 days! Is it right? Does it actually takes this much time to arrange for a TD on 4X4.
I guess the dealer does not have demo 4x4. They seem to be waiting for a customer vehicle to come down and they give you the demo!

In Bangalore, the dealer had a 4x4 demo vehicle, which were properly stickering done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks