Team-BHP - BEST & WORST Car Rear light design
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BEST & WORST Car Rear light design (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/47949-best-worst-car-rear-light-design.html)

Today while driving i observed carefully the rear lights of a NHC and i realized how unimaginative the design is.
I thought, why not get everyone's opinion about rear lights of the current cars in india.
I'm not talking about old fiats and ambys which ofcourse are plain jane designs.
I think in cars currently available in the india, the new honda city (for its price) has the least interesting rear light design.
And the bmw rear lights are the best!

scorpio rear lights looks really ugly. they messed it up pretty bad!

Agree with you on the ANHC, it feels like an interruption of the design from the front, doesn't flow into it, infact looks out of place like an afterthought or the result of a design by committee, and is awkward to look at. Additionally the rather abrupt upwards curve of the back window - see in the third pic - ruins the profile and flow of the car somewhat imho.

I like the Civic tail lights, a very balanced, refined and composed look. BMW have the best tail lights I feel, take a look at the tail lights of a 'small' bmw, all their cars look so well balanced design wise. There is a flow, a solidity, a wholeness about them.

Ahem.. Baleno... {cough cough}:D

8th accord's tail lights have been inspired by current BMW 5's tail lights.

current city's by bmw E90's tail lights.

here is a photo of civic's tailights:

My vote for the 2004-06 style indica tail lamps . quite original, and distinctive :)

Worst taillights in all practicality = Premier Padmini. Most protruding part of them all, biggest offenders - Autorickshaws & 3 wheeler cargo movers.

then worst mebbe, trucks, buses, cars in practical purposes are great. I talk about driving in and around Bombay & Calcutta.

other than practicality vanity wise.

Excellent.
1) Mercedes series of cars
2) Beemers
3) the exotics Bentley, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini.

Worst in functionality

118 NE,

Regards

M M

IMO Baleno has the worst pair of tail lights as far as sedans are conderned.. then comes the NHC..

My votes go to

Best Tail lights - BMW3/5/Indigo

Worst Tail lights- Baleno

Indian:
Worst - Maruti Esteem
Best - Toyota Camry present gen

Foreign:
Worst - Any ferrari
Best - Audi A8

even though the fiesta's tail lights look good , they're hardly functional. a thin red strip - and they're hard to see from afar. I think they are a good contender for the worst category

1) Baleno
2) G3Hc
3)Indicab!!

Baleno takes my vote for the most boring tail lamp design.
How can one forget the tail lamp design on the Sumo Phoenix which looks horrible!

Hi

The best amongst A2 segment cars i would rate for Santro Xing, very bright (some disadvanatge as well) and can be seen from far. This is quite useful specially when its raining or during fog.

Amit

Best rear lights : Jetta and Civic

Simply horrendous and unimaginative : Baleno and Safari(The size of them on safari is like a glowing mosquito at elephants rear).