Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 23:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

JUST STOLEN: Black Scorpio from NOIDA (DL 4C NB 3361)

Guys help me out here, a barely two month old Scorpio belonging to a friend got stolen from film city, noida today morning (around 1am)

Vehicle - Scorpio CRDe 2.6 Lx
Registration number - DL 4C NB 3361

Distinguishing feature -
It still has stock rims, no alloys, not even wheel caps. The left side roof rail is missing a front cover(see the encircled part in pic) and a grill, front only.

If any of you guys come across it please contact,

Abhinav - 9911994474
Attached Thumbnails
JUST STOLEN: Black Scorpio from NOIDA (DL 4C NB 3361)-scorp.jpg  

JUST STOLEN: Black Scorpio from NOIDA (DL 4C NB 3361)-scorp2.jpg  

Last edited by Dry Ice : 24th October 2008 at 23:08.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

SUVs are getting increasingly targeted! Earlier this was largely limited to small and easier to sell cars - like the Maruti 800, Santro, Esteem etc.

Wonder if this could be avoided if one buys a model with an engine immobiliser - or has that also been mastered by these unscrupulous elements!
Old 24th October 2008, 23:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Would keep a look out for it.

By the way , hope you have filed the complaint already.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:34   #4
BHPian

when was this photo taken.if it was a parking lot then i suspect something related to it.what is the guy outside the car in the pic doing.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you guys, it might be that by now the vehicle is in some other part of the country but, even T-BHP has a nationwide presence. Please do keep an eye out, would really appreciate that.

@abhi88
He has already filed a complaint and intimidated the insurance guys as well.

@ankit
This pic was taken on 3rd Sep.
The guy standing next to the car is trying to cut a "parchi". Couldn't be this one as the vehicle was never parked or its keys handed over here. But can't say if he had done so(parked and given the keys to the attendant) elsewhere.
Will inquire and post.

I agree that could be possible. I personally never give keys of my car to anyone.
Old 25th October 2008, 10:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Isn't nowadays most of the models equipped with engine immobiliser? All over it is known that Scorpios, Boleros, Safaris, Taveras etc., are high on the list of car thieves and once stolen within 2 hours it either reaches Meerut for breakdown or reaches to N-E or Nepal in few hours.

Coming back to the point, I'm surprised why a Gear-Lock was not installed. It is the biggest deterrent as of now. Secondly, you don't need to study rocket science to disable the engine immobiliser. It is basically a function integrated with the remote that cuts off power to the fuel-pump or the common-rail unit and hence the vehicle doesn't start.

I'll keep my eyes & ears open for this Scorpio but have little hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Wonder if this could be avoided if one buys a model with an engine immobiliser - or has that also been mastered by these unscrupulous elements!
Old 25th October 2008, 16:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

Dry Ice,

The only additional advice i can give you and your friend is to put a lot of pressure on the authorities.
If you know any people higher up - now would be the time to use those contacts.
A lot of time the police might have a fair idea of exactly where these cars might be going / being kept.

The more time wasted, the harder it is going to be to find, so move quick.

Goodluck!
R
Old 25th October 2008, 19:02   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The only additional advice i can give you and your friend is to put a lot of pressure on the authorities.
If you know any people higher up - now would be the time to use those contacts.
A lot of time the police might have a fair idea of exactly where these cars might be going / being kept.
Good tip. I got my stolen Esteem back in a month using about the same methods.

@ Dry Ice : I hope your friend gets his Scorpio back. Though the chances of it ending up in Mumbai are mute, I will keep an eye out.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thank you guys, it might be that by now the vehicle is in some other part of the country but, even T-BHP has a nationwide presence. Please do keep an eye out, would really appreciate that.

@abhi88
He has already filed a complaint and intimidated the insurance guys as well.

@ankit
This pic was taken on 3rd Sep.
The guy standing next to the car is trying to cut a "parchi". Couldn't be this one as the vehicle was never parked or its keys handed over here. But can't say if he had done so(parked and given the keys to the attendant) elsewhere.
Will inquire and post.

I agree that could be possible. I personally never give keys of my car to anyone.
on a lighter note
Dry ice, why intimidate the insurance guys , pal?
Old 25th October 2008, 19:19   #10
BHPian

Dry Ice,
i shall keep my eyes open and the gearlock on.
Hope your friend finds his car.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

God forbid, if the vehicle is not found, hope your friend will get the full insured amount on the car...As others has mentioned, just try using the influence to the fullest possible means.
Old 25th October 2008, 22:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio seems to be a favorite among car thieves. I was recently reading in newspaper about a person who lost two Scrpios in a row and he never wants to buy another scorpio again.
Old 26th October 2008, 01:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

i have steering locks for our cars as well as gear locks, accent and zen!

with a 7 lakh plus vehicle, no money was spent on security? its costs 1500-2000rs for a good gear lock!

no security mean stupidity!
Old 26th October 2008, 15:20   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you guys for your responses.
As far as the gear lock is concerned, he was planning to get one next week.(Too late I guess!!)

Well, he is trying his best to put as much pressure as possible. Will post the details as and when the case is solved or closed.

Haven't spoken to him lately, about insurance, I guess, it obviously won't pay the full amount. The car was about 2 months old, so they will deduct the depreciation. Plus the amount he spent on the claddings, grill and ICE won't be paid. So all in all, even if insurance pays up he still stands to loose an amount close to 1Lakh.

I would be really thankful if fellow members could enlighten me on the insurance thing and whether what all I mentioned here is correct(Regarding the deduction of cost of accessories). I believe there is a small amount in the premium we pay under the accessories head, hence the doubt.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 26th October 2008 at 15:21.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

election time in india means a big business for diesel vehicle like scorpio, safari, tavera, MM jeeps for campaigning!

please install atleast gear locks for your vehicles safety!

Most Viewed