Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

It does say gradual. So its not as if tomorrow, prices are going to be equal. A link to the source of the info would be much appreciated.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:18   #17
BHPian

It cannot and will not happen in a long long time to come. Leave aside agricultural use of diesel. The transport industry that runs entirely on diesel will go up in arms. Any impact on transportation costs would shoot up commodity prices. In these days of economic gloom, that would be a sureshot way for any govt. to bid goodbye to the next term. Same goes for LPG also.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This ain't happening any time soon, unless you want to cripple the economy with a major strike by commercial vehicle operators (taxis, trucks, buses).

Well been hearing rumors from a long time i remember 2 years a ago a friend of mine went in for a Tata Safari and even then there was a similar talk.

The Fact of matter is its hard for the govt. to differentiate the Diesel being used for commercial purposes and being used for Agricultural use. Also owing to fact " commercial vehicle operators " have big lobbies.

I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

I don't think so this will happen now at list as auto industries is booming like anything. Commercial vehicles will not have good impact of this one.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:23   #20
BHPian

But my friend who read said it was in HT couple of days back I am trying to find out. will post a link as soon as possible.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfee...e1-492237.aspx

Here is the link.

Last edited by msharma_79 : 5th January 2010 at 12:31.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:23   #21
BHPian

This news is not new and has been around since 2002-03. Although it may happen in long term dont expect it to happen immediately as the political fall-outs for any party which makes this decision are huge.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:24   #22
BHPian

Would love to see this happen, but realistically not possible yet because Trucks run on diesel. Direct impact of prise raise will be felt on food grains. And what with all the inflation issues around, the last thing government would do is raise the price of diesel.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:35   #23
BHPian

Pasted the link above..I know they have been playing around with the Idea but I guess this time they are serious. moreover the impact is something which I am worried about. Obviously inflation will happen again, Trucker strike possible.
Buses on CNG and finally whole pandora box will open up in the Taxi segment.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:39   #24
BHPian

@msharma_79

there is not where mentioned in the article that there would be parity in the rates of petrol and diesel

it just mentions about raising of vat on diesel from 4 to 5 percent.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
@msharma_79

there is not where mentioned in the article that there would be parity in the rates of petrol and diesel

it just mentions about raising of vat on diesel from 4 to 5 percent.
I am still trying to find the relevant one but as it seems that Idea is to draw parity by removing the subsidy on the diesel this year and draw parity gradually.

Here is another link:
Fuel prices poised for a hike
Old 5th January 2010, 12:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
Now no need to get scared people but I have heard and I have been trying to find written document on the same but somebody read it in the news papers that Govt. is considering a gradual parity between Diesel and petrol for the simple reason that Diesel prices were subsidized for being used in Agro Industry but scenario today is changing because of serious interest shown by the car industry and customers all across segments.

Check if you can find any thing on the same and all. I am also trying.

This can have a serious affect on the auto industry.

Mods: I thought this is relevant topic hence I have put in here. Not trying to start any rumours, If need be please delete the thread.

Govt. still considering and over that gradual .. ha ha ha . i bet this not be considered in the near future. It would take ages for them
Old 5th January 2010, 13:09   #27
BHPian

Export parity, subsidy checks on 13th finance panel agenda- Policy-Economy-News-The Economic Times

the relevant one is here!!
Old 5th January 2010, 13:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

As already stated earlier, due to vested interests of our neta and other lobbies, we will never have parity in Diesel and Petrol prices. Another reason is raising of the diesel prices will have a significant effect on inflation which we as a nation can ill-afford at this juncture and the govt of the day will have a tough time.

So guys worry not!
Old 5th January 2010, 13:25   #29
BHPian

rather then doing all this , what i think is we should use the ethenol based fuels as in brazil for transportation purpose and pure diesel and petrol shd be used for cars and suvs at the same rates .
and any way if you are going to used ethanol no need arises for subsidised fuel also , prises gona be down anyway!
Old 5th January 2010, 13:30   #30
BHPian

This is the most dangerous thread & should not be ready by any Babus or Netas. Come on guys, prices of so many things in this country are skewed, yet we don't say a word. All politicians simply drive through toll nakas without paying a dime. Have we ever taken any objection to that? Why on earth then should we have a problem if we are getting a benefit with lower diesel prices?
Truly speaking there's no REAL subsidy in case of diesel. Its just that the Govt. levies lower taxes making it cheaper than petrol. In the price that we pay, close to 60% of it is simply taxes, levies, duties & excise. In Mumbai we pay Re. 1 extra/Ltr just to cover the price of all the flyovers that have been built by the Govt. Again unjustifiable.
Lastly if such a system comes into force the only people who will benefit are the balck marketeers & corrupt netas & policticans.
Eye Opener - All Govt. vehicles are bought on ex-showroom price. Their cars cost even less than what one pays to buy from CSD. Is this again fair?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks