Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 11:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?

pics courtesy of KGP photography and autoblog.com, we now have the most revealing pics of suzuki's upcoming kizashi sedan near Germany's nurburgring circuit.

Whether coming to India or not is not known, even if it does, Maruti has its work cut out. The camry and accord are doing good numbers, something even Hyundai is finding it difficult with its sonata.

the big queston-judging by the final looks till now, even if it ge launched in India, will customers warm up to the "Rs 13-15 lakh suzuki"?

or will camry and accord have nothing to worry about? let the battle begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?-01_kizashi_10_kgp.jpg  

Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?-02_kizashi_10_kgp.jpg  

Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?-03_kizashi_10_kgp.jpg  

Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?-04_kizashi_10_kgp.jpg  

Kizashi partly revealed-Can Maruti (suzuki) pull it off in the D-segment?-05_kizashi_10_kgp.jpg  

Old 29th October 2008, 11:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

This car is also expected with an all new 2.0 ltr diesel motor that Suzuki is reported to be developing since long. Also there are news about 2.5 ltr diesel and 3.6 ltr V6 petrol. The petrol will be off from present generation Grand Vitara XL-7 ( basically a GM motor, produced by Suzuki under license ).

I am pinning my hopes on 2.0 ltr diesel. However, I dont think this car is targetting Camry or Accord, but rather it is targetting Corolla, Civic, Jetta and Laura segment. May be this car can do well against Cruze that is surely coming to India. Suzuki has to be very fast. I think Suzuki must reveal the details on all motors that are coming in this car.
Old 29th October 2008, 11:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Can someone PS it to a single colour with all the graphics removed?
Old 29th October 2008, 11:39   #4
BHPian

I really dont see an resemblance to the concept car that was unveiled. I somehow dont like the look of this. The concept car was really stunning and this is not so great
Old 29th October 2008, 11:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is a Hypnotising car or has this descended from Land of Maoris with Moko all over it?
Old 29th October 2008, 12:06   #6
BHPian

Will Suzuki known for it's small cars, be able to pull customers from Toyota, Honda and others for this car? Really not sure.

Thiyags
Old 29th October 2008, 12:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

nice pics.. looks like grown up SX 4, actually Suzuki can shape up the facelifted headlights of the current SX 4 like these too to match the line up..

I am sure this is going to be a big hit if launched on time and priced properly in the Civic-Corolla Segment.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

The headlamps look more Passat like. I feel it'll sell well if launched in India in the 12-16 lakh bracket. We all assumed that SX4 at 8 lakhs would not sell. It did sell. Suzuki is slowly evolving and I am sure this will sell.

The doors look like the Laura to me.

Last edited by amtak : 29th October 2008 at 12:19.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:41   #9
BHPian

Thats a nice looking car. The headlights especially looks good. It is at least comparable to the concept model, as compared to the A-star which was altogether a different car in flesh.

If they get the pricing right and have the 2 ltr diesel, this is a sure hit
Old 29th October 2008, 12:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ummmm...nothing shattering there in terms of looks. FX45 is bang on. Feels like another SX4 on steroids. Tho not bad at all, nothing really fresh about it. The grill reminds me of nissan altima/maxima.

I agree with Swami. Doesn't look like a car pinned against Accord/Camry. Definitely against the likes of civic/jetta/corolla/laura in the 12lac segment. Going by Maruti's history for providing more bang for the buck, this one should be a strong contender.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

No reason why it cant pull in India. If the Koreans can sell Sonata, why not this? My serious suggestion would be "not to produce this car in India, get it as a SKD or CBU like Vitara" Makes it a better buy for the exclusive factor.
Once the car starts to get more desirable, start local production which would make the price more competitive.

I dont think the Accord or the Camry will be worried as the car doesnt look like it can be slotted in that category unless it comes in CBU route. More closer to the Civic or Embera's range.

Bold step for Suzuki to grow up. Disappointed with the looks just like the Astar. Like I have always said, Concepts will remain concepts.
Old 29th October 2008, 13:50   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont believe Maruti will ever do well in the segments beyond C+ irrespective of how VFM their cars might be in those segments. They have the same public image that Hyundai does - which is as a manufacturer of low-cost cars for the masses and not as a badge to be seen in while drawing into that exclusive club in your city.
Old 29th October 2008, 13:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the way it looks. I think Suzuki will do just fine with a higher-end product in India. There is tremendous goodwill and faith in the brand.
Old 29th October 2008, 13:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

OT: If Hyundai would have come Skoda way, from big cars to small cars, they would have a different brand image. But, Hyundai came like a small car manufacturer and that's why they are unable to sell big cars. Same thing with Maruti.

Top down approach = Skoda
Bottom up Approach = Maruti/Hyundai
Old 29th October 2008, 14:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

A couple of dealer guys here made a passing comment, that I could possibly exchange my Baleno sometime early 2010 with the Kizashi ...

They seemed pretty confident that the car would be launched here. Could be pure speculation/sales-speak too, since they did not divulge any source.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks