Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 12:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

I doubt that our Indian customers will accept this as a premium segment sedan as they did this to Hyundai Sonata inspite of having a diesel version.

We look for brand value when they spend 20 odds on the MARUTI inspite of the best A.S.S.
What say lads?

Last edited by Ramsagar : 20th October 2009 at 13:06.
Old 26th October 2009, 08:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

Kizashi is officially launched in Japan, the car hits the road on Oct 21st. Considering the Swift launch which was within months after the international launch, I think at Auto Expo we can expect this car to be launched in India, hopefully. IIRC, India is probably the biggest market for Suzuki.

Source : 2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Launched in Japan

Article :

Quote:
Suzuki has officially launched the all-new Suzuki Kizashi sedan in Japan. The car hit the showroom floor earlier in the week.

With a 2.4-liter, 180+ horsepower engine, the sedan gets enough power to provide enough quickness for a daily driver. The engine produces a maximum of 230 Nm of torque, meaning the sprint time will certainly be good enough for the morning commute. Intelligent all-wheel drive is also available for "smooth off-the-line acceleration and great cornering performance."

Suzuki also focused on keeping the cabin quiet. Dual-exhaust silencers and sound absorption material was used to make the ride more pleasant.

Those in Japan wanting to purchase a new Suzuki Kizashi can head to a dealership. Sales should begin in the United States within the next few weeks.

Press Release

Suzuki Motor Corporation is putting the all-new Kizashi sedan on sale in Japan on 21 October.

The Kizashi is Suzuki's new flagship model. It offers bold, sporty styling; a refined cabin that's the result of careful craftsmanship; equipment that reflects a focus on comfort; and exhilarating performance. Plus, it combines sporty handling with great ride comfort thanks to extensive testing and fine-tuning on roads in Europe and North America.

"Kizashi" is a Japanese word meaning "a sign of great things to come". As the name of Suzuki's new flagship model, it reflects the dynamic, forward-looking approach with which Suzuki takes up new automaking challenges.

Suzuki plans to launch the Kizashi in the United States after launching it in Japan.

Features of the Kizashi

Bold and sporty styling

* Contours that include taut shoulder lines running from the headlamps to the rear combination lamps express power befitting a car of the Kizashi's class.
* The rear deck is contoured for both aerodynamics and aesthetics.

Refined interior design

* Features including an exquisitely designed centre console and satin-finish chrome-plated details convey both sportiness and craftsmanship in the cabin.

High performance

* The J24B 2.4-litre engine delivers maximum output of 138kW (188PS) and maximum torque of 230N•m (23.5kg•m). A variable intake system and dual mufflers contribute to superior intake and exhaust efficiency.
* Where four-wheel drive is specified, it's delivered by an intelligent all-wheel drive (i-AWD) system that realizes smooth off-the-line acceleration and great cornering performance. Plus, a synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts on the i-AWD system and electric power steering system to suppress body movements and keep the car stable. (Where two-wheel drive is specified, the synergetic vehicle dynamics control system acts only on the power-steering system.)

Outstanding quietness

* Sound-absorbing and -insulating measures throughout the body promote quietness while allowing the body to be optimally light.
* High-capacity dual exhaust silencers suppress unpleasant low-frequency booming noise and realize a pleasant exhaust note.

Note: All information on features pertains to the Japan-specification Kizashi. Specifications may differ for individual markets.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th October 2009 at 08:43.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:06   #108
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, it's been a year since Sid's initial scoop / intro to Kizashi. Will the India launch happen with the global launch?

Will they change the name with it comes to India?
Old 26th October 2009, 15:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I doubt that our Indian customers will accept this as a premium segment sedan as they did this to Hyundai Sonata inspite of having a diesel version.

We look for brand value when they spend 20 odds on the MARUTI inspite of the best A.S.S.
What say lads?
Yea i agree, its the brand value or image that matters in the 10 lakh rupee+ segment.

I feel Maruti should launch a premium branding for their higher end cars, SX4 and above, akin to Toyota and their Lexus brand. IMHO this will help a lot
Old 26th October 2009, 16:48   #110
aby
BHPian

Should Maruti launch a separate brand for premium cars in India. I say Yes if they want to make a dent into market now ruled by Corollas and Civics and an Occasional Lauras.

From the specs this is a top notch car. The big question is will Maruti bring the car to India via the CBU route like they did with Grand Vitara or will they assemble it in India. In case they do, will they go the CKD route or go for very high localization. The three questions will basically determine the price.

But given a choice between spending 13-15L on a Honda/Toyota and spending the same amount on a Maruti, I think the Indian customer will not think twice, notwithstanding the quality of the cars.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:34   #111
BHPian

Suzuki Finally Gets SeriousSecond Opinions

Word doesn't travel fast when you're a small-time player, but the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi has been a labor of love some four years in the making. It is by far the most important car Suzuki has ever launched in the United States.

Although compact cars rule most parts of the world, midsize sedans will make or break you in the U.S. market. So when the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi goes on sale in December, the American outpost of Suzuki has an opportunity to reinvent itself from scratch. The company has never had a presence in the midsize sedan class. That is, unless you count the short-lived Verona, a rebadged sedan from the Korean market.
Maybe you don't want to take the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi seriously, either. (Oh, that name.) So you'll just have to go for a drive in one. And make sure it's a back road with some tight corners. Do this for an hour and you get the feeling that Suzuki's chassis development engineers get real joy out of driving and they've tuned a midsize sedan for those of us who feel the same.

Read the full road test:

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS Full Test
Old 8th November 2009, 21:32   #112
BHPian

India Lanuch

When I was watching car and bike show on NDTV. As per them car will launch in India around Mid 2010 with price range of 9 to 11 lakh I think at this price range maurti have good car to make a point in above 10+ lakh category.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:06   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
When I was watching car and bike show on NDTV. As per them car will launch in India around Mid 2010 with price range of 9 to 11 lakh I think at this price range maurti have good car to make a point in above 10+ lakh category.
I really doubt that most probably it'll be priced between 12-15L. The Kizashi competes against the Accord and the Camry internationally, so in India you can expect it to compete against the Civic/Corolla.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:27   #114
Team-BHP Support

it needs to be priced well. ACI looked at it in the Tokyo show and commented that like the Grand Vitara - interiors are not up tp standard
Old 9th November 2009, 02:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
price range of 9 to 11 lakh
SX4 AT has already entered the 9L bracket.
Old 9th November 2009, 06:43   #116
BHPian

2.4 litre engine for 9-11 lacs. no chance.the price of the car will be around 15-17 lacs is my guess
Old 9th November 2009, 14:32   #117
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

pricing would be dependent on locallization levels, if they do something like the grand vitara they will outprice themselves, else they may price it lower than the sonanta transform and do well with the maruti assurance. So a target price of about 11-13L can be expected however if they breach 10L the indian consumer wont complain and they could very well break the back all the so called premium brands.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:48   #118

I'm loving the looks of this car!
Its like they finally got the SX4 right. As the unnecessary bulges are gone, the refined/mature look should come at a premium I guess.

Any idea on the pricing?
Old 16th December 2009, 14:56   #119
Senior - BHPian

I generally have an inbuilt annoyance against Marutis.

But the Kizashi has been a pleasant suprise. The international reviews so far have applauded the car for its quality and dynamics. Most of them have compared the cars handling to the 3 series. The top end model also comes with 4 wheel drive. Suzuki decided not to take the safe route like the Accord/Camry and create over sized and soft sprung cars but instead aimed at creating a drivers car which they very much have. The design is clean as well, its taut, little overhangs, no unecessary creases and bumps, thankfully very little chrome.

But its very much a forgone conclusion that this car will not sell much in India, CBU or otherwise. Firstly the Kizashi is not and will not be cheap. It will definitely be priced on par if not higher than the Accord, even if its assembled here. From whatever info is available so far it deserves to be.

Unfortunately very few folks in India would pay above 8 lacs for a Suzuki badge and the biggest achilles heel is that Suzuki dont have a Diesel, and now any cooperation with Fiat regarding this would be put on hold since the VW stake and it will take a lot more time before a VW diesel is paired with a Kizashi.

Its a pity for what otherwise is a superb car.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Unfortunately very few folks in India would pay above 8 lacs for a Suzuki badge and the biggest achilles heel is that Suzuki dont have a Diesel, and now any cooperation with Fiat regarding this would be put on hold since the VW stake and it will take a lot more time before a VW diesel is paired with a Kizashi.

Its a pity for what otherwise is a superb car.
1) If it is costing above Rs. 10-11 lakh OTR, this car will not sell. No chances and this is because of the badge. The reason why Baleno did not sell and the reason why SX4 cannot take competition to Honda City is badge.
So anything above 10-11 lakhs will be a failure in any case with Suzuki "S" logo on front.

2) VW-Suzuki deal. Lets assume that Suzuki Kizashi is available with 2.0 ltr. CRDI mill from Passat. I am assuming 2.0 mill instead of 1.9 from Jetta because VW being "DAS Auto " will give its best to Suzuki.

Now Kizashi will be priced at around Rs 12 lakh with 2.0 CRDi mill. What cars it will hit ? corolla, Civic. But the bigggest loser will be Laura and jetta. I am assuming that with diesel this car can get success. Add to that people perception of Suzuki being cheaper to own will add to number for Kizashi.

Do you think that VW will even give an engine to Suzuki so that Suzuki can put its car against Jetta and Laura ?

Even GV will not get the CRDi mill. Imagine GV with 140 hp, 2.0 D unit. It can be a very competitive product again priced in Rs. 15 lakh range which will be in Jetta's price band.

I have earlier stated that VW-Suzuki deal was a loser deal for Suzuki. Suzuki is not going to get anything out of it.

With Suzuki being now in control of dominant VW, I thing Kizashi will never see Indian light. It will be head on with Laura and Jetta which VW will not like. Forget diesel Kizashi, even petrol remains a distant possibility.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th December 2009 at 15:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks