Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2005, 08:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

oh well,........about time. If they cant do it properly, then they shouldnt waste time and money doing it.
Old 3rd April 2005, 08:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great cars but, poor management...... thats the story with Fiat. With the kind of management they've shown in a decade...... they didn't deserve to stay any longer. I guess, like many other BHPians, I'll surely miss the Palios and the Petras.
Old 3rd April 2005, 09:36   #18
BHPian

Bad news , really bad news.
I was on the verge of buyng a petra, now i think i'll wait a while. somehow , i fell in love with the petra and the formula red Palio sport .
Old 3rd April 2005, 19:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Although I had decided on buying a Petra, I think now I'll hold on until the web site come up. In this day and age if a car company doesn't understand the importance of having a web site, how clueless is this company?

When I am ready to buy if the website is not up, I am looking elsewhere.
Old 3rd April 2005, 21:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
When I am ready to buy if the website is not up, I am looking elsewhere.
Why website dude...just check out other cars now...forget the website
Old 3rd April 2005, 22:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

yeah...pretty soon you wont be seeing cars on the road no more....and esp when you pass by a FIAT showroom and see the boards being pulled down...!!!

they are closing shop
Old 3rd April 2005, 23:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

Right after I made my comment about Fiat website, I was informed that I can go ahead with my car purchase this month right after filing my tax returns. I'll discuss my new dilemma in a new thread.
Old 4th April 2005, 08:39   #23

Looks like GTO is at his best again. Reading too much out of Fiat...too early.

He promptly provided the news on mktg,dealer devt people leaving Fiat, but conveniently ignored the earlier article of Citigroup,ICICI venture or Hinduja's getting into the marketing, dealership & service network of Fiat India. If this happens -

a) Fiat will only limit itself to manufacture cars in India
b) New venture to take care of dealership,marketing and service

With this the resignations (read sacking) looks logical, ain't it?
Old 4th April 2005, 10:19   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like GTO is at his best again. Reading too much out of Fiat...too early.
This blind faith is cracking me up! If theres anything, we have been reading too little too late. And for those who insist on missing the boat....

Quote:
He promptly provided the news on mktg,dealer devt people leaving Fiat, but conveniently ignored the earlier article of Citigroup,ICICI venture or Hinduja's getting into the marketing, dealership & service network of Fiat India. If this happens -
If this happens? If only new Mercedes' were as reliable as Toyotas. If only we had 6 lane freeways over Mumbai city. If only Speed93 cost 10 bucks to a liter.

What I have stated is facts and actual events that have transpired. The only defence I see is what "COULD" happen, and "IF's".

Its simply this ignorance that lets MNC's come to India and fleece the public. I mean, a company is doing nothing about having a defunct market image, a dead website, a dead sales network, pathetic sales and service experience and a <1% market share. And they still have a miniscule amount of supporters?

Maruti, Hyundai and Tata, despite being way ahead, are working harder! All of us love the Palio and Petra. But remember, there is a distinction between the Italian products and the Indian management.

GTO

P.S. : You have missed providing the article of Citigroup/ICICI too!
Old 4th April 2005, 10:21   #25
BANNED

These so called top executives were doing nothing..its better they are gone..Probably they are thrown out!! its good any way..let some young guys with basic sense come in.

I think, FIAT Spa wants all non performing execs to be out of FIAT India, before they chart out new revival strategy..with Hinduja or ICICI venture?

Who knows these execs were taking money from competitors for not being aggressive..If they would have been aggressive, Palio will sell more & its competitors may suffer!!

GTO..do you have some problem if FIAT revives?
Old 4th April 2005, 10:26   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hasopi,

I would be only too happy to see that situation because I love their cars.

But I DO have a problem with the approach that Fiat has had yet.

GTO
Old 4th April 2005, 10:39   #27
BHPian

reading most of the posts here gives me the impression that most of you are happy to see FIAT is going!!...what the heck are you guys gloating about??...driving your silly korian cars...sorry about that i own a palio and i love this car!
Old 4th April 2005, 10:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

I guess it's only natural for owners to stick up for their purchases! But Anoop, nobody here is criticising the product, only it's management.

BTW, I stick by my statement in the other thread, I still don't feel FIAT will pull out of India.
Old 4th April 2005, 11:05   #29
BHPian

yep rtech, we are hoping for the best...a good car like this does not deserve this shoddy treatment by both the management and their crappy dealers.
Old 4th April 2005, 11:23   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anoops,

Exactly my point : The products do not deserve the treatment they have received from their parents! Fiat has been in India for close to a decade now, and they have done a fantastic job of botching everything up : From the marketing to service, from managing dealerships to their image.

What excatly are Fiat doing to improve their situation? Introducing so called help lines which are either not answered or have unknowledgeable staff? I upgraded Team-BHP in 3 weeks from being off-line. We are now in the 3rd month and yet have no Fiat website. It just indicates how pro-active Fiat India is about their operations...I mean, it is the online face of the company and how much they really care!

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks