Team-BHP - Brand new Sonata S20 for 10 laks onroad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Brand new Sonata S20 for 10 laks onroad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4827-brand-new-sonata-s20-10-laks-onroad.html)

Hi All

Just read the car prices in the Times Drive ( supplement with the Times Of India) in Mumbai.

The Sonata prices shocked me

Model / Base Price / Reg / Ins

S20 / 9.30 / 34k / 43k
2.7 V6 / 11.75 / 44k / 51k

People , note that the S20 is cheaper than the Elantra GLS (petrol)

Man , this is surely a great deal, much better deal than what I used to think when the Baleno was made available for 6 laks

Its more than worth every penny spent on it.

I think the prices are so low as they want to bring the new Sonata
What the heck , I even today prefer the elegant looks of the Sonata.

What more can one ask for 10 laks ?

Do you really think inspite of this the Sonata will sell ?

2 - 3 months back sonata s20 was selling for 9 lakhs on road mumbai after a discount of 300k but still it did not manage to get any buyers

I agree that still it isnt going to sell
But my point was , isnt it more than worth every penny ignoring the depreciation.

Given a choice, I would pick up the Sonata over the Elantra. But given a broader choice - I wouldnt go for either.

Not a bad deal for those who want maximum flash for the buck.

GTO

Surprisingly low prices. This could lead to an initial hike in sales but i doubt that the Sonata has enough to remain competetive in the D segment market.

Its starting to look sillier by the day as more and more people have started seeing some of thre contemporary designs that Hyundai shamelessly copied. Now very few people like the Sonata. It is passe.

I doubt it'll sell anymore, it simply doesnt even stand close to the competition(read as Skoda).

Still wouldnt buy an imitation Jag...and from what I've seen of the new Sonata its a real mongrel - shades of the New Accord, the Camry and the A4 are visible to any trained eye.

Wonder if they will ever learn from lil sister Kia who have shown more originality in their designs.

BTW, I saw a Santro look-alike called the Kia Picanto on the streets here. IMHO, it looks better than the Santro from which it is clearly derived.

Cheers

Steer

Maybe there are discounts on the reduced price too.
Wont mind buying it but petrol prices are really scary now and that gulps down alot of petrol..

thats just to clear out all the old sonata stock
me waiting for the new sonata to get released,
will eaily get good sonatas for 4l imo.

When a newer version is coming out , thats the time to buy the previous generation as they go with hugge discounts a couple of months before hand. Thats what i did with my accord ;-) 11 lakhs for a v6 sonata is not bad at all, not a personal choice i wouldnt ever pick it up jsut coz its a hyundai but for people that are open to it i think its a steal.The v6 will keep u up with other d-segment 4 cyl cars :-P

the older sonata according to me is much better looking than the new one to be launched , and at 11 lakhs and a little more nego. i would have maybe bought the v6 was to buy a car around that budget , but then again would have to just keep it parked due to the rising fuel prices , lolz !

manson .