Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 17:25   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
aha, so Ford has heeded this thread!
They have gone ahead and done killer pricing, especially since I`m sure the 5.19 will become 5L very soon due to discounts.
Now atleast some taxiwallahs will surely buy, considering that the Dezire waiting period will probably drive them out of business!

Anyone thats driven both the Dzire Diesel and the Fiesta Diesel? How do they compare?
HI

5.19 is the ex showroom prices in Delhi, I am sure in few months when the honey moon period is over this would become the OTR including the discounts and everything.
I was planning for SX4 by Mar 2009, but no ways i will go that, it will be Ikon 1.4

Amit
Old 6th November 2008, 17:34   #152
BHPian

I own a Swift and I agree it's no small car (width wise), it needs a very similar space of say a Honda city to navigate thru traffic or cutting thru lines, IMO an iKon would be better to wade thru traffic. The boot of the Swift is pathetic, I curse this everytime I gotto go on a long distance. I'm also sure iKon would have a better build, fit/finish than the Swift. The saving grace for the Swift would be the torquey engine, A.$.$ (but not any gr8) and the resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
GeekSrik, you've been all around the forum, and Bangalore trying to damp your Swift.

Test drive an Ikon, and you would realize that compared to the Swift, the difficulties to take it around town arent very different, if thats the main criteria. On the plus side, you can lug around a lot more stuff in the process while at it, with the Ikon.

Not that i think the Swift VDi is a bad buy, i love that car, but just to provide a perspective from the other side as well.
Old 6th November 2008, 18:56   #153
BHPian

I thought of buying SX4 or Logan for (Diesel) Now its Ickon, its VFM and also has the best rear seats.

One of my friend tested and says its more pepeier and gives more mileage than fiesta bcz of less weight compared to it.
Old 6th November 2008, 20:05   #154
Senior - BHPian

The diesel has improved a lot.

The old Ikon diesel i think used to produce 58bhp from a 1.8ltr engine. This does 66bhp from just 1.4.

Even the torque at 160nm seems more than enough for this chassis.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 6th November 2008 at 20:07.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:32   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I thought of buying SX4 or Logan for (Diesel) Now its Ickon, its VFM and also has the best rear seats.

One of my friend tested and says its more pepeier and gives more mileage than fiesta bcz of less weight compared to it.
I think buying a SX4 would be a better then going for Ford Ikon. The looks of SX4 are way far batter then Ikon.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:48   #156
BHPian

Quote:

If you like driving, I would recommend Ikon any day (especially over the SX4). The feel through the steering and chassis is something cars thrice the price fail to offer... (IMHO that is...)
Old 6th November 2008, 22:22   #157
BHPian

[quote=tarunmadhok;1043631]I think buying a SX4 would be a better then going for Ford Ikon. The looks of SX4 are way far batter then Ikon.

What iam trying to say is Diesel Ikon is more VFM comparing to SX4 even though SX4 looks are better and fully equipped, bcz of running cost & the difference of two lakhs, it all varies according to once money power and taste
Old 6th November 2008, 23:14   #158
BHPian

Quote:

SX4 is a different class of vehicle with lot more features. And is VFM in its class. You can not compare it with the Ikon. Logan and Ikon will be comparable - each has its pros and cons.
Old 6th November 2008, 23:47   #159
BANNED

Guys, what between the Ikon and the Accent is the better vehicle from a fun-to-drive and comfort aspect (not considering rear seat comfort)?

Anyone aware of the ex-showroom price of the new petrol Ikon in Mumbai?

Last edited by luvjascha : 6th November 2008 at 23:48.
Old 7th November 2008, 01:50   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

@luvjascha: We owned 2 Ikon 1.6's in the family.
Parents loved the back seat and everyone else loved the driving characteristics.
After we bought our first Ikon, dad was so impressed that he replaced our esteem with another Ikon the following year.
I would vote for the Ikon because:
Much more fun to drive than the Accent
Better looking (my opinion)
Much more rugged suspension (our Ikon's suspenstion was shot after 1L+ of extreme useage and it was still fun to drive. Also, have had friends do stupid things to their Ikon and without the Ikon complaining at all)
Engine is much more responsive (The 1.3 Rocam. These engines sound super as well)
Much better rear seat comfort.

The accent however has a softer suspension set up which makes it more comfortable though less fun to drive. Also has better interiors.
However, I would pick the Ikon anyday!
Old 7th November 2008, 07:39   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Guys, what between the Ikon and the Accent is the better vehicle from a fun-to-drive and comfort aspect (not considering rear seat comfort)?
Fun to drive? - The IKON anyday!
Even rear seat comfort is better than Accent.

Last edited by Path_Finder : 7th November 2008 at 07:41.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:44   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Anyone aware of the ex-showroom price of the new petrol Ikon in Mumbai?
luvjascha, to get the exact details on the pricing in Mumbai, it would be better to call up the Ford dealer in Mumbai. You could also fix up a test drive in the process.

These are the dealer details for Mumbai, which i got from the Ford India website.

Quote:
Mumbai

Shaman Ford
Bombay Gas Compound
Lalbaugh
Mumbai-400012
Ph: 022-24718181 ,56641919.
Fax: 022-24718282
Email: shamanworkshop@hotmail.com fordservice@teamshaman.com

Shaman Ford
Ground Floor, Sumer Apartments,
Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabhadevi - Dadar,
Mumbai-400025
Ph: 022-24228282/8383
Fax: 022-24227272
Email: fordsales@teamshaman.com

SC Ford
Autoland, Excel Compound, opp.
Inorbit Mall, Off New Link Road,
Goregaon(W), Mumbai -400062
Ph:022-67614444

SC Ford
Dheeraj Sagar,opp.Goregaon Sports
Club, New Link Road , Malad (W),
Mumbai - 400064
Ph:022-67613333
Email: sales@scford.net,

Navi Mumbai

Bhavna FordPlot No. 45, Sector 13,
Near Uranphata,
Nerul East,New Mumbai -400706
Ph:(022) 27700607 / 27721699
Email: bhavnafordservice@gmail.com

Bhavna Ford
Sector 13, Besides D.Y.Patil Stadium,Nr
Essar Petrol Pump ,Uran phata, Neerul
(E),Navi Mumbai -400706
Ph:(022) 27700607 /9967624273/4
Old 7th November 2008, 09:12   #163
BHPian

The older 1.8D was a lethargic NA crappy engine, while the current version is on a common rail with great efficiency, peppy, a lot better NVH and driveability. I'm sure the TDCi unit would be a lot cheaper to own and run than the 1.8D. Trust me, the 1.8D used to sound and drive like a truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The diesel has improved a lot.

The old Ikon diesel i think used to produce 58bhp from a 1.8ltr engine. This does 66bhp from just 1.4.

Even the torque at 160nm seems more than enough for this chassis.

Shan2nu
Old 7th November 2008, 09:18   #164
tez
BHPian

Is the Ikon TDCI engine same as fiesta TDCi? I have this doubt because then fiesta seems overpriced with almost 2 lac price difference between base model fiesta and ikon. My guess is that the engine would have been slightly detuned? Can somebody confirm?
Old 7th November 2008, 09:57   #165
BHPian

I set out to buy a car early last year (1st one for me), following was the sequence of trying to decide between -- Alto > Wagon R > Palio 1.6 Petrol > Palio MultiJet > Swift Diesel.

Moved from a petrol to diesel because of fuel prices predominantly and after test driving the 1.3 JTD, I discovered diesel.

Here is the catch ... Wifey wants to buy a car with a boot, hates the Swift... and I need a Diesel (Common Rail) so I could munch kilometers without having to worry on burning a hole at the fuel station.

Seems like the new Ikon will be a great bet with a 5.44 lacs Ex showroom price tag .. will be test driving soon.

My running may not be very high (approx 800-100km p.m. max), but heart still says go for it.

Your views people

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks