Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 07:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Average looks. But still the Remote Book Release is not available as standard. Seems we have to fit it separately.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:26   #32
BHPian

Sid - As always, great work!!!

Average looking and specificially targetting the taxi segment IMHO, I bet this to be priced below 6.5L to compete Logan and Indigo.

I thought they would plonk the TDCi in the 1.6 Nxt avathar, used to love its exteriors! The front was definitely much better looking.
Old 4th November 2008, 09:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I think looks like a good package. Like karan said if the diesel is around 6.5 then it will do very well. I'm sure the reason why ford skipped on the airbags and abs is to keep the ikon tdci in a lower segment then the fiesta. Other wise it would start eating on the fiesta's sales figures. Just a thought.

Well Maybe they didnt wanna do what Dzire did to SX4 for Maruti , but now since more buyers are putting safety on the priority i think it should be available standard even if it gets a lil expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I might sound absurd, but then this is too much an effort from ford to keep the Ikon going for a couple of more years. Sure the overall car is good, but at the same time very dated.

Well i would agree with you here. I expected more changes. The interiors look a tad dull IMO. For that segment it s decent, but could have been better.What Ikon has going is great handling and rear bench. I hope spares rate will be reasonable. Ford should have done some more changes to keep this car alive for atleast 4-5 years.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:09   #34
BHPian

Some improvements over the current Ikon in terms of aesthetics and features no doubt. Also, with same 1.4 Duratorq engine which powers the diesel Fiesta, this engine can prove to be more responsive and fuel economical while doing duty on the Ikon because the Ikon has a lesser dead weight than the Fiesta.

However, I am amazed that Ford is offering alloys but not tubeless tyres ?? This seems a step back to the past. Moreover, the absence of a rear defogger really irks me as in a country like ours with long and heavy monsoons, a rear defogger should be standard in all cars....how much more would it cost the manufacturer ??

Anyway, I guess this now paves the way for the excellent 1.6 Duratorq to be launched in the Fiesta thus sounding the deathknell for the diesel Verna ??

Last edited by samirsarkar : 4th November 2008 at 10:10.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:15   #35
BHPian

I have a feeling that Ford will price this contraption in Swift VDi or Dzire LDI territory. Otherwise it will be difficult for them to pull away customers from DZire which offers more equipments.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:33   #36
BHPian

Great Job Sid,

If new Ikon is coming with 1.4L TDCI then ford must be working out to introduce 1.6LTDCi for Fiesta.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:36   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, let us see this car for what it is : a facelift & an attempt to stretch it's life a little more till they give us a new model in 2010.

Considering it's not a new model, we need to consider if the overall looks are sufficiently good. While this can be subjective, I feel it is fine. Looks a fresh, and gives us a good alternative to the currently available options.

What's important is the 1.4 TDCi, bringing together two proven units - a proven engine in a proven car. This should be a good package.

But for the petrol version - how much more will Ford charge for what is essential minor changes - a new front bumper, a new instrument console, newer brakes, and an electronic throttle.

These items are not new additions - it's not like the car comes without brakes. It's in Ford's own intrest to give newer versions. They can't be charging customers for fresh looks of essential parts of a car, right ?
Old 4th November 2008, 10:40   #38
BHPian

Its the best drivers car with a decent ride. So let us forget that it is old and only think about how driveable it is. Such a car will have many takers given the fact that it is diesel and affordable now. It is the ticket for those who missed it in its first 'avatar' .
Old 4th November 2008, 11:46   #39
evo
BHPian

Brilliant piece of NEWS FIRST!

Thank you for getting these brochures up before the hoi polloi (non tbhp) see it!

I dont understand FORD, they do the front up well, a real facelift, not just a clear lens and grille change, but they leave the rear as it is! Not even a change in the tail lamp grid let alone a shape change. Bherrry strange.

I`m just hoping Ford has a killer price for it. They even have the all important "beige interiors" this time. (introduced a while ago though!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I think looks like a good package. Like karan said if the diesel is around 6.5 then it will do very well. I'm sure the reason why ford skipped on the airbags and abs is to keep the ikon tdci in a lower segment then the fiesta. Other wise it would start eating on the fiesta's sales figures. Just a thought.
6.5! I think more like 5 Lakhs! 6.5 is a crazy price for this ancient car.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th November 2008 at 12:58. Reason: see note in post
Old 4th November 2008, 11:56   #40
Team-BHP Support

5 laks for the diesel version ? You gotta be kidding me !! It will be not a rupee less than 6
Old 4th November 2008, 12:02   #41
BHPian

Great work Sid Sir.The Car looks good and instrument cluster also better than earlier ikon.There should have ABS as an option atleast.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:04   #42
BHPian

Brilliant work Sid cheers:. You are still the champian to get us the first 100% correct news.

I personally didnt liked the car much. The new facelift still show some age. Ford should completely revamp the car with all new design, engine and interiors. Minor facelift cant boost the sales except for Cab owners.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Finally some choice in this segment ! talking of looks - how many of you think the DZIRE, LOGAN, INDIGO look good - please raise your hands ! this IKON is definetly better looking than all of these " modern" designs

just hope FORD does not do some insane pricing and then starts dropping the prices much to the agony of existing owners
Old 4th November 2008, 12:06   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
an IKONic car, while having a ACCENTuated personality, that SWIFTly DZIREs to say TA TA to INDIGO and logoff the LOGAN-the new ford ikon tdci and 1.3 rocam.
Great Job SidI wonder you work fulltime in New Car Exclusive Preview Shows!

Great description but it's going to be a real tough job to convince the customers this time!

I love the Ikon for it's positives like great driving and seating (Rear Seats esp) comfort. FEW cars can offer both. But this one is toooo long in the tooth and the high maintenance cost history might scare buyers.

BTW don't expect any fully loaded version on the Ikon. Ford will want you to buy the Fiesta for that
Old 4th November 2008, 12:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
6.5! I think more like 5 Lakhs! 6.5 is a crazy price for this ancient car.
5 lakhs is too riduculously low!!!

The current Petrol Ikon is around 5.5 On road here in hyderabad, so it would around 6.1 to 6.3 Lakhs. Come on diesel cars always priced higher than petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks