Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 08:38   #121
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The only common point between the Fiesta and the Ikon is the engine.
The Platform is completely new if I am not mistaken. Also, the fiesta offers more comfort and better interiors, newer looks newer whatnot.
I definitely think it is worth it, though a 1.6 TDCi would be nice too!
Actually the Ikon, Fiesta & Fusion, all share the same platform. I do agree on the interiors and better comfort, but the price different (about 2 lakhs) tells me that Fiesta is overpriced, unless otherwise they bring out the 1.6 TDCi at the same price of the current Fiesta (or increase the price a little but provide ABS, Airbag as standard in all the versions)
Old 6th November 2008, 08:48   #122
BHPian

the car will make a good Fleet car.
The diesel version will make a good car for Taxi operators and as a Police (not Highway Police though)
If I were Ford I would come up with a cheaper basic version of the car and market it to the big "Dial a Taxi" operators coming up in big cities and to various government departments.
This way it would not harm the Ikon brand value / image as much as selling it to your everyday small taxi operators as the Big taxi companies have well trained and dressed staff.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:33   #123
BHPian

new ford icon launched at the price of Rs 5.19 Lacs Ex showroom Delhi

Guys , The new Ford Icon has been launched with fiesta engine 1.4 tcdi with price band of Rs 5.19 lac Ex showroom New Delhi.

Could you guys help me decide between swift vdi or Icon tdci in respect of quality, service and value for money

Thanks

Mohit
Old 6th November 2008, 10:17   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
phamilyman : I am very pissed. ... Just about a month too late :(
@Phamilyman, you knew the Ikon TDCi was coming, didn't you ?
Old 6th November 2008, 10:23   #125
BHPian

The car looks good according to me and do not mind the A.S.S as i have been using the fiesta for a year and the service in bombay is highly satisfactory.
I was on a lookout for a hatchback for city use and a diesel of course.
I was eyering the swift vdi for a very long time but now since the Ford has introduced the ikon tdci I will definitely try it and see how it fares.
I wonder if the FE is more than the Fiesta, can anyone throw some light on this.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:29   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmanaktala View Post
Guys , The new Ford Icon has been launched with fiesta engine 1.4 tcdi with price band of Rs 5.19 lac Ex showroom New Delhi.

Could you guys help me decide between swift vdi or Icon tdci in respect of quality, service and value for money

Thanks

Mohit
I guess Ikon TDCI makes a more sensible buy. Though both -Swift Vdi & Ikon are solidly built, still at the end of the day you will feel sorry about driving a two box car in case of swift. The swift is costlier too..
Old 6th November 2008, 10:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

Had to visit Chennai Ford to service my car. Got a chance to look at the New Ikon.

Looks good in flesh. The rear door issue looks fixed to me. The interiors are neat compared to its previous versions.

I am taking a TD of the TDCi today evening. Will update my reviews on the car!
Old 6th November 2008, 10:39   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks

Mohit
The Ikon with the TDCi heart would be much better.

1. You get a Sedan
2. Amazing rear seat comfort
3. The best driver's car in this segment, thanks to the razor sharp steering!
4. Quality of built. My car is around 4 years old and I am yet to hear a rattle!
5. The spare parts are slightly expensive.
6. I never had issues with the A.S.S side. Have been servicing my car from Metro Ford, Bangalore and Chennai Ford, Chennai. Both have done good job so far.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:49   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks

Mohit

Ikon TDCI surely makes more sense if you looking for VFM. Service- Ford has still some scope of improvement. Maruti wins hands down in A.S.S and resale. The wait period would be less compared to Swift for Ikon TDCI.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:17   #130
BHPian

Even though Ford is targetting the Ikon TDCi for the taxi segment, I'm guessing it will bomb in that market as the fleet have found their flavor with the ultra spacious Logan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
the car will make a good Fleet car.
The diesel version will make a good car for Taxi operators and as a Police (not Highway Police though)
If I were Ford I would come up with a cheaper basic version of the car and market it to the big "Dial a Taxi" operators coming up in big cities and to various government departments.
This way it would not harm the Ikon brand value / image as much as selling it to your everyday small taxi operators as the Big taxi companies have well trained and dressed staff.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:32   #131
BHPian

First of all, congrats to Ford. They keep proving that they know a thing or two about facelifting.

This car should definitely be a zippy city runner, if it can replicate the behavior of TDCi Fiesta.

I do see lot of TDCi fiestas in Bangalore, so hope to see even more TDCi Ikons.

We might also see the magic of reduced waiting period for Dezire (spelling right?). Competition can do wonders, even to Maruti
Old 6th November 2008, 12:19   #132
Senior - BHPian

hey akash

I disagree with you! I think the entire 6.2 lacs i ve spent on my swift is well worth it. living in bangalore, and owning a real hot hatch, I ve been able to wade through traffic conditions better than in any sedan with my swift. Its so easy to manouvre, its short turning radius is a boon and its nimbleness cannot be matched by indica vista, or the palio MJD.

The sedan with the boot is not meant to be driven crazily. its a different ball game to manouvre and park a sedan in bangalore compared to a swift. if ford ikon diesel were to sport abs/airbags, i would have wholeheartedly recommended it, but thats not the case. add to that the fact that maruti anyday is good at service stuff. and you must get your answer!

but then to each his own car!
peace
Old 6th November 2008, 12:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hey akash

I disagree with you! I think the entire 6.2 lacs i ve spent on my swift is well worth it. living in bangalore, and owning a real hot hatch, I ve been able to wade through traffic conditions better than in any sedan with my swift. Its so easy to manouvre, its short turning radius is a boon and its nimbleness cannot be matched by indica vista, or the palio MJD.

The sedan with the boot is not meant to be driven crazily. its a different ball game to manouvre and park a sedan in bangalore compared to a swift. if ford ikon diesel were to sport abs/airbags, i would have wholeheartedly recommended it, but thats not the case. add to that the fact that maruti anyday is good at service stuff. and you must get your answer!

but then to each his own car!
peace
This is not a Swift Vs New Ikon discussion war room. Both cars have its own positives and negatives. Lets stick to the topic please!
Old 6th November 2008, 12:30   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This is not a Swift Vs New Ikon discussion war room. Both cars have its own positives and negatives. Lets stick to the topic please!
can i have pros and cons of swift vdi vs ikon tdci please !!
Old 6th November 2008, 12:40   #135
Team-BHP Support

GeekSrik, you've been all around the forum, and Bangalore trying to damp your Swift.

Test drive an Ikon, and you would realize that compared to the Swift, the difficulties to take it around town arent very different, if thats the main criteria. On the plus side, you can lug around a lot more stuff in the process while at it, with the Ikon.

Not that i think the Swift VDi is a bad buy, i love that car, but just to provide a perspective from the other side as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks