Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 10:24   #166
BHPian

The Fiesta has lot more features and was considered competetive in its segment - but now it suddenly seems overpriced.

The vehicle must be available for TD. Any first hand TD reports?
Old 7th November 2008, 10:28   #167
BHPian

I wish they'd bring down the prices of Fusion TDCI.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Is the Ikon TDCI engine same as fiesta TDCi? I have this doubt because then fiesta seems overpriced with almost 2 lac price difference between base model fiesta and ikon. My guess is that the engine would have been slightly detuned? Can somebody confirm?

Last edited by pradkumar : 7th November 2008 at 10:33.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:55   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Folks, Compare the Ikon with Dzire, not the hatch Swift.

Yes - at times the pricing may tempt some hatch prospect to shift to a sedan, but then the considerations are very different. But for meanigful one-to-one comparision let it be with the Dzire.
Technically Yes. But practically No.

I would buy a sedan, which is actually better to drive in the city than the hatch under consideration, given that prices are almost same.

Clearly, why not a sedan against a hatch? Better boot, good rear seat, good driving. Not much price difference! Why not. Yeah aging car. But VFM isnt it?

Again, this is my opinion. And from the practical point of view.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:28   #169
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
I wish they'd bring down the prices of Fusion TDCI.

Pradeep
They killed a very good car in Fusion when they launched it at such a high price. They had an opportunity to birng it back alive when the launched it with diesel & sub 4.0m, but they again over-priced it and made sure they seal its fate forever.

If they reduce the price now, they will pi**off the earlire owners. Just like they are making all the Fiesta diesel owners think they paid a lot for the car in comparison with Ikon diesel price now!!!

Never expected the Americans to goof up so much on the marketing front
Old 7th November 2008, 12:46   #170

The Swift Dzire VDI costs as the same as the new Ikon diesel but has a waiting period of 6 months!!!
We really are in love with the new Ikon. Shall we got for it? Its for around 5.66 lakh OTR delhi. we dont want to wait for 6months for the Dzire...
Old 7th November 2008, 13:23   #171
evo
BHPian

Somehow I think that the Fiesta comparision is totally unwarranted. That is a totally different car, much better made with far better interior quality and safety features to top it off.

@yam racing and 4 strings

In case you are in no hurry, buy after a month, you`ll save 10-15 grand atleast or get stuff worth that much in any case.

Cheers

Last edited by evo : 7th November 2008 at 13:24.
Old 7th November 2008, 13:33   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamracing View Post
The Swift Dzire VDI costs as the same as the new Ikon diesel but has a waiting period of 6 months!!!
We really are in love with the new Ikon. Shall we got for it? Its for around 5.66 lakh OTR delhi. we dont want to wait for 6months for the Dzire...
Does Swift Dzire cost only 5.66L at Delhi? I think even Swift VDI itself should be more than 5.66L.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:01   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridak View Post
Does Swift Dzire cost only 5.66L at Delhi? I think even Swift VDI itself should be more than 5.66L.
That's right. Ex-showroom price of Swift Dzire VDi in Chennai is around 5.8 Lakhs.

I heard from the dealer in Bangalore that the On-road price of Ikon Diesel is 6.25Lakhs..

Last edited by sbala : 7th November 2008 at 14:08.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:21   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I heard from the dealer in Bangalore that the On-road price of Ikon Diesel is 6.25Lakhs..
6.13 lakhs, as per Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. This info was put up by one of the members on this thread.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:36   #175
BHPian

5.19 ex-showroom + 74420 road tax + insurance 17408 + 5000 incidental = 615828
+ 7000 3rd yr warranty(optional)
confirmed both with lathangi and metro ford, bangalore. metro offers 5000 corporate discount.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:36   #176
Senior - BHPian

The New Ikon's pricing have made the Maruti Swift family look expensive!

Now there is everything with Ford, the pricing, the quality of build, powerful & peppy, great handling, A.S.S not that bad too!

Great job there Ford India! Now get us the 1.6 TDCi for the Fiesta
Old 7th November 2008, 15:23   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
That's right. Ex-showroom price of Swift Dzire VDi in Chennai is around 5.8 Lakhs.

Compare the cost either on Ex show room or On-road and state wise. In Karnataka, the road taxes are more and thats the reason the on road is high for Ford Ikon and similarly for the DZire as well.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:46   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
They killed a very good car in Fusion when they launched it at such a high price. They had an opportunity to birng it back alive when the launched it with diesel & sub 4.0m, but they again over-priced it and made sure they seal its fate forever.

If they reduce the price now, they will pi**off the earlire owners. Just like they are making all the Fiesta diesel owners think they paid a lot for the car in comparison with Ikon diesel price now!!!

Never expected the Americans to goof up so much on the marketing front

The idea at ford was to price fusion around 6-5.75 on road. thats what even market feedback programs suggested before launch.
but I guess they learned, as the Ikon pricing seems much better.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:52   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
GeekSrik, you've been all around the forum, and Bangalore trying to damp your Swift.

Test drive an Ikon, and you would realize that compared to the Swift, the difficulties to take it around town arent very different, if thats the main criteria. On the plus side, you can lug around a lot more stuff in the process while at it, with the Ikon.

Not that i think the Swift VDi is a bad buy, i love that car, but just to provide a perspective from the other side as well.
you must realize that there was a comment that people driving a two box swift will feel sorry, i m just trying to say I dont feel sorry. and oh yes BTW i ve driven around in the old IKON, and I feel its zippy and comfortable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I own a Swift and I agree it's no small car (width wise), it needs a very similar space of say a Honda city to navigate thru traffic or cutting thru lines, IMO an iKon would be better to wade thru traffic. The boot of the Swift is pathetic, I curse this everytime I gotto go on a long distance. I'm also sure iKon would have a better build, fit/finish than the Swift. The saving grace for the Swift would be the torquey engine, A.$.$ (but not any gr8) and the resale.
Actually every car can navigate the same road in the same way save for those whose turning radius is greater. If I d have wanted a swift with a boot there is dzire. its value for money, but the looks leave a lot to desire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The New Ikon's pricing have made the Maruti Swift family look expensive!

Now there is everything with Ford, the pricing, the quality of build, powerful & peppy, great handling, A.S.S not that bad too!

Great job there Ford India! Now get us the 1.6 TDCi for the Fiesta
I am not so sure you can directly compare Fiats MJD and TDCI of fiesta/ikon.The price could be justified due to many factors. Dont tell me now that getz is cheap, every hatch is expensive. you even have getz D at 7 lac which is still better than swift. its only the notion of who wants what isnt it? That way everyone here knows i had booked a swift D, upgraded to sx4 and still came back to swift D. no pain, only gain after that though!

At the end of it, I still love the refreshed looks of the new ford ikon. just a bit feeling not so good with thier service and perhaps resale?

and i do humbly agree that swift D and dzire waiting periods are definitely not the making of a great company like maruti. I too hated this aspect, but perhaps is there truly a situation where there is more demand?

The new ikon is sure to make lots of impact atleast for its space, its ease of use and whatever other good features. But i do still sorely miss ABS + airbags in this modern age.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:21   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
But i do still sorely miss ABS + airbags in this modern age.
Had it been a new car development, and these were omitted, the brickbats thrown at them would be justified, and i would have joined in as well. However, the crux of the matter here is that this is just a facelift, and an engine transplant (which is quite good in its own way), all with amazing pricing to match.

Therein, lies the key.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks