Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 22:16   #196
BHPian

Damn sure that Maruti gonna loose in this race unless Maruti increases the production.
But Price factor is the huge + for the new iKon.

We have to wait and see the fun
Old 7th November 2008, 22:22   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
* Remote boot release is not available as an accessory. (Was last available on the NXT's.)

* Paprika Red & Platinum look to be the best colors available. The maroonish color Morello does not look attractive. And neither did Brush Steel (as seen on the color cards).

* Accessories list not available yet. Again, surprising.
Last year when i got the ikon they said they have NO accessories, no remote boot release, extra horns ect, but the main service centre at sanathnagar had it in stock(they traced it using the part number)
The sales men didnt have a clue about them. I got the part numbers from the website, The revamped website doesnt list accessories for any of the models.

I do not know whether these accessories have this for this version.

Remote Boot release- KIT0010- ~5k

Add on horns-1224152 ~2.2K

Last edited by gendarmee : 7th November 2008 at 22:25.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:28   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The New Ikon's pricing have made the Maruti Swift family look expensive!

Now there is everything with Ford, the pricing, the quality of build, powerful & peppy, great handling, A.S.S not that bad too!
One must not forget that Ikon is still a 10-year old design, even though it has been given a facelift. Probably after 8 more years(swift D is almost 2 years old) Swift will also sell at a much cheaper price.

Doesn't the Fiesta too seem overpriced now? But around three years back when it was launched, it was a great package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
you must realize that there was a comment that people driving a two box swift will feel sorry, i m just trying to say I dont feel sorry.
Exactly. Even I feel the same. More like people feeling sorry instead of actual owners.
Old 8th November 2008, 07:59   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, has anyone approached the BLR Ford dealers ? Pls update on responses that you have got for TD's, delivery etc, by both dealers. Any one else in KA ?
Quote:
blue_pulsar : Doesn't the Fiesta too seem overpriced now? But around three years back when it was launched, it was a great package..
Times change. And sometimes, truth does too !

Fiesta's pricing was good at that point of time, or so we thought. Now, after giving the Ikon the 'right' price tag, they have (inadvertantly) shown how high are the prices of both - the Fusion & the Fiesta.

And to add a twist to it, the Fiesta was supposed to get the 1.6TDCi along with the facelift they gave it earlier this year. (Remember the spy shots of the Ikon & the Fiesta that we have here on another thread ?). But they could not do it then because the Ikon TDCi was not ready, and giving the Fiesta a bigger engine would have meant increasing the prices. Any price increase for a 1.6TDCi Fiesta would push a top end Fiesta into the 10+ Civic territory, from the 9.5 (approx) range that it was in.
Old 8th November 2008, 09:45   #200
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Re-check. Corp Discounts on a car that's revealed 2 days back ?!
I checked and they said its not a corporate discount but special pricing for the company. I will be able to give more details today after i receive a call from them regarding TD. Planet Ford in Pune did not receive a TD vehicle as of now.
Old 8th November 2008, 10:03   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I checked and they said its not a corporate discount but special pricing for the company.
Metro ford, bangalore did offer 5k corporate discount+ sun film + all basic accessories, but lathangi doesnt offer any.
Old 8th November 2008, 10:19   #202
BHPian

[quote=condor;1045018]
At what speeds ?

No head-rest for rear seats is a let down.

Can you explain this ? What speeds did you do, what kind of road ? Did you check if tyre pressures were correct ?

I did 120kmph on ECR road this was possible bcz one of my friend is an sales guy in the ford showroom, the car behaves well on straight roads but a great let down at sharp curves and bends

The Tyre pressure i think is correct, moreover idont expect it to give 20 kmpl in city with A/C may be in highway and max 17-18 in city, but IMO good mileage.
Old 8th November 2008, 11:07   #203
tez
BHPian

satya, when u say the car was a let down at sharp curves and bends, can you mention at what speeds did u take those bends or curves?
Old 8th November 2008, 13:13   #204
BHPian

Is it a good idea to cancel Swift VDi and go for ikon TDCi ?
Old 8th November 2008, 13:43   #205
BHPian

Ford - Now is the time to revise the pricing for the Fiesta TDCi - any insider info avl?

Last edited by AirWind : 8th November 2008 at 13:44.
Old 8th November 2008, 14:28   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tez : .. they said its not a corporate discount but special pricing for the company.
Actually, you are correct. Ford does giving some standard discounts at most times to a specific group of companies - typically the MNC / Global IT majors. In BLR, this is working out to a OTR difference of about 10-11k.
Quote:
sathyaprakash : .. the car behaves well on straight roads but a great let down at sharp curves and bends
At what speeds did you take the curves ? How sharp were the curves, and what exactly happened ?

Last edited by condor : 8th November 2008 at 14:31.
Old 8th November 2008, 14:40   #207
SuperSyn

How can anyone take this company seriously when their official brochure contains gems like:

Quote:
The new Ikon now comes with sleeker sides without contours, minimizing drag and maximizing downforce.
No wonder this company is going bankrupt.

Old 8th November 2008, 14:41   #208
evo
BHPian

@supersyn

haha! they ate up 7.7 billion dollars of cash this quarter! roughly 35,000 crores!!!
Old 8th November 2008, 15:52   #209
BHPian

The side profile of the current version looks like that of the CLXi variant introduced in '99... like old fashion is back!
Old 8th November 2008, 18:14   #210
BHPian

AS one of my friend is intrested in buying this model is it possible to change or altr or fix the following things

1. Cheap door handles
2. Ways to decrease the engine noise level inside the cabin
3. How to increase drivers space as IMO all other passengers space is OK
4. Can ABS & EBD fixed after market increase the stability & braking

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks