Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 14:42   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Where would you get a sedan for this price.
I am wondering why the Indigo CS does not get any mention here when VFM is being discussed.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:52   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

@Evo, Let's keep aside TP reviews & observations for now. What is your impression of the car ?
Old 10th November 2008, 15:19   #243
Senior - BHPian

Thiyags - Let's make it Fun and Value for Money.

That'll sort out the CS

PS: Its like, an Accord would be VFM for Beemer walaas
Old 10th November 2008, 15:55   #244
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Evo, Let's keep aside TP reviews & observations for now. What is your impression of the car ?
That is My impression of the car!

Cheers
Old 10th November 2008, 17:42   #245
Senior - BHPian

I was watching Raftar on Star News yesterday where they were showing new car and bike launches. They started talking about the new Ikon but were showing the Fiesta!
Old 10th November 2008, 22:28   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
I am wondering why the Indigo CS does not get any mention here when VFM is being discussed.
Ah! Well, you just reminded us of one good competitor for the New Ikon!
Old 10th November 2008, 22:40   #247
BHPian

Even though the CS is a better looking car than the regular indigo, it did not caught the fancy of many. The car does not even comes up in the discussions.
Old 11th November 2008, 00:00   #248
BHPian

Hi all,

I test drove the Ikon TDCi today. At 5.7 lacs onroad in Cochin (Kerala), I think its a good buy considering the fact that it isnt exactly looking like the same Ikon of yester years. Atleast people will recognise your car as new (with those frontal changes)!!!

Engine, as we all know the same in Fiesta - So no issues PLUS an additional 2-3 kms extra mileage than Fiesta herself just bcoz New Ikon is a gud 150kgs lighter!!

Riding it I felt its a bit underweighed. but obviously for a city user that could help the cause of mileage. My heart says this vehicle should fetch a mileage of over 25 in highway. Its lighter than Swift!!! Nice smooth power delivery as in all those Crdi engines these days. Power steering is also fine. No serious sounds actually worth noticing.

Braking, has wonderfully improved. Thanks to some new additions in that department.

Interiors, well at that price if the door lock and a/c vent grill is of minimal quality who dares to complain? Neither will one complain that theres no remote boot release. Atleast you are getting power windows as standard! REST IS ACTUALLY FINE. Those small small things spend 2k or 3k u can 'improvize' upon!!!

Comfort and Suspension, any day, any road, Ikon easily overtakes the Swift in this dept. Swift and Dzire share same 'rally-based' nonsense suspension rite. Ikon WINS here. I felt great on small potholes and patches on the highway. Rear seat of Swift feels like an Autorikshaw over small small 'idli' shaped patch works on the road!!!

Sitting inside. As always doesnt feel like a small car in rear seat.UNLIKE swift. It does look more 'royal' , the ikon.

If the engine holds good. As proved in Fiesta, Ikon according to me is VFM.
They are proving extended warranty of one more year with just 7k payment as well.

I HAVE LOVED THIS CAR. People going for swift, i would recommend this car. Dzire, well cant say.

Hey the dealer said that this is just an 'introductory' price? Is it? Any idea?

Regards,
Sam Cochin
Maruti Esteem VXi
Pulsar 150 DTSi
Honda Activa
Old 11th November 2008, 01:06   #249
Senior - BHPian

The iKon is not a bad car for the money and it is ideal for horrible Indian roads. I like the car!.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:42   #250
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

Hey the dealer said that this is just an 'introductory' price? Is it? Any idea?

Regards,
Sam Cochin
hey sam, nice review. The price could be reduced if we consider the history of Ford
Old 11th November 2008, 10:19   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sam_sant2005 : No serious sounds actually worth noticing.
Sam, what about the gear lever vibrations ? Did you notice that, like the couple of others who have mentioned it ?
Quote:
sam_sant2005 : Hey the dealer said that this is just an 'introductory' price? Is it? Any idea?
Yes - Lathangi said the same. But competition may ensure that the increase may not much. I'm expecting Maruti to reduce price of the DZire now. And to keep the edge, Ford may not increase the Ikon's prices too much.
Old 11th November 2008, 10:32   #252
BHPian

i have heard another story that project dzire ddis is in court as fiat has given license to use their engine only in swift but maruti without fiats consent used it in dzire, for which fiat has filed a suite. is this true ? In that case ikon will be wiser choice .but ford is moving towards bankruptcy . confused ..
Old 11th November 2008, 10:58   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Sam, nice review. Thanks.

Quote:
Hi all,

Atleast people will recognise your car as new (with those frontal changes)!!!
This is a interesting and valid point. This holds good for most of the general car buyers I guess. It doesn't matter if the newer versions of the Ikon, Zen, Wagon-R etc look good or not. "It looks diff from the one sold last year" is all that matters I guess.
Old 11th November 2008, 11:55   #254
BHPian

I have been in the car market for a couple of months now. shuffled between the new city,swift and feista diesel. now i m thinking ikon would be the wisest choice as there is already a swift in the family. though no complains with the swift but dont like any other colour apart from the white which is already there. so i m gonna settle on a Black ikon.cheers:
Old 11th November 2008, 14:21   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Comfort and Suspension, any day, any road, Ikon easily overtakes the Swift in this dept. Swift and Dzire share same 'rally-based' nonsense suspension rite. Ikon WINS here. I felt great on small potholes and patches on the highway.
Well gentleman, I am not sure what you mean by nonsense suspension. The only two types I am aware is a soft or hard suspension. Both cases, the suspension would protect you wonderfully over bad roads, but in the former, you dont feel it at all (which also is a cause for the car scraping roadhumps when loaded - eg, logan, or civic etc) and on the latter, you still get protected though you do get a feeling of the bad patch of road you ve just driven through. Ikon has the former, swift has the latter.

Quote:

Rear seat of Swift feels like an Autorikshaw over small small 'idli' shaped patch works on the road!!!
Now I am curious whether you have really driven a swift? What makes you feel so? Just sit in my car, I ll show you what the ride feels like.

Quote:
Sitting inside. As always doesnt feel like a small car in rear seat.UNLIKE swift. It does look more 'royal' , the ikon.
I am not sure why we are comparing a sedan with a hatch. The sedans are meant to make you feel royal, while hatches to make you feel more like a rally driver, in your own language.

Quote:

I HAVE LOVED THIS CAR. People going for swift, i would recommend this car. Dzire, well cant say.
You are prompting me for a test drive now. Its all VFM finally. Thats all matters to anyone. Even if they have a huge budget.

People going for Ikon, I would not recommend swift to you. I would recommend you to drive every car in your would-like-to-drive list, then sit and think with a cool head whether the one you are betting your money on will keep you happy. If it does, well and good. And oh yes, sometimes, listen to your mind rather than the heart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks