Team-BHP - New Ford Ikon TDCi brochure!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Ford Ikon TDCi brochure! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48440-new-ford-ikon-tdci-brochure.html)

an IKONic car, while having a ACCENTuated personality, that SWIFTly DZIREs to say TA TA to INDIGO and logoff the LOGAN-the new ford ikon tdci and 1.3 rocam.

this is the brochure, the car is coming on 7th in Delhi.

sidindica,

Great Information

This is truly great. i thght they will not come out with a new model change or name for the Ikon.

If the pricing is right and it should be, because they have fiesta in the just next segment, it will be a competition to dzire. But ford can never match the VFM factor of Maruti.

But still a good deal it should be

Pretty true , no one can match the vfm factor of maruti and a tata too.

Looks ok-ish to me , nothing too exciting.
after looking at the bulge in the head lamp towards the bottom in the fiesta , i aint impressed with the ikon. atleast on the exterior part.

Sid , Seriously Brillian work again. wonder how you do it !! If this comes around 6.5OTR it would be a good buy. The steering wheel & centre console could have got some treatment too.

sidindica, good work man again! but shame on ford, no airbags, abs? are they kidding? people have migrated from just mileage kitna car spending to safety these days. i expected ford not to be foolish w.r.t safety features. common guys, how long in this industry can one expect child locks alone to be called safety? :(

Great work Sid,

I think once the excitement dies down, we should realise that this is essentially an Ikon with a new diesel engine, i.e a present day engine on a platform thats two generations older.

I'm not saying that its a bad combination especially in our market where size, a frugal engine and value are paramount. Hoping Ford prices it right, if they do it will easily ruffle feathers of players below and above the Ikon segment. Wait and See.

@ Sid : Great work sir. Safety features like ABS, AIRBAGS should have been provided as an option atleast . Now waiting for the Price of this IKOn (1.4 diesel) :).

Great Sid! How do you manage to come up with most pre-lauch stuff on t-bhp?

Overall a neat package, nothing great though - but will be a good car for those wanting entry level sedan provided pricing is competetive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 1039103)
no airbags, abs? are they kidding? people have migrated from just mileage kitna car spending to safety these days. i expected ford not to be foolish w.r.t safety features. common guys, how long in this industry can one expect child locks alone to be called safety? :(

Gotta agree with you. I did expect Ford to concentrate on the safety features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhegde (Post 1039117)
@ Sid : Great work sir. Safety features like ABS, AIRBAGS should have been provided as an option atleast . Now waiting for the Price of this IKOn (1.4 diesel) :).

I think Airbags should have been standard with ABS atleast as an option.

Nothing surprising so far. lets see if they price this like a winner.

Yes, Ford should seriously consider ABS and airbags in the car.

And moreover Ikon has a very bad reputation with brakes. Have heard lots of ad reviews about the brakes of Ikon

ew!! What a mish-mash!!

Sid, thanks again !

A close-up of the console :
New Ford Ikon TDCi brochure!-instr-cons.jpg

And the E-bay:
New Ford Ikon TDCi brochure!-ebay.jpg

Quote:

sidindica : an IKONic car, while having a ACCENTuated personality, that SWIFTly DZIREs to say TA TA to INDIGO and logoff the LOGAN-the new ford ikon tdci and 1.3 rocam.
Described beautifully !

Everything else is fine and it will plug in the gap quite well between the Ikon Flair and Fiesta Diesel....

but why the hell did they have to do that to the front end? Why can't manufacturers leave good looking design alone? Old is not necessarily ugly, or is novelty more important than beauty?

Yeah! missing airbags and ABS - no problem; it will compete with low end of Indigo, Dzire, Logan etc. For those looking for entry level sedan only. And even the Taxi Cab market which is also sizable.