Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2005, 00:17   #16
BANNED

doesnt look good as the crv and should be priced at around 11-12 laks then worth. still my money on the crv. i love the endevour too
Old 7th April 2005, 00:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

i just love the endevour.its got that perfect mean suv look , its huge , and its got amazing alloys which look good with the car. the crv to me is a perfect CiTY suv.i would never really want to go off road with my crv !!
Old 7th April 2005, 01:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i just love the endevour.its got that perfect mean suv look , its huge , and its got amazing alloys which look good with the car. the crv to me is a perfect CiTY suv.i would never really want to go off road with my crv !!

Agree, But what about the comfort part of Endeavour ??? Have you driven it on our rough indian roads ? Believe me , you won't find any diff between an Endeavour and Tatas mini trucks(one of the main reasons i strongly dislike this car) .

Cr-v again a very good small SUV (crossover) and does everything very right but it's a petrol and the FC is not more than 6-7 kmpl .
People who drive around 80-100 kms a day(like me) , ll 've to shell out atleast Rs.15-20000/month for the petrol(which i cant bare ,espically when you consider the fuel prices going up everyday ,even the thoughts gives me jitters) .

So unfort , theres no other option left for guys like me except to go for the Tucson .
Old 7th April 2005, 09:27   #19
BHPian

14.3L for the Tucson is way too high.. Its not that big a vehicle.. I guess this is because Hyundai are importing it as a CBU.. Around 10L would be more like it..

On Endeavour, I had the pleasure (or misfortune) of being in the 3rd row seat while a friend test drove for a short distance.. I can tell you that is a recipe for ending up with a broken back/neck. Also, the egine is quite pathetic. It starts struggling above just 100kmph. Off-road, yes, it has amazing capabilities as long as you maintain a slow & steady rawl.

The Fortuner is sure to be priced above the Tucson.. It promises to be a great car but out of reach ..

cheers
Old 7th April 2005, 09:42   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agree, But what about the comfort part of Endeavour ??? Have you driven it on our rough indian roads ? Believe me , you won't find any diff between an Endeavour and Tatas mini trucks(one of the main reasons i strongly dislike this car) .
Agreed with Beemer. The ride quality of the Endeavour is below par, but then thats the compromise you have to make for a true SUV.

GTO
Old 7th April 2005, 09:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Business Standard news is that the Tuscon should be 14.5L ex-showroom in Delhi.
Old 7th April 2005, 17:53   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Classic case of foot in the mouth eh? What is Hyundai upto !

Last edited by RJK : 7th April 2005 at 18:11.
Old 7th April 2005, 18:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

The Tuscon was one Hyundai I was really looking forward to (after the Getz). As much as I like the look and execution of this car (not an SUV is it?) 14 large ones is just to much for too little. Hyundai have put their latest in direct competition with the CRV. Big mistake, and they are going to learn that pretty soon! 11 lakhs, yes...14.XX lakhs, NO!

It would make for an attractive used car purchase though!
Old 7th April 2005, 20:07   #24
BHPian

I think it is possible for Toyota to launch the Fortuner in 10L price range, primarily because it is based on the same IMV platform as the Innova. Now since the TKM is manufacturing the Innova in India they might put one (or two) assembly line for the Fortuner itself. This results in a huge pricing advantage for Toyota Fortuner as compared to Hyundai who are bringing the Tucson as CBUs. Remember, you've got to pay hefty taxes and import duties for CBU imports. Besides, going by the maintenance records, since Toyota is manufacturing the vehicle locally and the spares would be shared with the Innova, I'd rather wait for the Fortuner to be launched before taking a decision. Maybe then i can bargain with the Tucson guys for a cooler deal or more freebies..
Old 7th April 2005, 21:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

All Honda has to do now is launch a CTDi CRV somewhere around 12 lakhs and watch Hyundai cry in despair.
Old 26th April 2005, 11:17   #26
BHPian

a compact-SUV for 14lakhs is too tall a price...
when you get the nice CR-V for less than that, it doesnt matter if its not really an off-roader as most people buying SUVs drive it in the city.
Old 26th April 2005, 15:37   #27
BHPian

hyundai seems to be getting the pricing wrong nowadays,

they got it wrong in Getz,

they got both the looks and the pricing wrong in Elantra and

Tuscon is steeply priced even considering the CRDi engine, I think scorpio crde - 4x4 will make a much better and vfm alternative.
Old 26th April 2005, 16:50   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not to mention the marketing - How terribly the Getz was marketed!

GTO
Old 27th April 2005, 00:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

lets keep the pricing away for the moment and what do we have ?

i love the look of the Tuscon ...has that mean look i love...saw a white one with black bumpers in koliwada ..and was bowled over by the looks .......

the interiors seem well appointed too.......

and what did we just keep away ? price na...hmmm not so sure now !!

cheers
Old 27th April 2005, 01:22   #30

Toyota's new SUV Fortuner is going to be much better when launched at the end of 2005, when compared to all the existing SUV's. I'm sure toyota fortuner will be a value for money when it's launched. it's got looks, performance, pricing and service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks