Team-BHP - Which car has the best and worst rear seat comfort?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which car has the best and worst rear seat comfort? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48566-car-has-best-worst-rear-seat-comfort.html)

Of late we see that the back seat comfort is a point which is rather ignored by most manufacturers. Even in the some of the newest launches. Some concentrate just on leg room and highlight that as great back seat. The pain points include poor back support, poor thigh support, head rest, slanting floor, very low seating, ease of getting in/out, poor cooling etc. In a typical western scenario, back seat is meant for kids and/or pets, so none of these are a big consideration. Not so in the Indian context.

The question is which car has the best rear seat comfort and which the worst is. I mean in the B/C/D segments only. Leave out the luxury/high end.

A corollary question is on the rear middle seat comfort.

Your views.

Indigo XL is the winner in sub 10 Lakhs.

Havn't travelled in many cars but my pick would be,

Good - NHC, Ford Ikon

Bad - Hyundai Accent (Seating is too low and tall ppl have to sit in the Knees up position)
Ford Endeavour - That middle row seat is not to be expected from a car more than 10L. 3rd Row Seat is a JOKE

Worst - I'll shoot the person who designed the 3rd Row Jump Seats in the Tavera!

Logan has a good ride and roomy rear bench, but it is far from comfortable as there are no head rests. I've hardly travelled on the back seats of most cars, so I cannot comment. But I'd say the rear bench of an Amby is a benchmark.

Best
-----
Amby
Logan
Innova
Scorpio

Good
-----
City
Ikon
Verna
SX4
Baleno
Palio

Worst
------
Fiesta
Swift
Dzire

I would love to dump my worst enemy in the rear seat of a swift with full dark sun films and take him out on a 12 hour long drive.
And for my best friends - well ! I have it now. :)

Best rear seat comfort? I'm yet to come across any vehicle that beats the Safari on this count. Ingress / Egress may be cumbersome for the elderly but those are about the only flaws.

Otherwise, the best (rear) seats are found in the Indigo / Petra, Indica / Palio range - all made by Tata Johnson. While they may come across as hard for short / city drives, their virtues are realized during long / highway drives.

Best : I cant say for sure...

Worst : 100% sure its the swift. The rear of the car bounces on bad roads like there is a kangaroo up its backside....

i am surprised, no one has mentioned esteem.

it's low seating is very uncomfortable

i would go with indigo as the most sensible car with best seat comfort. maybe even a dzire

BestSafari
Ikon
Amby

Worst
Swift
Esteem

Best : Amby , Logan , Honda city ( pretty comfortable)
Worst : Swift , Verna ( Hate it , gives me a pain in the neck)

best-maybach

worst:
omni
zen
esteem
estilo
wagonR
swift
dzire
versa
grand vitara
sx4
alto
gypsy

and beat this:-REVA. yes, reva has rear seats.

Best - Vectra, Corolla, Logan, Indigo

Worst - Zen, Swift, Accent, Endeavour

Best seating = Skoda Superb
Worst seating = maruti800
Worst overall (including suspension)= Omni w/ only 2 people onboard

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1042150)
Worst : Swift , Verna ( Hate it , gives me a pain in the neck)

Verna?? I personally found it better than Accent & fiesta!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1042116)

Otherwise, the best (rear) seats are found in the Indigo / Petra, Indica / Palio range - all made by Tata Johnson. While they may come across as hard for short / city drives, their virtues are realized during long / highway drives.

I own a Petra & i find lack of thigh support. Not very comfy for long rides IMO.

Im surprised no one mentioned about Chevy Optra s rear bench. I found it quite comfy!!

I think the best list would be : Ikon , NHC , Optra , Innova, Contessa:D

Worst : Accent , Swift , Petra & SX4.