Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 12:46   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Mine is a Nokia E66.

Since you have tried pairing with B&M a couple of times earlier, it would be better if you delete all user data first before proceeding with new connection.
=======================
- Lady will ask you if you want to download your phonebook. Say yes or no depending on what you want to do and you are ready to go.
thanks dude
will try and update you on the same , thanks a ton
Old 11th August 2009, 13:36   #17
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Here's how I do it. I have an FM transmitter connected to my E63 (mounted on the glass) and the music plays on the car ICE. when a call comes in, I simply push the green button and the music stops, I can talk into the phone and hear the callers voice on the ICE. After the call ends, music starts automatically. No fancy bluetooth tech.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:06   #18

Quote:
Mine is a Nokia E66.

Since you have tried pairing with B&M a couple of times earlier, it would be better if you delete all user data first before proceeding with new connection.

- Press windows logo on the steering. After the lady finishes her sentence say Settings. Let her finish her sentence. Say User Data and ask B&M to delete all user data.

Once that's done get out of B&M by pressing the mute button. You will hear a beep. Switch off ignition.

- Turn ignition on now.

- Switch Bluetooth on and search for new devices.

- Press windows logo on the steering. Let the lady finish her sentence. Say Settings. Let her finish her sentence. Say pairing. Lady will say pairing in progress.

- Phone should display Blue&Me in paired devices tab. Click on it. Phone will ask you for PIN.

- Now you should see the PIN on the display screen and lady will also say it aloud. Punch the PIN on your phone and click OK. Lady will say pairing in progress and when it's connected, she will say connected.

- You should see a small car on your phone screen now.

- Lady will ask you if you want to download your phonebook. Say yes or no depending on what you want to do and you are ready to go.

hi
thanks for the help, its working now i had to update my software version of blue and me in the car to 5.4 which is available on the fiat global website.

i can now use all the features from the phone, have to check in detail if there are anyu features that are missing. will report if i face any.
regards,
dhruv
Old 11th August 2009, 17:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvdutta View Post
i had to update my software version of blue and me in the car to 5.4 which is available on the fiat global website.
How did you update B&M?
Old 11th August 2009, 17:41   #20

Quote:
How did you update B&M?

go to Fiat.it - Starting Page and on the left tab you will se blue and me, click on that you will find an option there.

download the software , format your USB stick in FAT32 mode and just copy the downloaded files, plug it in to the car when the ignition is off, trun the igniation key to the MAR position without starting the car, the update will start automatically be patient and dont press any buttons until it says update complete and asks you to remove the USB stick.
the latest version for blue and me is 5.4.
but make a note that once you update to the latest version you cant go back to the previous versions.

you will have a detailed instruction as well on the website read that carefully before you update.

regards
Dhruv

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th August 2009 at 17:50. Reason: highlighted the important instructions
Old 11th August 2009, 23:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Here's how I do it. I have an FM transmitter connected to my E63 (mounted on the glass) and the music plays on the car ICE. when a call comes in, I simply push the green button and the music stops, I can talk into the phone and hear the callers voice on the ICE. After the call ends, music starts automatically. No fancy bluetooth tech.
Hi NIP,

Could you please elaborate on the device used as fm transmitter. Which brand is it and what is the cost of it?

Thanks
Old 16th August 2009, 23:30   #22

Legality?

Is Blue & Me legal to use in cars in India?
Old 19th August 2009, 08:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith View Post
Is Blue & Me legal to use in cars in India?
Can you elaborate more on this??

How can it be illegal. It your car and your Blue & ME. You have paid for it.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post

He would have meant using phone while driving is against the law, so how is Blue & Me allowed? Its same as using a hands free.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvdutta View Post
go to Fiat.it - Starting Page and on the left tab you will se blue and me, click on that you will find an option there.
====================
you will have a detailed instruction as well on the website read that carefully before you update.

regards
Dhruv
Thanks Dhruv! my Blue and me stopped working and service guys have no idea I have share your thoughts to them hope they fix it today.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:43   #26
BANNED

Quote:
HCan you elaborate more on this??

It's illegal to use even a hands-free when driving. If you want to talk, park the car & talk !

Last edited by mithun : 19th August 2009 at 10:45.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:11   #27
BHPian

Blue n Me is a micropsoft technology. So needs rebooting sometimes
Just disconnect the -ve terminal of teh battery, wait 10min and put it back on. It will reset the system.
This is what TASS did to rectify it.

The Blue n Me display wasn't showing for me & media player also stopped working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Thanks Dhruv! my Blue and me stopped working and service guys have no idea I have share your thoughts to them hope they fix it today.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Blue n Me is a micropsoft technology. So needs rebooting sometimes
Just disconnect the -ve terminal of teh battery, wait 10min and put it back on. It will reset the system.
This is what TASS did to rectify it.

The Blue n Me display wasn't showing for me & media player also stopped working.
Wow that’s classic windows tick. Just got a call from service adviser telling me that they are checking the wiring and will take few more hours. I will call him and convey your thoughts. being a windows user i am sure your technique will work. Keep you posted.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:37   #29
BHPian

Here is the update.

They are going to replace the B&M set and it will take 10 to 15 days. btw, They tried the rebooting and it did not work. I am very scared what would have happen if its not under warranty
Old 24th August 2009, 15:07   #30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
He would have meant using phone while driving is against the law, so how is Blue & Me allowed? Its same as using a hands free.
Just checked this thread after a gap.
Thanks MusicVJ. That is exactly what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It's illegal to use even a hands-free when driving. If you want to talk, park the car & talk !
If that is the case then what is the point of Blue&Me?

Most Viewed