Team-BHP - Hondas smallest offering...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hondas smallest offering... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48689-hondas-smallest-offering.html)

Honda has plans to get a car below the jazz sometimes in two years.I was just browsing the net as i came across the honda life.This looked good for a compact car as tall boy design would make it easy to drive and build quality would definately be better than the wagon r.What say guys can this be the next smaller offering below the jazz.

eeeeksss..this is ugly...what happened to the rear???

isnt this based on the current counter part of the zen estilo sold here, i mean the japanse version of the estilo. but current gen?

It look s damn amazing (interiors , although cant say the same for exteriors ) and good for average indian height people with the amount of leg space it offer s > The best part about it is the fit finish quality wow that s what even a a 8lakh OTR SX4 struggle s to look like . The automatic box on the dash even free s up the space between front seat s > This is the most recent offering by car manufacture r s the hyundai kappa i10 engine with automatic and manual also offers the same set up for gear stick location !! The stablemate for this one like civic and crv also offer gear s at that place only !! The automatic kuppa is pegged at roughly 6.5 lacs OTR in mumbai that s what shoos away potential client s !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 1045421)
eeeeksss..this is ugly...what happened to the rear???

The rear looks like as if a Santro's behind got compressed and deshaped after a collision with a truck, the interiors IMO are pretty neat. Although I'm not too sure about the gear lever's comfort based on it location on the dash, especially in the case of the manual transmission version if at all it exists.

This is a kei car for Japan from Honda apparent from the engine being 660cc.
Now Wagon R/Alto/Zen Estilo are also Kei cars, but with better motors.
I think that 1.2 from Honda will be reserved for Jazz. This car need at least 1.0 ltr motor. The car is good, but not for Indian market. Wagon R took sometime before being accepted in the market like ours and then go on to become a huge success. And also pricing will play a very crucial role for this car's success. They cannot charge premium in small car market.
So mostly this car is not coming as Honda wont be able to extract an extra premium from this car and surity of success is less.

About the car.
Source : Honda Announces the All-New Life (JDM) - worldcarfans
Article :
Quote:

Honda today launched its latest minicar called the Life in Japan.

The Life, Honda says, was developed with the concept of "daily smile technology". Which means that Honda understands the most essential element needed for any minicar to succeed -- and that's the cute factor.

Propulsion power will come from a 660 cc, 3-cylinder i-DSI engine, for both a front-wheel and a 4-wheel drive version, but the excitement likely comes from inside the cabin.

The Life includes more standard goodies than you'd expected from a minicar. A reflection, perhaps, of the collapsing car market globally and the necessity for incentives to drive sales. It is the first minicar in Japan to offer an audio system and a backup camera as standard equipment. It also includes Honda's Advanced Smart Parking Assist System -- a fancy wording for steering assistance.

It will also offer something called a Special Mobility Assistive version, which appears to simply be electric-adjustable seating. But such luxuries are always welcomed in minicars.

Starting price will be 1,410,000 Yen for the base version (14,387 US dollars) or 1,540,000 (15,714 US) for the 4-wheel drive version.

Can any one say about the correct launch date/month or year of Honda Jazz, I heard thy are gearing up faster for an early launch in April next year is it true?

I just dont like this vehicle given the cars Honda has in India this looks terrible :Shockked:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sathyaprakash (Post 1045695)
Can any one say about the correct launch date/month or year of Honda Jazz, I heard thy are gearing up faster for an early launch in April next year is it true?

April next year I heard June 09 !!

This car looks more like they have fused together two Honda Dio scooters on its sides :)

The Life has always been a possibility. Anyone's guess when their "small" car project for India will take off. Honda took ages to make a commitment on the Jazz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathyaprakash (Post 1045695)

June 2009 is the last I heard, but I hope the slowdown in car sales won't affect the launch date. An early launch might actually help them.

This would be a fantastic car for the Indian market but it wont be cheap thats the problem. 20-kpl no problem.

Ugliest than the Wagon-R.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1045874)
This would be a fantastic car for the Indian market but it wont be cheap thats the problem. 20-kpl no problem.

With 660cc engine in Japanese state of tune, Yes. But for India they will need a bigger engine and that will be a bit detuned or India, so again the FE wont be 20 unless driven with a very light foot on expresshighways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sowmya (Post 1045881)
Ugliest than the Wagon-R.

Although looks are subjective, this car rather looks old to me specially the rear doors and rear end design.

Name:  tbhptoyotapasso.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  55.2 KB
But dont you think that the front end is a bit copied from Daihatsu Sirion/
Toyota Passo, specially the headlights ?

The fog lamps look as big as the headlamps.

Looks, though subjective, are missing from this car. But I dont think Honda will ever launch such a vehicle. They are a premium-offering-brand you know! :D

Hey, the pictures are awesome. Is this car smaller than Honda Jazz, which is supposed to be the smallest car in Honda's car portfolio?