Team-BHP - New Volkswagen spotted
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Volkswagen spotted (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48746-new-volkswagen-spotted.html)

Under a MH temporary registration, there was a heavily strapped with foam VW who zipped past me on a heavy heavy rain (near zero visibility) on 24th Oct. He was doing in excess of 100 KMPH in that conditions and he was in perfect control. Not a haphazrd mad driving. Caught up with him, but due to dark conditions, my brother in law couldnt clear pictures on his mobile. There was twin exhausts at the back, looked more like a beefed up passat, the dash / panels was really cool looking in the night time glow. We covered Mandya to Srirangapatna in 13 mins in those driving conditions.
Any idea which model it could be
Sorry about not posting any pictures
Best regards
Bala

Its not that easy to comment with ease.
From my understanding, VW is planning some models. Gol, Polo could be some of them. Also it can be a car based on UP concept. Could also be Tiguan SUV that is long overdue to hit Indian market.
What was the body format of this car i.e. was it sedan, hatch, SUV ?
Can be sedan on Polo to counter SX4/Verna/City.

I hope it's the Passat CC ! Could also be the Phaeton

Pasat CC or maybe Pasat VR6?

Quote:

There was twin exhausts at the back,
Which of the twin exhausts from below did you see? The blue Passat in the first picture is the R36 while the silver one below is the V6.

I think it must be the 2.0T FSI 200bhp variant. Both the Passat petrol's come with dual exhausts like the silver car in the second picture.

OK, the part " beefed up passat was ignored by me and I am sorry for that.

The new Mark VI golf also has twin exhaust i.e. dual exhaust at the same side. So can this car be the new Jetta. VW IMO will surely bring it here, so can this be under testing ? They cannot ignore the Indian market not in the class of Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1047387)
So can this car be the new Jetta. VW IMO will surely bring it here, so can this be under testing ? They cannot ignore the Indian market not in the class of Jetta.

New jetta? It was just launched few months back...i doubt they will introduce a facelift version so soon !

If it's a turbo charged petrol version of the Jetta, that would give us reason to smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1047405)
New jetta? It was just launched few months back...i doubt they will introduce a facelift version so soon !

If it's a turbo charged petrol version of the Jetta, that would give us reason to smile

I was talking about the new Jetta based on Mark VI golf. Its just a possibility.
This they can place it slightly higher between the Mark V golf based present jetta and Passat. Again just a possibility. I dont think that Passat CC is coming soon to India.

Yes, me2. on Nov8th on the the double rd, I was stuck in opp lane - the traffic jam towards richmond circle.
Blue-sh colored, with the badges covered by duct tape material.
I tho' it was some sibling of skoda superb .

Not sure if the phaeton has twin exhausts or not. But if its that car, then it will be a great offering from VW.

Maybe it's the Passat CC.

Images courtesy Google.

A 4 door coupe' at 30L would make things interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 1047142)
Which of the twin exhausts from below did you see? Both the Passat petrol's come with dual exhausts like the silver car in the second picture.

Well the exhaust looked like the silver car but there was two of it
Yes. Two twin (dual) exhausts. Thats the reason I got confused as I couldn't locate similar pictures on the net and hence posted here for the Gurus.

The dash did look like the pix VCASH has posted.
This was a nice long sedan. Not the SUV.
And the 2 guys who were inside weren't bothered about me trying to click pictures in that darkness.
Best regards
Bala