Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 00:02   #46
Team-BHP Support

Actually our own labs are a treasure trove of many such technologies which remain in semi-finished state with no takers or promoters. Mostly because the government never bothers to look into these things.

Our scientists were working on a hydrogen fuel cell that could make a vehicle clean, low noise and high speed... yes the same technology that was developed for our space programs. It was being miniaturized. In fact scientists even tested a HH motorcycle with the fuel cells (instead of the petrol tank) pretty successfully. But then as it happens, somehow the project went off the radar.

I am sure it is lying around in some lab gathering dust. Till one day some enthusiastic soul or an industrious minister (in the mould of our aviation minister perhaps) will wake up to it all and again it will get a lease of life... such wastage of resources and ideas.

We badly need private public partnership in such vital areas. Look at the bio-diesel project. It would have died a slow death but for the fact that Merc woke up to it and started participating actively in it.
Old 12th December 2006, 00:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Spotted this one last night... It had come for some a stickering job!!! He wanted to install a music sys as well, dunno if he had as i had to leave. But would have been a foolish thing to do in an electric car i guess. And is this car an Automatic? Don't remember seeing a gear liver
No transmission. Direct drive like TVS 50 but without a clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks