Team-BHP - Duchess wants to be first to drive Nano
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Duchess wants to be first to drive Nano (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48997-duchess-wants-first-drive-nano.html)

An interesting piece of info for the team to chew upon...

"Italy may be the world’s auto design capital and Milan Europe’s fashion capital. But when it comes to flaunting a cool set of wheels, the Duchess of Milan would much rather pick up keys to Ratan Tata’s small wonder car — Nano"

Source The Economic Times
Duchess wants to be first to drive Nano- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times[

After all that's the cheapest car in the world. But safety and quality will remain a question since its a TATA vehicle.

IMO its an honor for Tata motors and an achievement both for them and India. Really shows how much an Indian Automaker has grown in the last decade. Keep it up:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty2008 (Post 1052930)
After all that's the cheapest car in the world. But safety and quality will remain a question since its a TATA vehicle.

The Safety & Quality from Tata has always improved and better these days than MSIL who are in the industry for over 20 Years since 1983!

Being in the Passengar Car manufacturing industry for only over 10 years its a great acheivement from Tata Motors. I think we need to appreciate a purely Indian manufacturer on that front.

She probably wants to use it to drive around one of her huge estates.

If she does do that, huge PR for Tata. I hope she does not use
in place of golf carts. BTW is Nano convertible on the cards?
would be interesting.

I really wouldn’t think that the Duchess driving it is anything great publicity for the Nano. For one, Nano already has awareness. Secondly she would use it on private roads which do not connect it well with the target buyers or their usage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty2008 (Post 1052930)

are you aware that all Tata cars are crash tested in international conditions are proven to be safer than most Maruti cars?

You cant sell a car in Europe if it doesnt meet their safety & emission standards which are one of the toughest and set a benchmark for others around the world.

Wow, did the stock market crash affect her that much? :p

All joking aside, its nice to see the Nano being accepted by non-Indians. :D

Hey guys. Any idea whether the Duchess really got the keys to a Nano?

Edit:
Oh stupid me! She would be getting the Nano Europa which is yet to be launched. stupid:

I guess she did not get alloted in the lottery yet. :)

Anyway the car is not yet launched in Europe.

or may be she can buy 1 crore Nano from DC :uncontrol

On a serious note, this is really good news for nano. way to go.
Also I am sure TATA will provide not-common man's version of Nano to her

Its just a novelty thing. Which is why rich people in India are also trying to buy Nanos. Soon enough, it'll die down. But yeah, Tata gets great European publicity.