Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 00:05   #31
BHPian

with all you guys , DC's designs are nothing much to write about , neither is the hefty cost he charges .
Old 11th April 2005, 10:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

autopsyche, youre totally right man, it takes a lot of sweat and sacrifice to just design a car for a niche market, and it takes even more guts to be radical and different while doing so. And being a desginer yourself, you are holding him in respect, I dont see how we other non designers could destroy him in this manner.
It is one thing to express our opinion about a design, it is another to put down ten years of hard work, changing a totally boring market into one with massive potential.
I dont like DC designs much, but he has done a lot. So still, hats off to him, and apologies for any personal remarks made before by me.
Old 11th April 2005, 10:29   #33
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I too dont like DC Designs except for some of his add-on kits.
But it would be very impolite and unethical to criticize him in such a way. If any one of us can do a better design (from scratch) and then criticize him, i guess its fine.
Old 11th April 2005, 11:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

I like his designs, but it would have been great if he did some engine tuning. I wonder how would the "pocket rocket" guy would feel when a petrol indica leaves him dead at the lights
Old 11th April 2005, 14:50   #35
BHPian

Fellows,

Let's criticize the designs and not the guy or his son.
Remember no personal attacks.

The only DC design that I truly liked was the Tempo Traveller van, and I had seen a neat looking Premier Padmini, however I dont remember if it was a DC design.

But no great shakes by DC.
Old 11th April 2005, 15:03   #36
BHPian

Is this tempo traveller converted into diplay van jesal?

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 11th April 2005 at 15:05.
Old 11th April 2005, 15:32   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Is this tempo traveller converted into diplay van jesal?
here is the link to what i got done
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3394
Old 11th April 2005, 15:41   #38
BHPian

Thanks Jesal! how much did DC charge for that?
Old 12th April 2005, 04:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Lets get it straight,India learnt about modifications from DC.He has been there,done that.Its in the last 5-6 yrs or so that all the other designers came into the picture.
I would not curse him for any of his designs.Its the customers choice afterall.If the customer says he wants a stretched Esteem or a Indigo and he would pay even 5lacs for it,he has to do that.They are people who do insane things to thier cars.Why blame the DC or any other designers for that???
Just my point of view.

X
Old 12th April 2005, 08:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

The problem with DC is that he cannot design a car that has clean, elegant and original lines. Let's say the F430 hasn't come out yet........ can DC compete with Pininfarina and Guiguaro to design a replacement for the F360 that will live up to Ferrari's reputation. No! he cannot. We'll end up with some variation of the tarzan car with more scoops and wings. Pininfarina has done such a awesome job on the Ferrari that it takes your breath away.

DC needs to figure out how to create that magic. Otherwise, I admire his enthusiasm and hardwork. He is truly a pioneer in this field. My DC favourite is his work on the amazing transformation the humble Tempo Trax (I believe it was called Devak)
Old 12th April 2005, 09:43   #41
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
can DC compete with Pininfarina and Guiguaro to design a replacement for the F360 that will live up to Ferrari's reputation. No! he cannot.
Nope not at all. But the fact that he cud get his cars displayed at the Geneva Auto show shows that he comes close.
Old 12th April 2005, 13:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

DC has only been doing modifications or new bodykits for cars all these years, only very recently he has started this "from scratch" business. He is learning damn fast. If only he wernt so aggressive!
Old 12th April 2005, 14:48   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Thanks Jesal! how much did DC charge for that?
20 laks plus the cost of the car thats about 8 laks
Old 12th April 2005, 14:53   #44
BHPian

The technique DC used for designing kits and concepts is the same, but in terms of use of materials , colors, textures hes the best(indian kit makers). this makes him different from the whole other indian league and hes seems to be the best because no other man on the planet can make that cheap(if any one is there please please let me know). here we are talking abt quality with pricing. I know pininfarina and zagato can make better or you cant compare their quality with DC they are far superior , but pricin?? India is a very very small market. can any one afford if a kit is sold for 1 lks. no our pricing should be around 35-50k ideal pricin. well that too if kit is sold for 1 lks and we have a break even of 30/kit then equation balances. It will be 30 lks to make a proper kit to make if the same pocedure followed DC. So DC wins each and every time.

JESAL you r RICH
Old 15th April 2005, 05:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
20 laks plus the cost of the car thats about 8 laks
So take that as 30lacs.Dude,that is some serious spending.Interiors would've been more expensive.If you sont mind,can you list out the price for the entire interior setup.Also,does a customer have an opinion when he is doing up the car.Like place the tv that way,toilet that side etc etc.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks