Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2005, 12:07   #46
BANNED

@vulcan : making fun of me kya ? hehe

@x machine : everything is of your choice i dont have the bill right now but ill list a few things my way ok

alloys and wheels : rs. 70000 from dc
from market : 45000

electronics : 3 laks.
from market i guess around 2.5 laks
i have a 26inch lcd, pioneer dvd single and 12 cd changers speakers not sure but not the best in the market

paint job i think 2 to 3 laks
my inhouse i could have done it for under 50k easy.

some bits here and there i cant remember oh ya and i paid 80000 to fit power steering which was so bad and still is. car is to go to pune again to fix it. anyways his quality has gone down a lot. my cars top was not painted and found with scrapes. power steering makes too much noise. front cabin does not work well, the seats underbody is so hopeless. its all made to look good in the long run i doubt it. if u have 30 laks just shut up and get a car for it please. never spend on a tempo unless u need one. this is my opinion so please someone dont make it big as someone did the last time
Old 15th April 2005, 14:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
@vulcan : making fun of me kya ? hehe
Im not making fun but I was just thinkin that one more guy made DC ric....................h.Instead you could have got a 800 bhp supra and you would have been my best friend
Old 15th April 2005, 20:28   #48
BHPian

hey i think its wrong to blame dc all together. his customers also approve of his designs rite??i think the car owner is ultimately the guy to be blamed . dc jus gives them what they want rite??
cheers
Old 15th April 2005, 21:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

hey jesal,

what about the suspension?????did DC modify it to take teh additional weight of the whatever was added to it.
because the last time i had seen a similar tempo traveller belonging to SRK,DC had done all the mods on the insides ,but had forgotten to strengthen the suspension.atleast thats what the driver had told me.so due to the additional weight ,the underbody used to scrap all the ups and downs along the road.
imagine SRK trying to rest inside with those scraping sounds coming from the bottom of the vehicle.

but have to admit,that of all DC designs,its his tempo travellers that stand out.
Old 16th April 2005, 01:40   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey jesal,

what about the suspension?????did DC modify it to take teh additional weight of the whatever was added to it.
because the last time i had seen a similar tempo traveller belonging to SRK,DC had done all the mods on the insides ,but had forgotten to strengthen the suspension.atleast thats what the driver had told me.so due to the additional weight ,the underbody used to scrap all the ups and downs along the road.
imagine SRK trying to rest inside with those scraping sounds coming from the bottom of the vehicle.

but have to admit,that of all DC designs,its his tempo travellers that stand out.
no suspension work man i dont think so
Old 16th April 2005, 15:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

The Camry and Octavia limousines that were done up by DC belong to my friend and which were made in mumbai and delivered in delhi to them. Both cars were extended about 2.5 feet, added atleast 300kgs of weight and still running on stock suspension when delivered.

Problem 1: The wheels used to grind against the wheel cavity even onthe slightest dip on the road. The owners were furious and the despite repeated efforts to communicate across to the guys in mumbai they still didnt get any response from them. So finally they had to send the car to a local workshop and get shocker-spacers 3 inch thicks added to the rear ones to provide the additional clearance. So the ride quality went for a toss of course. You dont deserve this when u spend 15lacs on a brand new car! and multiply that by two.

Problem 2: The second major flaw was that those cars are not serving as a limo at all, theyre just too cramped to have four people sitting in the back coz the knees of opposite people would be always grinding against each other. The stretch wasnt long enough i guess, maybe another 6 inches would have made a whole world of a difference... i wonder how gross miscalculations would be?

Problem 3: You could either view the LCD screen or seat people in the opposite side. Cant have an additional person in there if u wish to use the screen.

Its so weird why they would neglect such important issues when they are making so much money out of people! The finishing and all is great no doubts bout that, but whats the point of making something that good looking which is just a showpiece and hardly usable? Theres a limit to make money out of people by fooling them.

Jesal: My advice... double check on the suspension performance before u take delivery.
Old 16th April 2005, 15:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

jesal,
i think i had warned u abt this.abt Dc not strengthening teh suspension in a SRK tempo traveller.

also forget the suspension,he had not even given PS.

i forgot to have alook at the 15 inch tires that he had put.dunno if its a tire designed to take the extra load or if its a normal passenger car tire.

i will not be surprised,if he hasnt used tires used in LCV's or LT tires.

no wonder the Noble project got rejected.
Old 4th June 2006, 15:50   #53
BANNED

Aston Martin. Guys, DC didnt design it. He just built the body for them according to their own design and cast models. That's a hell lot of job or what? I think any good coach maker should've done it. Nothing great to be told about DC here.

DC's own designs are way out from being good. They're utterly ugly!
Old 4th June 2006, 16:01   #54
BANNED

Someone mentioned here that DC shows in Geneva.. yea your right... but (and correct me if I am wrong) you can pay and entry fee and show at a certain stall in geneva.. so have money.. will show S*** lol
Old 4th June 2006, 19:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

You can pay for display space and show your wares at any Auto Show in the world. Thats what theyre there for... And yeah DC is a regular at Geneva.
Old 4th June 2006, 22:48   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
You can pay for display space and show your wares at any Auto Show in the world. Thats what theyre there for... And yeah DC is a regular at Geneva.
There are some really deserted stalls at these shows. The Paris Auto show had this hall with Ferraris and Lamborghinis, where there was almost a stampede. There was this other hall with the Mahindra Scorpio, I can bet even the Mahindra reprasentatives were hanging out in a different hall with the Ferraris . There was nobody here, literally void of humans.

It may not be as expensive to display anything in these deserted halls. Of course if DC wants to park his design next to a Ferrari, we are talking about some serious cash. That said, is anyone going to look at the DC design when it is parked next to a Ferrari?
Old 7th August 2016, 08:42   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Any reviews on DC designs?

Did the Bangalore unit of DC Designs showroom shutdown or just move away ? I dont see it anymore @ Koramangala (between Sony World Jn & Ejipura Signal).

Have never seen a customer in the showroom on the occasions I have passed it by.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks